Pic Request: Dr. Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocutereceivingdrinlare5.jpg

bonogoofysmilepennysilvvf4.jpg

bonohappysmilephillycy7.jpg

bonopeacereceivingdrinlvs2.jpg

Wow thanks GG! :hug: I only had those images above with watermarks on them. Now I can update my collection :)

But I believe those images are when he got an honorary PhD in Laws at UPenn
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-05-18-bono-commencement_x.htm

So...he has at least 2 honorary PhDs in Laws now. I just think it is sort of funny, because I think if he would have stayed in college, I don't think he would have chosen the Law field.

I know Trinity College's robes are red & gold...this is the only pic I've seen from it so far. I was wondering if there were others.

http://www.djdchronology6.net/trinitydublindegree2003.htm

I guess you're right, I had the last pic labelled from Dublin so I figured they all were... but the outfit is the same as the penn uni indeed :hmm: I don't believe I"ve seen pics from Dublin!

Galeongirl said:

This exact thing happened to me on Saturday, except my gown wasn't nearly as nice, and Bono wasn't there. :wink: My hood has blue velvet on the outside and is blue and gold on the inside.

I'm Dr. Muse now, and I had to earn my title the hard way, not by the honorary route.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

This exact thing happened to me on Saturday, except my gown wasn't nearly as nice, and Bono wasn't there. :wink: My hood has blue velvet on the outside and is blue and gold on the inside.

I'm Dr. Muse now, and I had to earn my title the hard way, not by the honorary route.

YAY!! Congrats Dr. Muse :flirt: Very happy for you! The blue velvet is very pretty!

I'll be honest and just come out with it...Now that I've completed my Master's, I'm deciding now where I should get my PhD, and while I'm looking at programs for quality, I'm also taking a peek at the school gown/hood colors. ;)

I do happen to like Trinity's red/gold combo.

My daughter just got her Masters in Media Arts on May 10--B's Birthday. Congrats to you Dr Muse--it takes a lot of determination & dedication. :rockon:

i found this one but it's small, can't find a bigger one of it.

vip_grads_ss.jpg

btw seeing these pics again makes me realize how glad i am that bono cut his hair short again, lol :reject:

oooh thanks ABEL! the red/white looks hawt! so...maybe all of Trinity's PhD robes are red, and the second color has to do with the department.

I appreciate the haircut too :yes:

Bono's Doll congats to your daughter!

BonoIsMyMuse said:

:applaud: :applaud: :dancing: :dancing: :camera:

CONGRATS!

Thanks everybody!

I was really looking forward to one of those nice gowns with the velvet stripes one them and everthing, but I was picked to be the student marshal of the college of arts and sciences, and they told us we would have "special" regalia that we'd get at practice on Friday. After practice, I went to pick up my cap and gown only to find out that they were in one of our school's colors--green! :eyebrow:

I don't have any pictures yet, but I know I definitely stuck out when I was in line to get hooded, because I was one of two people out of 120 doctoral candidates to be in green. I got to keep my hood and my tassle; I was glad to give the Green Monster back!

Bono's Doll, congrats to your daughter! unico, I congratulated you in your IO thread, but in case you didn't see it there, congrats and good luck with your defense!

I'll refrain from making a comment about how much I'd enjoy getting to hood Bono :shifty:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Congrats , Dr. Muse .

:applaud:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
unico, I congratulated you in your IO thread, but in case you didn't see it there, congrats and good luck with your defense!

I'll refrain from making a comment about how much I'd enjoy getting to hood Bono :shifty:

Thank you Dr. Muse!! :hug: My defense is Thursday :uhoh: I'll let you know how it goes. I don't feel any different...but some of my friends have been calling me Master!

It is too bad there aren't more pics of this. Wasn't Bono signed up for a course at Trinity, but he was later denied because he failed Irish or something? If so, then this honorary degree is pretty significant.

Thanks BonoFox1! :) I didn't have these dewatermarked from UPenn either!!! I like the one where you can see his shoes.

I'm still surprised there aren't any pics from the Trinity College graduation, though. I'm going to have to do some research.

Back
Top Bottom