PGP working Pro Bono for the boys - Happy 50th Birthday B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel the need to do something drastic with my hair. Something that involves shaving part of my head and/or dyeing it a color that does not exist in nature. Getting another, more visible tattoo and possibly piercing my lip. And buying a leather, studded jacket. And steel-toed boots.

Yay new thread!!!!

VP when you read this, how's your hand after the burn? :hug:

Oh, it's good, thanks. I held an ice pack on it for a couple of hours, then put this sunburn lotion with aloe and a topical anesthetic on it before I went to bed, and by the next morning, it was almost gone. Only hurts a little now if I brush it against something.

It really was tiny though, just a thin line about a half inch long on my fingertip.

Must get motivated to go out and get groceries. :crack:

Thanks Wild. :hug:

I got all healthy stuff at the grocery store. :grumpy: I seem to have developed a really nasty chocolate/sugar addiction that I need to break. :sigh:

And it's gross out. 24C/75F, which isn't too bad, but it's so humid (feels like 30C/86F), it feels like you could cut the air with a knife. I think the problem is, I keep my house like a freezer all winter, so this feels *really* hot to me. Bleh.

Thanks Wild. :hug:

I got all healthy stuff at the grocery store. :grumpy: I seem to have developed a really nasty chocolate/sugar addiction that I need to break. :sigh:

And it's gross out. 24C/75F, which isn't too bad, but it's so humid (feels like 30C/86F), it feels like you could cut the air with a knife. I think the problem is, I keep my house like a freezer all winter, so this feels *really* hot to me. Bleh.

We vacuumed last night, so mom opened all the windows to cool the house down (that lil machine blows out so much hot air, it's ridiculous.) Yeah, so I wake up this morning....:crack:
And then we left em open all day.....sure there's been some nice cool breezes but it is disgustingly sticky. :bleh:

I'm glad the finger burn wasn't too tragic. :hug:

Bri!!!! :kiss:

OK, so this was my weekend:

Friday night-took my mom out for her 60th birthday to a local pub(her choice, she wanted to go there). Had dinner, watched karaoke, got insanely drunk. We were given 2 bottles of free wine. I get a call from my boss(while I'm plastered) asking if I wanna come in and work Saturday. I say sure. Go home, pass out in bed.

Saturday-wake up with extreme hangover and I go down to my former job to get my paycheck. My mom came with me. I go in and ask for my paycheck. The fucker doesn't even come out and gives the check to the hostess. :| Now he told me I had to come back because he needed to include this weeks wages. Um, they weren't there. I go back there, and tell him that. He's like, "Oh yeah, you can come back and get your check Monday with the rest of your wages." So I asked him that not only does he fire me, he makes me come down again to get my check and tells me that I'm going to have to make another trip? He said he'd be happy to mail it to me. :rolleyes: Before I left, I asked him to name specific reasons/incidents that led to me being fired. He said I just wasn't a team player. I said to him, "Why don't you call my boss at Outback and ask him what he thinks of me? Within 3 hours of you firing me, he hired me back. I'm working tonight. I must be a really bad team player then." He didn't know what to say to that. :lol:

I went to work. It was nowhere near as awkward as I thought it would be. I didn't tell anyone except my boss that I got fired. I just said things didn't work out. I don't need that shit getting around there. And he gave me his word he wouldn't tell anyone, not even my manager. :up: It was a good night back. But in Boston, there was a water main break that affected my town and the town I work in. So we couldn't serve water or ice to our guests due to possible contamination. This is still going on. It made for a fun first night back. :lol:

Friday night-took my mom out for her 60th birthday to a local pub(her choice, she wanted to go there). Had dinner, watched karaoke, got insanely drunk. We were given 2 bottles of free wine. I get a call from my boss(while I'm plastered) asking if I wanna come in and work Saturday. I say sure. Go home, pass out in bed.

Saturday-wake up with extreme hangover and I go down to my former job to get my paycheck. My mom came with me. I go in and ask for my paycheck. The fucker doesn't even come out and gives the check to the hostess. :| Now he told me I had to come back because he needed to include this weeks wages. Um, they weren't there. I go back there, and tell him that. He's like, "Oh yeah, you can come back and get your check Monday with the rest of your wages." So I asked him that not only does he fire me, he makes me come down again to get my check and tells me that I'm going to have to make another trip? He said he'd be happy to mail it to me. :rolleyes: Before I left, I asked him to name specific reasons/incidents that led to me being fired. He said I just wasn't a team player. I said to him, "Why don't you call my boss at Outback and ask him what he thinks of me? Within 3 hours of you firing me, he hired me back. I'm working tonight. I must be a really bad team player then." He didn't know what to say to that. :lol:

I went to work. It was nowhere near as awkward as I thought it would be. I didn't tell anyone except my boss that I got fired. I just said things didn't work out. I don't need that shit getting around there. And he gave me his word he wouldn't tell anyone, not even my manager. :up: It was a good night back. But in Boston, there was a water main break that affected my town and the town I work in. So we couldn't serve water or ice to our guests due to possible contamination. This is still going on. It made for a fun first night back. :lol:

Aww! Happy Birthday to your mom! :cute:
It sounds like you two had an awesome time....hangovers excluded. heh

And while I know you aren't entirely thrilled to be back at your old job, at least they value you there. And you have a boss who seems to have your back (heh, at Outback). Of course, there's nothing better than a resturant without water :happy: Sounds fun! lolz
At least it was exciting?

As for your old boss, I still maintain he needs to be confronted on that shit. It's just unacceptable...and that's fine if he wants to say you aren't a team player....as long as he can cite evidence of that fact. Otherwise, it's pure bull. He makes me so angry. :angry:

Oh hai! :kiss:

You're probably gone by now, and I won't be staying too much longer, I think. I've got to get to bed soon. Soooo tired. :yawn:

ETA - well hello! You actually ARE here! :lol: Yes pls on the back rub! :drool:

Ack - I just posted that I was leaving. :lol:

I'm doing pretty good, thanks. Had a crazy busy but awesome weekend. I do need to head to bed though, so I'm sorry I can't stay and chat. If I weren't so exhausted I totally would.

G'night! :hug:

:lol: Sounds like quite the eventful weekend Dg.
Glad going back to your old job wasn't awkward. Your boss there sounds like a good guy, not like your ex-boss :angry:

If anyone ever wants to truly torture me, just play every episode of Baby Looney Tunes. I'll tell you anything you want to know. There's something so awful about this show, it simultaneously gives me a migraine and makes me hate Warner Brothers so hard. Somewhere Chuck Jones and Friz Freleng are spinning in their graves.

Here's a fun fact: when you google "workplace discrimination" and "not a team player", you'll find posts, blog entries, and articles about competent workers who were fired based on some sort of discrimination. But, the reason given? Not a team player, lack of teamwork, etc.
:|

DG, sorry to hear about the water thing. A similar thing happened when we were in Galway. Our first night there we asked for water at a restaurant and they were like "Oh, nobody told you? Our water source has been contaminated." It was a good thing we hadn't drank any water or brushed our teeth in our hotel room yet.

Here's a fun fact: when you google "workplace discrimination" and "not a team player", you'll find posts, blog entries, and articles about competent workers who were fired based on some sort of discrimination. But, the reason given? Not a team player, lack of teamwork, etc.
:|

:happy:

It's probably one of the few reasons you can give that's hard to prove/disprove per se. And I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who wouldn't question it. But yeah, total bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom