Pic Of Kite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaraVoX

The Fly
Does Anyone Have A Pic Of The Kite Bono Flew In The Concerts.... Im Looking But Cant Find Any Anywhere, If You Do Id Really Love It If You Plzzz Posted It.. Kite Was Amazing, Wasnt A Dry Eye In The Stadium, U2 Live On :)

MelbourneKite2006-11-19-MelbournePi.jpg

Kite-brisbane7.jpg

MelbournekitePicturesbyMatthiasMueh.jpg

You can find lots more on Axver's site:
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com./tourpictures/?dir=2005 - Vertigo Tour/

It's kinna strange for me to see him "fly" the same kite, after he burned the string, some tour crew drag it back afterwards.

In China, while you fly a kite then break the string, it's a way to take all bad luck and sickness away from you and your family. No matter the string was broke by accident or in purpose. There's no bloody way you drag the symbol of bad luck and sickness back!!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

i think they actually bought a few copies of the kite - the second night in Sydney they had a box kite, and it flew out of the stadium, and the bird kite flew out of the dome both nights in melb, so unless some crew dude was running around outside looking for it, i dont think they reused the same one

but cool story...!

heres a pic i took of it

kite.jpg

Have a q for the people who were at the shows..

I have seen some pics of Bono with a guitar and people say its durning Kite but there are other photos of him with a Kite..

Did he stop playing the guitar and go down to one of the B-stages to do fly it or what?

dazzlingamy said:
i think they actually bought a few copies of the kite - the second night in Sydney they had a box kite, and it flew out of the stadium, and the bird kite flew out of the dome both nights in melb, so unless some crew dude was running around outside looking for it, i dont think they reused the same one

but cool story...!

heres a pic i took of it

kite.jpg

The kite didn't leave the Dome at Melb II or at Adelaide, they got hauled back in by fans. Someone here posted the entry in Willie's diary which said the same thing. I suppose it's just too tempting if it's flying just over you....

And no, it wasn't me either night, I was nowhere near! :mad: :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

The kite didn't leave the Dome at Melb II or at Adelaide, they got hauled back in by fans. Someone here posted the entry in Willie's diary which said the same thing. I suppose it's just too tempting if it's flying just over you....

And no, it wasn't me either night, I was nowhere near! :mad: :wink:

Good, good. It's perfectly okay to get someone else's loosing kite. I'm happy to know that he didn't got them back. :wink:

I attened the Adelaide show and the Melbourne II as well. the kites looked identical, and after it went loose, it flyed a bit dragged by the balloon, then when I tried to see where it was for the second time, it completely disappeared. So I assumed that some tour crew got it back.

Lucky fans who has got these kites. They have beautiful colors. :)

Last edited:
Thankx Everyone for there photos and info about the kite..
i cant belive fans tryd to get the flag of bono,,, man i think thats slack.. let the kite fly free you dikheads lol. sumone said bonos face just changed heaps when sumone tried to reach for the kite.. lyk a pissed of face !!! i would be too , its a great song and be set free without problems ! :)

tpsreports2424 said:
Have a q for the people who were at the shows..

I have seen some pics of Bono with a guitar and people say its durning Kite but there are other photos of him with a Kite..

Did he stop playing the guitar and go down to one of the B-stages to do fly it or what?

He first played Kite, when they finished the 'normal' version of the song, and Edge started his extended solo, Bono put down his guitar and went off to the bstage for the kite :) the digeridoo sets in at that moment aswell

Back
Top Bottom