PGP: Whistle While You Whizz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not spam, googlebots indexing the forum pages on the google archives. :)

A bot is a bot. :wink:

I need to buy a new suitcase before my trip to Hawaii - my current carry-on sized suitcase is totally falling apart. The handles are all broken and one wheel has fallen off so it's not very easy to haul around. :lol:

Does anyone know of a good (but reasonably priced) place to buy luggage? Even places in the States are fine, since I'll be in Seattle next weekend, and could definitely buy a suitcase then. I'm sure there will be some good sales somewhere...

I accidentally bought a shirt I cannot fit into no matter hard I try :sad: (or rather, surprisingly, only the boobage can fit...still no good) I guess I'm gonna make hand warmers out of it. Grr.

However, I did find myself some flats for under $5 :D

Ok, I'm watching Food Network's Thanksgiving Live while looking for a recipe for squash. Anyway - all the chefs are saying to NOT cook the stuffing in the bird. They say it compromises the flavor of the bird and is a health risk.

Have we NOT be doing this for decades if not centuries? For those who are doing Thanksgiving (knowing we have BIG international group here) are you stuffing your bird?

I'm probably hours late, but yeah, I've heard that a lot for the past few years. I can't even imagine why it would compromise the flavour :huh: and as far as being a health risk, cook your damn turkey long enough, and it'll be fine. :lol: I'm paranoid about undercooked poultry, so I always use a meat thermometer anyway, takes the guesswork out of things, and you know it's safe. You can find the proper temperatures for white meat, dark meat and stuffing online.

We love stuffing, so we cook some in and some out, and then mix the two together, and what was in helps to moisten what was cooked outside.

Thora, I remember your turkey in a garbage can! I've heard of that too, bet it was amazing. And hilarious (not) cooking bag and raw stuffing stories. :lol:

I made a batch of sweet and sour meatballs from scratch this afternoon, and now I have a squash roasting in the oven, smells amazing in here. :drool:

Our Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October. I can't even imagine having it when the US does, having two major meals in a month, and dealing with all the family get-togethers being so close. :shudder: They do get a four day weekend though, we only get three, boo!

You should start having Thanksgiving, GG. Turn it into a Dutch thing. :wink:

We're thankful for being Dutch. Therefore we should eat Turkeys from now on. :yes:

:hmm: We need a day tho. Ah well, since we don't do halloween might as well take oct. 31st. :wink:

Family get togethers aren't my thing. Thank god we dont' have much family we get along with. There's now only my sister's boyfriendthat we're going to do christmas with, and he's nice, so that's cool. Wish we could have a turkey though. :drool: Sounds great all this stuffing talk.

Our Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October. I can't even imagine having it when the US does, having two major meals in a month, and dealing with all the family get-togethers being so close. :shudder: They do get a four day weekend though, we only get three, boo!

You should start having Thanksgiving, GG. Turn it into a Dutch thing. :wink:

:hug:

My family usually has a turkey roast, not an actual bird, with minimal side dishes (we're not big eaters). And for Christmas we have ham, again with minimal side dishes.

:drool: *loves ham*

We're thankful for being Dutch. Therefore we should eat Turkeys from now on. :yes:

:hmm: We need a day tho. Ah well, since we don't do halloween might as well take oct. 31st. :wink:

Family get togethers aren't my thing. Thank god we dont' have much family we get along with. There's now only my sister's boyfriendthat we're going to do christmas with, and he's nice, so that's cool. Wish we could have a turkey though. :drool: Sounds great all this stuffing talk.

:lol:

I hear ya about the family thing....

I normally watch only a few football games a year. But since there's nothing to do this afternoon and nothing decent on TV, I decided to turn on the football game, since my city's team is playing today. If they win, they go on to the final next weekend. Since I turned the TV on, BC has been kicking ass and is 20pts ahead. :lol: Maybe I'm a good luck charm! :wink:

Time to go to bed. Have to work the morning, and then I'm going to be a social friend and bring Domo her AB box. :crack: Not looking forward to the bloody 3 hour train ride tho.

I've already been there... twice. What's the occasion? And, I think there was talk about going out again this spring...

ARW will be in the area on Jan 28 and needed a tour guide to the tree. :flirt: So we're going. Anyone who wants to join us is invited.

I normally watch only a few football games a year. But since there's nothing to do this afternoon and nothing decent on TV, I decided to turn on the football game, since my city's team is playing today. If they win, they go on to the final next weekend. Since I turned the TV on, BC has been kicking ass and is 20pts ahead. :lol: Maybe I'm a good luck charm! :wink:

I'll be SO glad when the Grey Cup is over. :crack:

ARW will be in the area on Jan 28 and needed a tour guide to the tree. :flirt: So we're going. Anyone who wants to join us is invited.

Are Mr.C and the girls going to go again? Are you going to Zabriskie too? Just wondering since I don't think I can make it out then since that's usually the weekend of our regional theatre competition. But I know a couple people who were thinking of another trip in March/April... and aren't you going again in May with Mot?

MLS Championship game between LA Galaxy and Houston tonight. The whole family will watch together. The only sporting event besides a few olypmic events that we'll all three watch.

I'll be SO glad when the Grey Cup is over. :crack:

I think we've had to give away 60 or so trips to it this year, for various clients, and travel prizes are generally a bit more of a pain in the ass. Doing a few trips at a time isn't bad, but this many at once is nuts.

Holy crap, that's a LOT! :ohmy:

I watch just a few games per year - Grey Cup, Superbowl and the Apple Cup (game between 2 universities in WA), but since BC actually has a decent chance of being in the final, I decided to watch the western final. Hometown boys currently winning 33-9. Game's almost 3/4 over, so there's a good chance they're gonna win. This game has actually been a lot of fun to watch, which is surprising. :lol: Normally I find football pretty boring.

At least there's a hockey game for me to watch in a few hours. :lol:

:hmm: I wonder if I'll ever be able to persuade my family to drive 6+ hours to get me to the tree...

nope. You're just going to have to wait til you're old enough to meet with other internet weirdos that you've never met IRL, get to know them over a 1/2hour pancake breakfast and coffee, just long enough to assure yourself they're not serial killers and then hop in their car for the 3 hour drive out there with them. Like a normal person. :D

:wink:

nope. You're just going to have to wait til you're old enough to meet with other internet weirdos that you've never met IRL, get to know them over a 1/2hour pancake breakfast and coffee, just long enough to assure yourself they're not serial killers and then hop in their car for the 3 hour drive out there with them. Like a normal person. :D

:cute::love:

You forgot to mention 3 hour drive into the middle of nowhere, where no one can hear you scream. :evil:

Are Mr.C and the girls going to go again? Are you going to Zabriskie too? Just wondering since I don't think I can make it out then since that's usually the weekend of our regional theatre competition. But I know a couple people who were thinking of another trip in March/April... and aren't you going again in May with Mot?

Just Mr. C this time. And only to the tree and back as the Zabriskie detour is just too much and too far for a day trip. That road home was BRUTAL last time. :wink:

And yep, so far Mot has tentative plans for May. Man I'm going to be able to find that tree in my sleep. :crack: :lol:

:cute::love:

You forgot to mention 3 hour drive into the middle of nowhere, where no one can hear you scream. :evil:

:lol:

I remember my mom lecturing me about taking Sarah to meet/share rooms with people for the shows in '05. Because Wild, Jem, SG and Ruff were so scary and dangerous. :cute:

I still haven't told my parents that I've met a bunch of you. :lol: Well, I said I've met you through U2 concerts, which is true. :wink: They just don't know about this place. :lol: Even though my parents are cool, they're still FAR behind the times when it comes to the internet and so on, and would probably be a bit concerned about me meeting up with people I only knew online, even though I haven't lived at home since I was 18. :lol: :cute:

I've already been there... twice. What's the occasion? And, I think there was talk about going out again this spring...

never been there....it's next on my list of U2 sites to go to. I need a long drive through the desert this winter to break up the frozen hell I live in 5 months out of the year. :happy: My friends and I will be in the southwest area for a week. I think we're going to drive to Phoenix for 24 hours so I can visit the resort I used to work for and then hang out at Joshua Tree park for a day before going to see the tree. I've been to JT countless times, just never Death Valley. I cannot wait!!!!! :hyper:

I met people through a baseball site I was a member of in the late 90s. It was basically the same thing as here, except we were baseball fans, met up to go to games, and didn't have to line up for nearly as long. :wink: The first people I met through the site, I was still with my ex at the time, and he came with me. Just a few months after we split up, these friends from the site, this one married couple and a guy on his own (married though, devoted to his wife, but alone for the trip) came to Toronto to see a game and insisted I go with them. The were driving from Ohio, and came to pick me up at my house. I still remember my mom when they were picking me up. She was convinced that I'd be raped/murdered. :lol: I went with them and had the most amazing time ever, and came back safely a few days later. I haven't been in touch with any of them for ages, but I'll always remember that - it was during a very low point for me, and they were fantastic company and so, so nice.

You just have to use common sense. The website was a community, much like this one, and although I had not met any of them, I knew other people on the site that had, and all of those people only had amazing things to say about them, so I felt very safe going off on my own with them.

I actually went on another trip with people from that site - two guys, and the three of us shared a hotel room. :lol: Had an amazing time.There was some very bizarre romantic triangle drama, which was nuts and funny and makes me laugh to this day, but I had so much fun. :lol:

my very first U2 fan meeting from here was to the U2 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit in 2002. I drove 14 hours (with a friend) to meet two complete strangers from here. We were all worried that each of us were creepy old men and not the faces of the pictures we posted of ourselves online. Thankfully everyone was telling the truth! Three months later we all flew to the same place for a U2 convention where we would meet tons of other strangers and the rest is history. By the time the Vertigo tour rolled around my family didn't even question me anymore about who I was meeting and staying with. I don't even know how many people I've meet from this site at this point....

never been there....it's next on my list of U2 sites to go to. I need a long drive through the desert this winter to break up the frozen hell I live in 5 months out of the year. :happy: My friends and I will be in the southwest area for a week. I think we're going to drive to Phoenix for 24 hours so I can visit the resort I used to work for and then hang out at Joshua Tree park for a day before going to see the tree. I've been to JT countless times, just never Death Valley. I cannot wait!!!!! :hyper:

Just remember though it is still January, it won't be warm in Death Valley. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom