Photo of Bono's Eze House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to go off topic again but GG, When I looked his house up on Google Earth I got something different (that's why I asked you) I got him in Killiney Ireland, not Dublin....If I new how to post the pic up on google earth I'd do it...

Wow Bono has an awesome home in France
:drool:

tpsglick2424 said:
Sorry to go off topic again but GG, When I looked his house up on Google Earth I got something different (that's why I asked you) I got him in Killiney Ireland, not Dublin....If I new how to post the pic up on google earth I'd do it...

Wow Bono has an awesome home in France
:drool:

Killiney is a dubling suburb ^^

check next to my pic, it says route from dublin centre to the co-ordinates :)

Galeongirl said:
I just found it on GoogleEarth :)
43°43'18.70"N 7°21'25.60"E

from above I'm not so sure now what the house is and what not.... it's the reddish above right the balcony right?

shouseezegoogleearthke4.jpg

I made one picture from the pier when I was there, still have to upload that from the camera to the pc...

Could you try this again? This is not the right location, you should go more to the left, right on the spot where the road and the railway seperate.

edit: my screenshot turned out to be very small :huh:

Last edited:
greety said:

Could you try this again? This is not the right location, you should go more to the left, right on the spot where the road and the railway seperate.
This is a screenshot but I can't zoom in any more

ezeskyview.jpg

I think the circular pool is part of the territory.

it is, I just did the bookmark the wrong way, it's the red house a little bit on the right, with the yellow next to it.
His house is straight behind the railway station, wich you'll see in my pic (the little houses is the station)
I doubted about it first, but this is really the right location!

Sorry, I'm quite sure it's not.

I loaded the shot to imageshack and now you can see the circular pool a bit better.

Their houses are situated more to the left of the station.

eze-sky-view.html

Last edited:
you need the link most bottom of the page...

and the entrance of Bono's house starts at the crossing of the railway and the way to the beach.... the train station was there too.... the other side of the house was a long way of following the train and the people I was with didn't feel like doing that... we might be both right, since they do have a huge property!

:hmm: I still think it was more to the right... It was the same balcony... and I did find the right house since the pic is the same as professional ones :huh:

now I'm confused :confused:

I think it's this house.... wich one do you think it is?

ezenm2.jpg

Imageshack seems to freak out when I try to upload the PNG version, so I changed it into jpg

Last edited:
Now I'm confused. I thought the Bono/Edge place was right on the beach, with a big white wall fronting it. But the house that's circled doesn't look like that at all. It's set too far back, I think :confused:

Galeongirl said:
I just found it on GoogleEarth :)
43°43'18.70"N 7°21'25.60"E

from above I'm not so sure now what the house is and what not.... it's the reddish above right the balcony right?

shouseezegoogleearthke4.jpg

I made one picture from the pier when I was there, still have to upload that from the camera to the pc...

i'm looking on goole earth,
Bono's house is where the compass is in that pic

LostAtMoon said:
eb0ab4dc.jpg

Is Edge’s house the one on the left of Bono’s house behind the trees?

The yellow house is indeed on the left behind the trees. You can't see it in this pic. and its still not very clear if they really have each their own house or one for all of them and the yellos as a guest house.

biff said:
Now I'm confused. I thought the Bono/Edge place was right on the beach, with a big white wall fronting it. But the house that's circled doesn't look like that at all. It's set too far back, I think :confused:

biff, you're right, the house Gg has marked is not the right one.

Here is my view. the blue circle is the red house and the green is what I think is the whole lenght of the estate (or appr. so)

ezeskyviewbewerktzz1.png

greety said:

biff, you're right, the house Gg has marked is not the right one.

Here is my view. the blue circle is the red house and the green is what I think is the whole lenght of the estate (or appr. so)

ezeskyviewbewerktzz1.png

Thanks! That makes more sense. It's a good-sized piece of property, but personally I'd prefer more privacy. (How's that for alliteration?) They're surrounded on all sides - highway, railway, public beach.

biff said:

Thanks! That makes more sense. It's a good-sized piece of property, but personally I'd prefer more privacy. (How's that for alliteration?) They're surrounded on all sides - highway, railway, public beach.

I have to agree with you, that even though Bono has a beautiful house, I wouldn't like to live in a such a location. Which why I live out in the back of beyond with the forest outside my window, both here at home, as well my student flat in Kuopio as seen below....

IMG_0201.jpg

....I could hardly believe how lucky I was to get this student flat in the most perfect location. :D And it's just a 10 minute bus ride to school!

Last edited:
Here's an exerpt from the new book, U2 By U2, all about the houses:

Edge speaking:

Early in the Nineties, Bono hatched this idea that the band would try and buy a huge house in France and create a small compound with enough space for us all to spend time there together. An estate agent called to say he had found a fantastic place right on the sea and we all went down to view it. Adam and Larry took one look and said they thought the whole idea was completely mad. But at that point I was on my own, I'd moved out of the family home and it felt like somethhng that had potential to be the next phase of life. So Bono and myself bought this house together and started making plans to renovate, because it was in such bad condition. We are only just finishing it, over fifteen years later. It's two houses on a single piece of land and we swap houses every couple of weeks. When I tell people I go on holidays with Bono they look at me a little funny but it has actually worked out really well. We bought it in 1992, it was at least another year before one of the houses was habitable and we spent a lot of time there during 1994. That was our summer of love, as Bono calls it. We had a rare old time.

biff said:

Edge speaking:

Early in the Nineties, Bono hatched this idea that the band would try and buy a huge house in France and create a small compound with enough space for us all to spend time there together. An estate agent called to say he had found a fantastic place right on the sea and we all went down to view it. Adam and Larry took one look and said they thought the whole idea was completely mad. But at that point I was on my own, I'd moved out of the family home and it felt like somethhng that had potential to be the next phase of life. So Bono and myself bought this house together and started making plans to renovate, because it was in such bad condition. We are only just finishing it, over fifteen years later. It's two houses on a single piece of land and we swap houses every couple of weeks. When I tell people I go on holidays with Bono they look at me a little funny but it has actually worked out really well. We bought it in 1992, it was at least another year before one of the houses was habitable and we spent a lot of time there during 1994. That was our summer of love, as Bono calls it. We had a rare old time.

:cute:
Thanks for that, Biff. I can't wait to get my copy of this book!

biff said:

Edge speaking:

:cute:

Thanks for that, biff! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom