Photo-Uploader of Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyGirl

The Fly
I'm a bit behind on times...

What's the best place to upload your photos? What's the best place that actually allows off-site linking?

I've heard names thrown around like Snapfish and Webshots, and I'm getting curious as to which is the best. After all, when you're uploading U2 pictures and you want to display them here, it would help if they'd show up instead of those nasty lil' red X boxes.

So what do you guys all use? Thanks...

------------------
for a minute there, i lost myself
karma police, arrest this girl

Hi Jess
biggrin.gif

I recently found bravenet.com's photo service, and I like it a lot. No red x's, but you can have only 30 photos or so per account, so if you wanted to store more, you'd have to make more than one account.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Somehow I figured you'd be in PLEBA, let alone Interference.
wink.gif
I guess then I'll just have to make a couple million accounts. No biggie. Thanks. I guess all I need to know then is at bravenet.com...

------------------
for a minute there, i lost myself
karma police, arrest this girl

NOOOOOOOOOOOO Bravenet!!!!!!!!!!! It ate my PLEBA Membership card photos.

Right now, Elvis and Sicy are working on a photo archive for us to use. It may take time, but we will have it. In the meantime, I've just been linking to the page where I found them. Unless it's Otto's site, he's asked that we not link to his site.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Snapfish isn't bad....it just shrinks pics...but that's a small price to pay IMO..

www.snapfish.com

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by daisybean:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO Bravenet!!!!!!!!!!! It ate my PLEBA Membership card photos.

Ugh, I didn't know that! That really sucks.
mad.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I've used snapfish for coming on a year now with nary a problem. It may shrink pics a bit but it doesn't eat them! (a far worse thing, imo)

I'm testing new sites..

Lets see if this works.. although I dont think I'll be using this one because they watermark the bottom.
mad.gif

pubimage.asp

And I took this picture at Oakland. It's my favorite.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-30-2002).]

Testing PhotoAccess..

GetThumb

Blah.. it made this one bigger.. it looks horrible. grr

GetThumb

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-30-2002).]

Hmm...

The watermark wouldn't annoy me that much if it serves it's purpose... It's better than a photo-eater or an uploader that doesn't work at all! PhotoAccess doesn't come up for me.

What's the Interference thing I've been hearing rumors about? Other than that, Snapfish is the place to go? Arrgh, so many questions...

------------------
and if you get too far inside
you'll only see my reflection

Thanks for the address...

I was looking for something similar to what you want. A gallery would be really helpful since I have a bunch of pictures scattered around my hard drive... Not to mention the benefits of off-site linking!

You'll post here if you find anything right?
biggrin.gif

------------------
and if you get too far inside
you'll only see my reflection

So you cant see the PhotoAccess pictures I posted? Great.

Testing Image Station..

fdd68056.jpg.orig.jpg

although a lot of people in here like Snapfish, and even msn, i have never been able to post pictures from there. i always get red x's when i try to post.

i was using a site called webphotos.com, but that too decided to give me the red x's.

i found a site yesterday, www.36pix.com and so far it is working for me. it shrinks the photos but at least it is working for me. hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 03-31-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom