PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you had a good (if not interesting and trying!) vacation, domo. There were tough times, but in all the vacation was a good one? And it's always nice to be home too. Oh and congrats on work too!

I think Gg told me about that once, Jj. :hmm: But of course, it is not named in German, but in Spanish. :wink: I can't remember specifically right now, but I believe it is named for a Saint. Saint James I believe if translating to English. :hmm: Lots of stuff is named in Spanish language in this area, as it was first area to be settled here. i think San Diego was the first city in California. (I think... :hmm::reject:)

:hmm: Just had a quick look around and tried to confirm, and seems the name origin is a bit attributed to a few different reasons. Mostly named for the Spanish patron Saint Diego (James), but also for the thick forest surrounding the bay harbor that downtown SD is built in... the word diego being the word for this type of forest. (Which would be the area that Balboa Park, where I was yesterday, would be of that forest. It's an interesting mix of pine, palm, and eucalyptus trees, in deep canyons.)

I only pay 50 € but can take 1 with me for 150 as it´s a union Cruise :lol:

Stockholm subway is cool if you havent seen it before The Subway in Stockholm, Sweden Features Incredible Designs at Each Stop

50 bucks for a cruise? Thats awesome. :up: Nice!

Glad you had a good (if not interesting and trying!) vacation, domo. There were tough times, but in all the vacation was a good one? And it's always nice to be home too. Oh and congrats on work too!

I really had a great one yes. I feel pampered and lucky. And got so much energy out of it. Thanks :D

Glad to hear you got a nice day off, at a spot you feel right at home.
Museums are awesome. Art = Awesome.

Jeevey, glad your babies are better. :hug:

CK, jeevey... so sorry to hear you're going to get MOAR snow :hug:

we are so far lucky in the city area just get a tad way later tonight/early Thurs. And we've already gotten more than double our average winter.

GG enjoy! Her 17C is our 62.somethingF here.
We hit 18.8 in Central Park yesterday 66F!

I :heart: my Conversion App on Dashboard!

Interesting... GG do they ever give your temps in halves say like 16.5 ?. Just curious because your degree increments are a little bigger than our Farenhright.

Or any other Celsius user who wants to answer that :)

tara whats "Call of the Midwife"? besides the most obvious theme
Pretty much the obvious. British show about midwives and nuns in 50s/60s East End (London). Pretty good, really. And it has Stephen McGann, which a major plus for me (he's adorable and talented).

For the Cumberbatch girls:

Benedict Cabaggepatch.
:lol:

Any of you watched new Cosmos reboot featuring astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson ?
Was on Fox last night in US

It´s a remake of old Carl Sagan serie, been waiting for it and it airs here on sunday eve :D

I did. :D

I even posted a thread in LS/ZS, so my first off comments are there. 38 views, no replies. :sigh: I look forward to more.

jeevey- so glad to hear the munchkins are feeling better!
If likemadonna was here it was before (or in betwee the times i was/now am here. I def would have remembered that avi!

comet- that park sounds wonderful. What in interesting grouping of trees! Gonna Google image it! Glad you had a mini-vaca! oh and i remember, in SF at least ? 2 of their major Museums are in _____ Park! (there in 79!)

JJ- oh neat looking cruise boat! And OMG WOW the Stockholm Subway Sysyten. Swoon! Tha is so fabulous! :hyper: :love: ART :love:

NYC has put extra art into place over time most are mosaics but not all. Some sculptures. There are specially designed metal bars/fences that are not your average horizonal metal bars.
And as far as I know the only Sound/Musical Art piece in our subway! :love:

domo- oh no trech on the frirtizing!
My laptops battery is in it's fast drain/fast regain charge stage. :(

CK- sounds like you had a eye-candy micro vacation yourself. :D

Does anybody know if it's possible to dig up web pages after they have been removed? Aislinn O'Sullivan had a wikipedia entry when I first was in the fandom and it disappeared shortly after. There's so little out there about her.

comet- that park sounds wonderful. What in interesting grouping of trees! Gonna Google image it! Glad you had a mini-vaca! oh and i remember, in SF at least ? 2 of their major Museums are in _____ Park! (there in 79!)

I looked it up too out of curiosity after reading that, but couldn't find anything else on it. It was just the one article about the origin of the name which mentioned it being the name for the type of forest. And the trees I named were just the types of trees that are growing wild in the area. So it's possible that maybe it isn't exactly those trees that are named that. I really don't know. But yeah now I may have to look into it a little more! :hmm:

domo- oh no trech on the frirtizing!
My laptops battery is in it's fast drain/fast regain charge stage. :(

Yeah! Been there done that. I'm in the stage where the screen goes black... for a loooong time, and then does it again 5 min later.. Somethings really wrong with the screen.

Does anybody know if it's possible to dig up web pages after they have been removed? Aislinn O'Sullivan had a wikipedia entry when I first was in the fandom and it disappeared shortly after. There's so little out there about her.

There's this site called the waybackmachine. And there's another one... I can't remember but I know Waybackmachine isn't the best.. But you can try that. GG you know the other one?

I tried this once before and didn't get anywhere but I'm not sure I did it right. Can you tell me just what to do?

PS I feel a little like an imposter using this avi. I think I'll add some text to make it mine.

LgZroEk.jpg

:shifty: new simcard is on its way. Can keep the same number and still have all my contacts. No news yet from insurance, as I expected they are taking their time.

Back
Top Bottom