PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CK> enjoy your meal, anjoy your reading (!:sexywink:)

and Congrats to Lil CK/Team:applaud::applaud: on Regional DI!

looked it up so I knew what I was applauding :D

Aww, thanks.

Yeah, Destination Imagination is like, basically a "gifted students" program. They focus on teamwork, problem-solving skills, improv/creative-thinking, and engineering/math/science skills. It was Odyssey of the Mind when I was in school but it got a revamp and a reboot under the new name. He's been in it for 2 yrs now and he loves it. :up:

(And yeah, it's for all grade levels so he could theoretically continue on in the program all the way through high school. Plus our high school has a really good Robotics program as well. :up: )

got it, CK :)
oh good for him.

ah I was in a gifted students program...but back then it didn't have any other type of name, and back then the USA was still strong in the Sciences that it might have also been geared to all types of studies!

As a ?7 - 7 1/2 month preemie back then - I was in testing off & on for years (I'd been in an experiemental program where they either reduced or increased the amount of Oxygeninto the to the preemies isolettes to stop the blindness that was occuring too often back then) to also see if it effected their IQ's .

Pretty ironic that I ended up (both pro for some years and self-directed <currently, as well> at other times) as an artist/designer.

But I also loved/fascinated by some of the Sciences..... Earth Sciences, Space Sciences, Paleontology, Archeology, and Dinosology! :)wink:)

But I never was able to really grasp the higher maths, chemistry, some of the physics stuffthat involved math... so scinece as a career was out for me but I guess in the end also I loved arta little better.

I am a more educated person in some pf the sciences still, than the average person.

As they tested me through the years because I'd been in that experimental procedure (waaay before more types of intelligence were offically recognized and then encouraged in kids) they found I rated nearly off-the-charts in Abstraction w so I was considered in the top 2% because back then that kind of thing was considered one of the greatest indicators of intellegence back then. Still is but now along with other Indicators for the other aspects/kinds of Intelligences.

Maybe if I'd had the right style of teaching for math, chemistry I couldda beena genius---- like Edge! :hyper::lol::wink:

Yeah I did a few gifted programs as well. And then decided in high school that I didnt care. I was the kid that never studied, looked at stuff the day of, and then passed. :shrug:

In hindsight I probably should have been more interested in school, but alas, the teen years were angst-filled and on top of all the usual teen drama, I lost a grandparent to a long battle with cancer and then my parents divorced. So school really didn't rank high on my priority list. :doh:

:( aw, well, that'd make sense CK.

I wasn't one of those ( never study just lookt at some and bingo!)

well maybe at some point some years from now you can put your brains to some new, interesting for new career or a great hobby etc! :) IF you want to.

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! :hyper:

Make myself some of these this week :drool:

st.patricks+cupcakes+035.JPG

http://azoresgal.blogspot.nl/2012/03/chocolate-guinness-cupcakes-and-irish.html

Comet! I love that GIF. Maybe it should go in the drinking thread? :ohmy: I found another Edge shadowboxing pic for the get fit one too! Maybe I'll update the threads today instead of writing a paper about American Psycho....

Comet! I love that GIF. Maybe it should go in the drinking thread? :ohmy: I found another Edge shadowboxing pic for the get fit one too! Maybe I'll update the threads today instead of writing a paper about American Psycho....

Sounds like a great idea! :D

Do we still have a drinking thread? :hmm: I forgot about it I guess. Definitely sounds like one that should be brought back to life today. I'd be surprised if I hadn't posted that gif there already though. Or just post it again. Why not! :D

:hyper:

so... i have this older laptop (given to me)

I don't know if i was giving up too soon but it semed that it couldn't even play YT vids at all....:sad:

I clicked on YT vertigo2x vid in the album13 thread and I GOT a jerky gif-like vid ( that's ok) but was able to hear the audio clearly :ohmy::ohmy::hyper::hyper::drool:

i just went on to YT Music and just clicked on u2 sydney (not sure if it's the original or another night than the official CD?

Anyway I :hyper: maybe now am able to listen to live YT U2 vids at home?!!!

*dancesforJOY!!!!!*

the only thing i reaaaally have to do is find a pair of earbuds that work (here in my apt).

Back
Top Bottom