PGP: Wishing Bono would lift those damn big hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took me forever last night - then everyone was gone. Serves me right for going apple picking.

I usually have the same kind of talent, to arrive when no one is there.

I was rockin out to the U2 Minneapolis show in my car this morning and now I'm in one of those "Omg I miss the boys so much" moods :sad:

:hug:

:sad:

And I actually have been very productive today!
I hope I can keep this up the whole year.

Domo, what year are you in? My friend's daughter wants to go to college for habitat architecture for zoos and rehabilitation centers.

Domo, what year are you in? My friend's daughter wants to go to college for habitat architecture for zoos and rehabilitation centers.

Mainly animal management atm. Which means the that you can do the office paperworks, licences , and all te basic and some important medical care.
My education is mainly focussed on small "normal pets" but I got bored I'm not interested in keeping those "professionally"
so I'm trying to specialize in husbandry for Zoo animals,Mainly Seamammals, and Saltwater Fish.
I might do another education called Eco&Wildlife that is only about exotic animals.

I've never heard of a specific education like that, yet very interesting!
But it sound like something I would love to do. Isn't it hard to earn something with it though ?
I don't think most European zoo's use that kind of services, but I might be wrong. I need to ask around for that.
Other continents might use it becuase they normally have bigger zoo's and more money to spend.

Finding something specific in for the future is hard. I can never ever decide.
I want to be everything! Rockstar, Tattoo artist, Teacher, Zookeeper ... Hell even a Buddhist would do :giggle:
I'm so jealous of Kristen , becuase she decided what she wants. :hug:

Ps. Your avi confuzes me becuase it looks like I posted this whole page, thank god for signatures.. and Sorry for the rant :giggle:

I think that's how Cori and I were for awhile. We confused everyone.

It's a very specific career. I mean, how do you come up with that at 16? And she's known she has wanted to do this for a few years. At 16, I wanted to be a rockstar and married to Bono. It hasn't changed much since then - except it may have morphed to writer/fitness trainer and...married to Bono.

And you can swallow
Or you can spit
You can throw it up
Or choke on it

Theyr been after you Plebans for 20 years :lol::wink:

Morning/afternoon/evening!

So I looked into collecting unemployment this morning. Turns out that I can apply, but since I got one lump sum of money in my severance package, and that I'm technically paid out until the end of the year, I wouldn't start getting the money from the government until January. It's basically pointless for me to apply for that, as I fully intend on having a job by then. But, at the same time, there are no guarantees. Blargh.

I'm hoping I'll get a call/email sometime early this week about the job I applied for a few weeks ago. They're starting the next step this week, so I would assume that would mean interviews. I'd really like to get an interview, but I haven't been on one in 7 years, so I'm woefully out of practice. :uhoh: I'm nervous just THINKING about all of that. :sigh: But, I shouldn't worry yet, since there's no guarantee that I'll even get an interview.

I think that's how Cori and I were for awhile. We confused everyone.

It's a very specific career. I mean, how do you come up with that at 16? And she's known she has wanted to do this for a few years. At 16, I wanted to be a rockstar and married to Bono. It hasn't changed much since then - except it may have morphed to writer/fitness trainer and...married to Bono.

:giggle: I'm on this path for long enough to stop me from changing now.

I guess you get pushed by schools so much these days to choose what you want to study earlier and earlier.
The fact that there are a gazzilion different educations right now instead of the 50 they had before, doesn't make it any easier.

From what I get from you she is very determined, so I think she is going to be great, as long as you have that kind of drive force ,
making it wont be a problem in the world of Zoo's, you just have to fight for a spot and get some luck.

Domo, don't be jealous of me :hug: It took me a long time to finally go for what I want.

Its a healthy kind of jealousy :hug: Its inspirational in a sense that I think I need to step up my game and make some things clear for people.

I'm not going to go all bitchy on you,
unless you ever run away with Edge, in front of my eyes.:wink:
But I don't think that is ever going to happen. I'll just throw out some Mullen bait.:larry:

So I looked into collecting unemployment this morning. Turns out that I can apply, but since I got one lump sum of money in my severance package, and that I'm technically paid out until the end of the year, I wouldn't start getting the money from the government until January. It's basically pointless for me to apply for that, as I fully intend on having a job by then. But, at the same time, there are no guarantees. Blargh.

I'm hoping I'll get a call/email sometime early this week about the job I applied for a few weeks ago. They're starting the next step this week, so I would assume that would mean interviews. I'd really like to get an interview, but I haven't been on one in 7 years, so I'm woefully out of practice. :uhoh: I'm nervous just THINKING about all of that. :sigh: But, I shouldn't worry yet, since there's no guarantee that I'll even get an interview.

Do you have friends that could help you interview? Make up some tough questions so you can get comfortable with body language and being succinct?

Do you have friends that could help you interview? Make up some tough questions so you can get comfortable with body language and being succinct?

The employment counsellor I'm seeing will definitely help with that, so I'm going to mention that at our appointment today. That's part of the services they provide. :up:

They have something like that here too. 2 years ago my school had lay-offs (I escaped narrowly). But they offered resume writing, interview skills and loads of other classes as part of the severance. Those laid off were also supposed to get priority for jobs posted as well.

Thora, here you have to apply fo it when you are jobless and not able to get it until later cause you get paid like you said. BUT here it´s like this, if you havent applied it the moment you were jobless they wont start paying you when you should be able to get it as you didnt apply for it earlier ie. didnt sign up for looking a job

Be very very carefull on those things ;) you could just sign in there anyway, that way you are actually applied if things go wrong later

Hope that made any sense :lol:

Yeah, if you've been in a job for ages, your interview and resume skills are going to be lacking, especially if you haven't applied for anything new in a long while.

I hurriedly edited the resume I used to get the first job I had with my last company (didn't have to give a resume or anything when moving into my other positions), so it wasn't a fantastic effort. It looked fine, but I know that with some work it will look even better. So I'm definitely going to make that a priority for our next few meetings. I definitely need to practice interviewing, AND I need to apply for more jobs. I'm starting to feel a bit panicked now about finding something.

Thora, here you have to apply fo it when you are jobless and not able to get it until later cause you get paid like you said. BUT here it´s like this, if you havent applied it the moment you were jobless they wont start paying you when you should be able to get it as you didnt apply for it earlier ie. didnt sign up for looking a job

Be very very carefull on those things ;) you could just sign in there anyway, that way you are actually applied if things go wrong later

Hope that made any sense :lol:

Yeah, I understood what you were getting at, and that's a good point. It probably wouldn't hurt to apply. If I get a job right away, that's awesome. If I don't, well, at least there will be some money coming in after my severance runs out at the end of the year.

I know all this cause been through it, at one point few years ago I had used 500 days which union pays and after that government pays for 300 days and after that I had to sign up to be unemployment office to look for a job so I could get unemployment money, BUT I had a job therefore wasnt looking a job, just had to do that cause they told me to and I was like WTF

signuo looking for a job while got one and aint looking for one to get money and couldnt even work cause been on sickleave for 7 years now :doh:

Hope things work out for you :hug:

Its a healthy kind of jealousy :hug: Its inspirational in a sense that I think I need to step up my game and make some things clear for people.

I'm not going to go all bitchy on you,
unless you ever run away with Edge, in front of my eyes.:wink:
But I don't think that is ever going to happen. I'll just throw out some Mullen bait.:larry:

Don't worry, you can have Edge as long as you're dangling that Mullen bait for me :sexywink:

Don't worry, you can have Edge as long as you're dangling that Mullen bait for me :sexywink:

I'll keep that in mind :hi5:

Oh god I'm watching the Voice (You guys now have that in the USA/Canada as well right?)
And there is this guy with a crazy ass high voice.
And when he started talking his voice was really know. It works on your funnybone.

Thanks. :hug: I know it will - everything always seems to work out when it's the right time. I just have to have a little more patience and trust, and I know things will be okay. I'm just on a little downswing of this emotional roller coaster right now. :lol: I'd been up for so long that I guess it was time for me to come crashing down for a bit. :wink:

I'll keep that in mind :hi5:

Oh god I'm watching the Voice (You guys now have that in the USA/Canada as well right?)
And there is this guy with a crazy ass high voice.
And when he started talking his voice was really know. It works on your funnybone.

We probably do, although I haven't heard of it. I avoid most reality shows like the plague (except for Amazing Race, because it's travel related). I've watched a few episodes here and there over the years of some of the singing ones (a friend of mine from high school was on Canadian Idol, and did really well), but those are just so painful to watch, especially when they have the horrid auditions. :huh:

:grumpy: My internet dies and Domo steals Bano? Pfsh! Not fair.

Bano?? :lol:

Thanks. :hug: I know it will - everything always seems to work out when it's the right time. I just have to have a little more patience and trust, and I know things will be okay. I'm just on a little downswing of this emotional roller coaster right now. :lol: I'd been up for so long that I guess it was time for me to come crashing down for a bit. :wink:

That's totally understandable :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom