Pic request: Bono and Peter Garrett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobaby14

War Child
I picked up a copy of the new rolling stone magazine with bono and Eddie on the cover

Inside there is a picture of Bono and Peter Garrett (Midnight Oil Frontman and Australian Politician) and a few other people (i forget who it is :reject: )

And it got me thinking is there anymore pictures of Bono and Peter together?

Yeah, it says something about Bono and Eddie saving the world. I haven't picked it up myself yet...

A friend of my travel agent saw Bono, Mr Garrett, Eddie and Tim Costello in a pub in Melbourne when the band was in town... the pics aren't that good but I can put a couple up if you guys like...
Seems a bit stalkerish cos they were there to have lunch... :slant:

Hi there - I've seen that issue of the mag but haven't bought a copy yet. Its funny because I've never met Peter Garrett while he was with the Oils and now that he's in politics I pass him in the street in my local area - didn't realise how tall he actually is.

sunny

I met Peter when he pulled up in a stationwagon backstage at a Finn Brother's gig back in December 2005.

He was very friendly and yes, e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y tall!

It's great to know he keeps such good company! :D

from what date is this RS? I can get that mag here (a week later, when it was the Bono edition a month...) so I'd check that out :D

Saw the Oils live several times. They were GREAT live. I miss them :(

And Garrett was at the Melbourne shows if I remember correctly. On the side of the stage I heard, just when Bono walked out or something...

And Bono did do that speech (taped) at the Oils induction to the Australia RNR Hall of Fame late last year :up:

Last edited:
I got to see the Oils about a week before they announced they were breaking up....! They rocked hard though. :rockon:

Here are a couple of those pics I mentioned... they're not that good.

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

This is proof that either Bono is short or Peter is tall... or both. :giggle:

Mr Garrett was at the second Melbourne show at least... People I know saw him dancing between the barrier and the stage early in the show.

Last edited:
Zoobaby14 said:
I picked up a copy of the new rolling stone magazine with bono and Eddie on the cover

Inside there is a picture of Bono and Peter Garrett (Midnight Oil Frontman and Australian Politician) and a few other people (i forget who it is :reject: )

And it got me thinking is there anymore pictures of Bono and Peter together?

Could you give me the exact date of the magazine coz they always come out several weeks later here in Finland? :sigh:

yeh its not the james brown one... its the issue which features the songs of 2006.... might be a special end of year version. Saw at the shops today.

Jeffo17 said:
yeh its not the james brown one... its the issue which features the songs of 2006.... might be a special end of year version. Saw at the shops today.

I saw that too, but I only saw a very miniscular piece about U2 and pearl jam in it... more eddie vedder alone actually
it had a bit of U2 and Green Day as best new act of 2006 too... but I didn't see it worth being 8,50 euros so I didn't buy it

Sorry i havent got back to this thread, i havent had the internet

Thanks fot the pics :D

and yes Peter is VERY tall

The magazine is"Yearbook 2006/2007"

On the cover is Bono & Eddie together
Silverchair
Snow Patrol
Axl Rose
James Brown and Peter Garrett just to name a few

It might be just an aussie edition but im sure most of the articles will be in Everyone elses

Back
Top Bottom