Physical attraction to the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freetobeme

Babyface
I have a question for all you girls and ladies here. Why do you find the members of U2 attractive? While they were very handsome fellows in their youth, they aren't sexy or attractive in a physical way any longer. Is your attachment to them because of the music, or perhaps nostalgia? Or are there some who honestly think they look good? Back in the days of JT and AB they were smokin but that is over. There are other artists their age or even older who are still finely looking but our boys no longer make it in that category. I don't want to hear about how great the music is, or what wonderful people they are on the inside, I'm talking PHYSICAL LOOKS ONLY.

I'm a Bono gal and loved him since I was 14 like many others here. I thought he was delicious then and I think he is delicious now but for different reasons. Now I love his view on life, his family his religion, he doesn't waffle on issues and truly wants to make a difference in the world. His philosophy on life is a breath of fresh air and now at 46 I find him more attractive than ever.:drool:

When I was 14 he was just hot cause he was a rock star!

Well I'd like to welcome you and thank you for your opinion....buuuuuuuuuttttt your
re wrong:wink:. I happen to think they are way sexier now then they ever were:eyebrow: its all a matter of opinion. I am 28 years old and happen to think Bono is one of the most beautiful men to be created, I've thought that way since I was young...to each his own I guess. I find his wrinkles and graying hair charming, handsome and sexy. I take him over a Justin Timberlake anyday.

JCOSTER said:
I'm a Bono gal and loved him since I was 14 like many others here. I thought he was delicious then and I think he is delicious now but for different reasons. Now I love his view on life, his family his religion, he doesn't waffle on issues and truly wants to make a difference in the world. His philosophy on life is a breath of fresh air and now at 46 I find him more attractive than ever.:drool:

When I was 14 he was just hot cause he was a rock star!

absolutly:up:

and just look at him...

bono24gx-1.jpg

beautiful
:drool:

What?

I think they are all very handsome, good looking men. I think Bono is absolutely beautiful, physically. He always has been, and of course he looks older now but I still think he's gorgeous.

Larry is gorgeous too now. I think they are all physically attractive though, without a doubt.

Ok, physical looks only: Hmmm, that's a hard one. Well, I guess in Present Day terms it depends on how old you are and what taste in looks you got. I mean, if yer a young'un and quite like the softer 'fatherly' figure type of man then yeah, they're yer blokies. However, if you're in their 'age group' :whistle: then I guess you'd find them attractive cos people don't necessarily become ugly, just cos they're older and I guess that 'older' people tend to find 'older' people still attractive.

That said, in my humble opinion, they've all aged very well. Sometimes, I might catch something on tv and see an 'older' rocker being interviewed and I think ewwwwwwww, shite... but not so with U2. Personally, I think they've aged very well, they've got presence without looking stupid and trying to recapture their youth by squeezing into clothes they squeezed into in their 20s.

In conclusion: for me they're still 'very warm' though not necessarily hot. :rockon: ;) ;)

Are you kidding me?

Look at Adam right now. He is absolutely smoking :combust: For a guy his age, I think he looks stunning. He got rid of the eye glasses and the gray hair looks very good on him. He is very attractive.

I'm a guy BTW.

freetobeme....do you have anything positive to say about U2:happy: because this is like the second negative thread about them you've started..... I mean... to each his own and I respect your opinions and stuff...but what is your point?

Windmilllane said:
Are you kidding me?

Look at Adam right now. He is absolutely smoking :combust: For a guy his age, I think he looks stunning. He got rid of the eye glasses and the gray hair looks very good on him. He is very attractive.

I'm a guy BTW.

Haha, awesome post!

I find them to be nice looking young men. Don't you agree, Mrs. Purrl?

Why am I attracted to them??

Because they are real, not hung up on plastic surgery bullshit and they have bloody nice smiles!!!

Also attraction is usually based on the whole package, and I'm not shallow enough to only look skin deep. But when talking about the physical attraction, to me there is nothing nicer than a REAL looking man!

gluey said:
Why am I attracted to them??

Because they are real, not hung up on plastic surgery bullshit and they have bloody nice smiles!!!

Also attraction is usually based on the whole package, and I'm not shallow enough to only look skin deep. But when talking about the physical attraction, to me there is nothing nicer than a REAL looking man!

:up: exactly! I can relate to every member of u2, and that makes them even more attractive. If they were simply pictures in magazines, or voices in songs, then they would just be hot and not necessarily attractive. But because of how they speak to us as an audience (in interviews, at gigs, when we meet them) we see how real these men are.

When I first got into U2, the first thing I saw was Bono, and I thought he was SO HOT. And he is! I'm 15 now, I think he looks good still, he has an amazing voice and I love that he seems very real.

But Edge is the one that really holds my heart. I do find him absolutely GORGEOUS physically. He has amazing bone structure, beautiful eyes, he's thin and he's got great arms, plus he has a heart of gold.

I personally cannot see where you're coming from when you say they're not hot anymore!

partygirlvox said:

:up: exactly! I can relate to every member of u2, and that makes them even more attractive. If they were simply pictures in magazines, or voices in songs, then they would just be hot and not necessarily attractive. But because of how they speak to us as an audience (in interviews, at gigs, when we meet them) we see how real these men are.

Yep, I hear ya! And the way they communicate to their audience, fans and other real people is even more appealing for the whole package isn't it! I think its sad when anyone is judged on physical looks alone....becaue then 88% of the worlds population would be lonely etc!!!!:wink:

hmm one thing though....shame that we're wasting time replying to an 'alter' but nevertheless its interesting reading everyones answers about what it is they like about the guys....

:corn:

Note: don't waste your money on the 'hide my IP' program :mad: :banghead: Though I did manage to fool five other messsage boards :D

Your devotion to your guys is admirable. Pity I can no longer share it, but I understand how you feel.

3925146-1.jpg

They are boys no longer , the men of U2 are smokin hot . and if you don't see it , you can always enjoy their music . they are amazing musicians and I'm sure they prefer that , but I do both ...
:drool: :drool: :drool:
323.jpg

bridgit said:
I find them to be nice looking young men. Don't you agree, Mrs. Purrl?

Why, yes! MsPurrl is several years older than any one of the members of U2, but she (I) finds all of them to be fine-looking gentlemen. JT Bono will always be first in my heart, of course; but he is beautiful now. And Adam is even more handsome now than he ever was, IMHO. The Edge has always been about "eyes" to me--gorgeous!! Larry has been looking too thin and drawn lately; he should eat!!

Psssshhh. They're still gorgeous now, albeit not in a leather vest and PVC kind of way.
Bono's got a distinguished pretty thing going on right now, very nice.
Edge has the whole geeky swagger thing, fantastic.
Adam is one of the few men to pull off the silver fox look, and does it very well.
And Larry. Is Larry. -Plays Xylophone on his abs-

Don't get me wrong, though.
I'm all for leather vests. -Strokes 1987-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom