PHILLY WAS AMAZING!!! i GOT A SMILE FROM MY BOY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shygirl

Acrobat
Well, Philly was just amazing! I still have so many emotions running through me I don't know where to begin!!!

We got there at 9am and were 188-189 in line. I had the BEST time in the GA line!!! I met SO many cool people it was great!!

Finally we got in to the arena, and I was right in front of the EDGE about two people from the stage.. It's pretty much where I was the last two times I saw them in Philly. For some reason it seemed as if I was closer than last time. I think b/c there were more short girls in front of me and less tall guys... ANyway, Stereophonics came out and did a great set! I really thought they did a great job!

I was in heaven when the boys took the stage!!! I was just in aw of how close I really was! The show was GREAT!!! I loved every minute of the setlist!! Highlights: Out of COntrol, Please and Wild Honey!!!
Bullet the BLue Sky just blew me away!! Such emotion! I cried during Streets, that song always gets to me. I also cried during One and Walk on.. Having lost a friend in the WTC attacks, seeing the names of some of the victims scroll down killed me...
They just seemed to be having a great time out there.. I've never seen Edge smile so much! The mood was just really light.. It was great!

Now on to my Edge smile! Well, it was just when they were walking off stage for the first time.. Edge stood and waved to the audience as usual. I was jumping up and down and waving like a crazy person. He looked at me, pointed, smiled, and nodded at me!!! I nearly died! He did that again at the very end of the show, after the second encore!!! He was so cute, b/c I had made this sign which said: EDGE, ALL I WANT IS....A HUG!! I held it up when he came over to shake people's hand at the end of the show. He just smiled and tilted his head and pointed at me again!!!! VERY COOL!!!

All I can say now girls is that I am going through serious withdrawal! I was SO sad on SAturday... This was my last Elevation show... :-( We are probably going to have to wait a while before they tour again....
Thank You Edge, Bono, Adam, Larry for a amazing night!!!!

[This message has been edited by Shygirl (edited 11-05-2001).]

Congrats! Glad you managed to get Wedge's attention...
biggrin.gif

I swear Edge smiled right at me, and waved even though I was in the stands! Larry smiled and waved our way too, but not directly toward me like Edge! Bono gave us a lot more attention than I thought, he was so sweet and so hot! He looked our way ever so often and paid attention to everyone. I never noticed him doing that when I was in GA. The guys' butts were very hot from behind! Sure I'd rather be in Bono's face like I was in Baltimore! When I saw him doing that thing he does with his eyes as he takes the shades off, I wished I was down there! He is so beautiful! At least I was at the show though, some U2 is better than none.

Oh, Shygirl I'm so thrilled for you! There really is no feeling in the world like having Edge smile at you, is there?
biggrin.gif

Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!
smile.gif

I forgot to tell you Shygirl- I really did enjoy your story and I am very happy for you~ You know he saw you, you were so close and you know he could tell how you feel about him! I know you will cherish that moment all your life, it's special. Even if you don't have a pic I know it will always live with you. If you do have any pics, please post them here. SO glad your experience was a good one.

Aww...sounds great!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

Thanks guys! I'm still very much on a concert high! I did take pictures druing the beginning of the show, but I don't have a scanner to post them... Sorry... Its funny b/c everyone who looks at them can tell right off that I have a crush on the Edge, since the majority of the pictures are of him...... Hee Hee!

wb!
Originally posted by Shygirl:
Thanks guys! I'm still very much on a concert high! I did take pictures druing the beginning of the show, but I don't have a scanner to post them... Sorry... Its funny b/c everyone who looks at them can tell right off that I have a crush on the Edge, since the majority of the pictures are of him...... Hee Hee!

Oh I'm so bad like that too...once Bono walks on stage I'm snapping away. Then I say to myself, I have way too many people that will kill me if I only take pics of him...
biggrin.gif
Might explain why between Chicago and Providence I went through 16 rolls of film!

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Back
Top Bottom