Photo Request - City of Blinding Lights Inspiration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
Has anyone seen the Anton Corbijn photo Bono is referring to in the Rolling Stone article? I would love to see it if anyone has it!

Bono was attending the opening of a museum exhibition in Holland by U2's longtime photographer Anton Corbijn, "and he had a room full of Bonos, if you can think of anything worse," the singer says, chuckling with embarrassment. "But to see these giant pictures, through the years -- I got stuck in front of one, it must have been 1981 or '82, of me taking a ride in a helicopter. The eyes were so open. The whole face was so open.

"A journalist sidled up to me and said" -- Bono affects a thick, old-world accent -- " 'Vat vould Bono now say to dis Bono?' I went, 'Well, I would tell him, he's right -- and stop second-guessing himself.'

"The band was what I believed in then," Bono contends. "My faith in myself was a different matter. That innocence -- you don't just want to shed it. You want to beat it off you, scratch it off. You think that knowledge of the world will somehow give you an easier route through it.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!:hyper:

ab55bcc7.jpg

I was wondering if anyone still has this old photo and can post it here?

I would love to see it!

Actually I might be able to redo my scan a bit better, if I can I'll post it... I think I made that one real fast one day but I can probably get a better one :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom