Photo storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I don't know what you girls found to replace Webshots, but I was browsing around and discovered bravenet.com's photo storage service, which seems to be identical to Webshots -- sans annoyance, hopefully.
wink.gif
Just passing that along.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I'm signing up at the moment.. I'll try one ASAP.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Testing!

2D3469A456.jpg

------------------

BOOM CHA!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

But remember how Nikonnet.com worked but then deleted your pics after about 24 hrs..... we should wait and see if it stays..... but thanks for posting this!!!! I really hope it works!

------------------
Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

Originally posted by daisybean:
[BElevatedmole: is there a storage limit?

[/B]

Unfortunately, I think you can have a max of 50 files.
frown.gif
However, I don't think it would be too hard to sign up with multiple accounts.

------------------

I definitely think Bravenet is one of the better services out there -- they always have really nice service, and you have never been forced to pay for anything. I definitely would reccomend them -- anyway, I am not sure of their policy on images that are of megapopular rockstars
wink.gif
but hopefully they won't be deleting your images. BTW -- you have the option of making public or private albums.

------------------

I'm holding my breath this site doesn't turn into a pumpkin too. MSN is quirky, like some pics won't post for some reason loke those BAW got of LOVEROCKS, but at least they don't take your pics like the rest. www.imageevent.com will allow you to link to message boards- if you pay them $3.95 a month. They also have a feature to increase or decrease the size of your pic. But what good is it if it won't post, I mean unless we pay?

Originally posted by daisybean:
I signed up for it simply because my MSN is being ultra flaky right now....

so far so good, I've posted the last few "membership cards" from there.

I've got my fingers crossed

Some things I've discovered about MSN: they are very flaky, but after doing research and experiments I have proven my theories!

*If a pic has a % in its title, it will upload and you will see the thumbnail, but when you click to enlarge it, it will only be a big white square with a red x! I noticed this happening to many of my pics before realizing they all had the same thing in common- the % sign! I deleted them, renamed them on my hard drive, reuploaded them and they were fine! Weird, but true! It happened!

I used to just save or download pics as whatever the other person or site called them, but since discovering this problem I now rename each one I save, making sure there are no %, - or _ in the title. Just letters and/or numbers with no spaces. Spaces throw it off too.

*If a pic has a dash- or underscore_ in its name there is a chance that it will not post. I mean you'll see the thumb and the big pic but when you post it here it will only show up as the addy but no pic, not even a red x! The weird thing is, this doesn't always happen. I have had pics with dashes and underscores post just fine, but so far all the ones I've noticed that did this had one of those things. Once again, I deleted the pics, renamed them and reuploaded them and they were fine! So not all pics with - or _ in the title refuse to post, but some do. Flaky, but remember that.

*Sometimes after uploading the pic will appear only as a little yellow 'Homer Simpson' looking thing as a thumbnail. Sometimes these go away, most times not. Delete, reupload, and allow more time after the uploading before checking the album. Also, the fewer you upload at once, the better they'll do, though I LOVE MSN's upload method where all your pics come up and you can just put checks by the ones you want. All the other hosts make you find one at a time, and with 1700 U2 pics and other stuff in my pictures folder, that is annoying.

*One more thing- MSN's addys are very long- it's easy when highlighting the addy to miss part of it and it will not post. When you paste it make sure it's at least 3 lines long, sometimes four, or you missed something.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom