PGP:You are the Wind beneath my wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw fuck. I've been putting off a trip to the dentist for 5 years, and I KNEW there were problems... but the aches came and went and I deluded myself...
I just saw this massive chasm in a tooth that's already mostly filling. I think my wisdom teeth are shoving it against the others and destroying it.

Fuckfuckfuck. I HATE going to dentists and this is going to be expensive... I have insurance, but it won't cover it all.
:sad:

(Edited to remove misplaced dentist-hate)

Last edited:
Alisaura said:
Aw fuck. I've been putting off a trip to the dentist for 5 years, and I KNEW there were problems... but the aches came and went and I deluded myself...
I just saw this massive chasm in a tooth that's already mostly filling. I think my wisdom teeth are shoving it against the others and destroying it.

Fuckfuckfuck. I HATE dentists and this is going to be expensive... I have insurance, but it won't cover it all.
:sad:

:hug: But remember...don't shrug the pain off just because you hate Dentists. If the pain gets worse I mean.

You getting better is more important than not liking a medical official due to various reason...if doctor or dentist. And you will find a way to pay off the bill...talk with your dentist about a payment plan :wink:

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have said I hate GOING to dentists... I don't have anything against them as human beings (and yes, they are human beings!). I know I've only made things worse by putting it off... I am an idiot.
And I'll probably have to wait weeks for an appointment... :sigh:
The dentist I had in Canberra was so good, I'm afraid that if I go to one here they'll be crap and jab me and I don't like pain...
I wonder if any are open today so I can make an appointment...

As much as I hate pain, I hate the thought of losing more of my teeth than I need to more!

:hug: thanks...

it was all right, Ali

It's more of the habit of watching it together with my mom that keeps me watching it, really :lol: though it is a very unique program and certainly good for some entertainment

Alisaura said:
Sorry, I should have said I hate GOING to dentists... I don't have anything against them as human beings (and yes, they are human beings!). I know I've only made things worse by putting it off... I am an idiot.
And I'll probably have to wait weeks for an appointment... :sigh:
The dentist I had in Canberra was so good, I'm afraid that if I go to one here they'll be crap and jab me and I don't like pain...
I wonder if any are open today so I can make an appointment...

As much as I hate pain, I hate the thought of losing more of my teeth than I need to more!

:hug: thanks...

I understand....I probably took it the wrong way slightly (I thought you were afraid because of all the tools and needles). It's probably annoying sometimes too :hug:

Don't feel so bad about putting it off....I haven't been to a dentist in YEARS....and I really should have...but I'm afraid about the money cause I'm uninsured.

Oh....being afraid of pain is totally understandable....like you said...you're afraid of making it worse than making it better. :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
it was all right, Ali

It's more of the habit of watching it together with my mom that keeps me watching it, really :lol: though it is a very unique program and certainly good for some entertainment

I don't think I've ever seen it... haunted things freak me out... :yikes:

I really should have gone to see a dentist a year ago, at the latest, when I realised I could SEE holes in my teeth... :slant:
But I kept hoping they'd fix themselves... and before you laugh at me, a dentist told me years ago that some of these whiter spots I have on my teeth are little holes that did actually fix themselves... I guess once they become big enough for me to see in a mirror, it's too late though.

Alisaura said:

I don't think I've ever seen it... haunted things freak me out... :yikes:

I really should have gone to see a dentist a year ago, at the latest, when I realised I could SEE holes in my teeth... :slant:
But I kept hoping they'd fix themselves... and before you laugh at me, a dentist told me years ago that some of these whiter spots I have on my teeth are little holes that did actually fix themselves... I guess once they become big enough for me to see in a mirror, it's too late though.

I wouldn't laugh at you - like I said, I'm not one to preach about the dentist. I stopped going because the damned fillings hurt more than the cavities they were supposed to be fixing :madwife:

Alisaura said:
Hi Flybabe! :wave:

Really SG? That doesn't sound right at all... Did you try visiting a different dentist? :hug:

Not yet - but I plan to soon - now that the fillings aren't super sensitive to cold ... and heat ... and pressure... :crack:

Sad_Girl said:

Not yet - but I plan to soon - now that the fillings aren't super sensitive to cold ... and heat ... and pressure... :crack:

Eek, that sounds like it was really bad... I'm glad all my fillings are behaving themselves (I think!)... They'll have more company soon enough!

Alisaura said:
I eat way too much sugary crap... I can't get away with it though! I don't know if I should blame my mothers English genes...

:lol: you aren`t alone there either with loving sweets and sours...

Alisaura said:
I eat way too much sugary crap... I can't get away with it though! I don't know if I should blame my mothers English genes...

I can one up you...I don't use proper hygine when it comes to my teeth cause I can't keep track. After like a couple of days....I'll feel bored with brushing my teeth and forget about it. I've always been like this and I know it's bad...but I can't help myself! (Sorry for the lame excuse :reject: )

And yes...I do eat and drink a lot of sugary crap too :wink:

Seeya SG! Good luck to nephew :wave:

Weldy, I too tend to be slack about brushing, especially at night, which is the one time you reall SHOULD brush. I went through a stage in my teens when I just didn't brush anything, teeth or hair, for a scarily long time... let's just say I wasn't very photogenic then!

Back
Top Bottom