PGP: Whistle While You Whizz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just remember though it is still January, it won't be warm in Death Valley. :wink:

will it be -20? Because that's probably what it will be in Minnesota when I leave! :( Anything above freezing will be a heat wave for me at that point. I used to run around Phoenix in shorts, a t shirt, and flip flops in the winter while my friends all wore jackets. :crack:

Yeah, everyone I've met from here has been super cool. Like you guys have said, it's a community here, so it's a lot different than meeting randoms. :lol:

Football's over (BC wins!), so I guess it's time for me to do my workout, since hockey starts up in an hour and a bit. :)

nope. You're just going to have to wait til you're old enough to meet with other internet weirdos that you've never met IRL, get to know them over a 1/2hour pancake breakfast and coffee, just long enough to assure yourself they're not serial killers and then hop in their car for the 3 hour drive out there with them. Like a normal person. :D

:wink:

:giggle:

I actually went on another trip with people from that site - two guys, and the three of us shared a hotel room. :lol: Had an amazing time.There was some very bizarre romantic triangle drama, which was nuts and funny and makes me laugh to this day, but I had so much fun. :lol:

Just realized how bad this could sound. It wasn't a weekend of threesomes. :yikes:

It was me, a straight guy and a bi guy. I knew the bi guy was bi, but the straight guy didn't know, despite them being good friends. The straight guy was interested in me. The bi guy was interested in the straight guy. The straight guy and I actually got together on that trip, but it didn't last that long after. We stayed friends, though. It wasn't till much later he discovered our third friend was bi, and interested in him. Months later, I receive this messaged from him saying "YOU KNEW?? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??" :lol: I was like "dude, I was put into a very awkward situation, what was I supposed to do??" I suspect that they may have hooked up after, but I don't know for sure.

Crazy. :crack:

It was great, but I am exhausted. We drive home from Minneapolis tomorrow. :crack:

And some young whippersnapper on one of my other fandom sites had the nerve to tell me "U2 were back in the early 2000s".

I literally can not handle that. Uh...sorry, honey. But U2 has been around since before EITHER of us was born and they just got handed a ton of awards for the 360 Tour, which was the biggest tour of ALL TIME. :lol::lol::lol:

Lil' CK just asked why U2 isn't at the AMAs.

I am so proud. :heart:

:cute:

And some young whippersnapper on one of my other fandom sites had the nerve to tell me "U2 were back in the early 2000s".

I literally can not handle that. Uh...sorry, honey. But U2 has been around since before EITHER of us was born and they just got handed a ton of awards for the 360 Tour, which was the biggest tour of ALL TIME. :lol::lol::lol:

FTW.

I still haven't told my parents that I've met a bunch of you. :lol: Well, I said I've met you through U2 concerts, which is true. :wink: They just don't know about this place. :lol: Even though my parents are cool, they're still FAR behind the times when it comes to the internet and so on, and would probably be a bit concerned about me meeting up with people I only knew online, even though I haven't lived at home since I was 18. :lol: :cute:

I don' remember what I've told my parents but yeah, I'm kinda the same way :lol: Being grown-ups, ftw :hi5:

never been there....it's next on my list of U2 sites to go to. I need a long drive through the desert this winter to break up the frozen hell I live in 5 months out of the year. :happy: My friends and I will be in the southwest area for a week. I think we're going to drive to Phoenix for 24 hours so I can visit the resort I used to work for and then hang out at Joshua Tree park for a day before going to see the tree. I've been to JT countless times, just never Death Valley. I cannot wait!!!!! :hyper:

If you're near Tucson, let me know!
I almost forgot you used to live here.

my very first U2 fan meeting from here was to the U2 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit in 2002. I drove 14 hours (with a friend) to meet two complete strangers from here. We were all worried that each of us were creepy old men and not the faces of the pictures we posted of ourselves online. Thankfully everyone was telling the truth! Three months later we all flew to the same place for a U2 convention where we would meet tons of other strangers and the rest is history. By the time the Vertigo tour rolled around my family didn't even question me anymore about who I was meeting and staying with. I don't even know how many people I've meet from this site at this point....

:up:

There's a special ceremony to honour Canadian Forces tonight at the hockey game, and they just played the Mission Impossible theme while one of them was rappelling from the roof. :up:

I can't remember the last awards show I watched... oh wait, I watched part of whatever show U2 did Boots on when it first came out.

MI theme :drool: (was it the Larry/Adam version?)

I can't remember the last awards show I watched... oh wait, I watched part of whatever show U2 did Boots on when it first came out.

MI theme :drool: (was it the Larry/Adam version?)

I generally always watch the TV/movies ones. I can't remember the last time I watched a music one. :lol: Maybe that Boots one.

You bet it was! :rockon:

I don' remember what I've told my parents but yeah, I'm kinda the same way :lol: Being grown-ups, ftw :hi5:

If you're near Tucson, let me know!
I almost forgot you used to live here.

:up:

I told my parents after the fact since I was driving to Cleveland with a friend from here. They knew I had friends online since I traded cds and stuff so I just showed them the pictures and said "oh by the way...met these two girls and now we're going to travel the world together!" And we did :) One of them doesn't hang out here anymore but she'll be with me in January.

And I won't be going that far south in AZ. I actually never made it too far out of Phx when I lived there, just to Sedona. Never went to Grand Canyon either. I worked 24/7 when I lived there. But anyways we really won't be in AZ that long. I just really need to see Camelback again. I lived and worked under the shadows of that mountain and I really, really miss it.

Correction on music today is crap: most music out in the open today is crap but by magical skills there's somewhat unknown good stuff out there sometimes. Which I've only really found out in the past year. Then again, I haven't gotten really into any "new" bands as much as I have into 'older' bands...but I guess that's preference.

Speaking of which, I need to stop getting so into bands. Someone on the radio dissed a band I liked and I stop drawing and think, 'I know where you guys are based... (long taxi ride to pick up concert tickets) I know where you live! that's not good'

:giggle: :no: :doh:

It's good and sucks all at once to like a band enough that everything bad said about that feels like it's a personal affront...

It's good and sucks all at once to like a band enough that everything bad said about that feels like it's a personal affront...

hmm... one time while I was driving, I accidentally cut someone off. They yelled out the window "U2 sucks!" and all I could think was "wow. really? That's the best you can come up with? and WHY on earth would I possibly give a rat's arse whether or not you approve of my taste in music."
My students will say similarly witty things to see if they can get a reaction out of me. But really... could not care less what others think of my music. :shrug: It's like hating someone because they don't like Matisse, or Gaugin.

The one thing I don't get is when people don't like Shakespeare "because it's hard to understand". If you ever saw a well produced Shakespeare play you wouldn't say that.

I used to get all bothered if someone talked smack about a band/singer I loved, but ... I dunno. I guess I got over it. :lol:

It was very freeing. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom