PGP - Wheat Kings and Pretty Things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Strangers :hug: :heart:

I know, I know, I'm the one who's never around anymore (To be totally fair, when I DO get a moment to check in, it's rare to find anyone here :sad: )

I just wanted to check in briefly and let you know all is well. I'm nearly full term and there are so many doctors appointments, breast-feeding classes, and various plans that need making I'm just busy and tired and so don't even get online most days.

My sisters house was foreclosed on (I don't know if any of those outside of the U.S. know about how big of a deal this is in America right now, but I doubt anyone in the States doesn't know, it's on the news every day - huge numbers of people are losing their homes because of financing issues) and so she and her boys have been here every day and needed help moving. They couldn't find a place in the school district so the boys are going to school from here for the rest of the year, staying some nights, travelling about 40 miles on the mornings they stay at home with their mom - - - anyway, I think you get the idea of how hectic life has been at the moment.

Things seem to be settling down now, at least finding some routine - and though the month of May will be BUSY, I'm hoping after school is out and the baby is born there will be a little calmer environment. Maybe when the baby is sleeping in her crib, I'll even have a chance to sit here next to her and chat with you gals again! (Fingers crossed!)

Anyway, hope all is well with you and to talk to you all again very soon! Love and miss you! :heart:

SG! :hug:

We've been hearing about that up here too - did your sister get caught in that lending thing? :(

We miss you too :heart:

(Maybe you can learn to type one-handed so we can see you while you're feeding her too :wink: :hug: )

Sad_Girl said:

I know, I know, I'm the one who's never around anymore (To be totally fair, when I DO get a moment to check in, it's rare to find anyone here :sad: )

I just wanted to check in briefly and let you know all is well. I'm nearly full term and there are so many doctors appointments, breast-feeding classes, and various plans that need making I'm just busy and tired and so don't even get online most days.

My sisters house was foreclosed on (I don't know if any of those outside of the U.S. know about how big of a deal this is in America right now, but I doubt anyone in the States doesn't know, it's on the news every day - huge numbers of people are losing their homes because of financing issues) and so she and her boys have been here every day and needed help moving. They couldn't find a place in the school district so the boys are going to school from here for the rest of the year, staying some nights, travelling about 40 miles on the mornings they stay at home with their mom - - - anyway, I think you get the idea of how hectic life has been at the moment.

Things seem to be settling down now, at least finding some routine - and though the month of May will be BUSY, I'm hoping after school is out and the baby is born there will be a little calmer environment. Maybe when the baby is sleeping in her crib, I'll even have a chance to sit here next to her and chat with you gals again! (Fingers crossed!)

Anyway, hope all is well with you and to talk to you all again very soon! Love and miss you! :heart:

SG! it's so good to hear from you. I can't believe you are almost full term already....time flies!! It sounds like things have been super hectic for you. I hope you're getting time to rest in between everything going on. :hug:

:wave: :wave:

trying to catch up as I work on my :heart: art.

i just caught a glimpse (as scrolling down) of what looks like a very unhappy situation with SG's sis :ohmy:...will be reading it further . :(

just caught up on that...
I'm very :( sorry for your sis, SG. :hug:

ALmost full term - wow- ohhh, yeah you are on the fast -track of preparations now!
Remember to take deep breath once in a while.

Miss you for sure, SG! :hug:S

In case I go through one of those 'not-here-too-much-at-art*study' weeks (hopefully NOT)
I'll send out my>>>>>

~**~Safe Delivery & Healthy, Happy L'il Girl Baby~**~
for you SG :heart: Mama!

now, so I don't miss out on the On-Time Good Wishes! :D :hug:

Last edited:
dianepm said:
I'm going alone....and I have been told many times (usually by my sister) that I'm wierd.

:no:
no, No.....NO!!!
Do NOT listen to your sis on this!!

Omg.... people still beleive this (is it possible) kind of crap about women (i ADMIT I'm ASSUMING that's why she thinks you are "weird" pov) in 2008 ?!!??!! :rant:

\\a semi-short brief on some of my travels through the decades//
First I traveled short vacations by train/stay in hotels (1- 2 overnites) with my sis, & a friend, and my sis & a cousin; when our parents first (a long time ago) started to let us travel by ourselves- around 16-17? We're talkin' decades back when parents in some ways were stricter.

Not too much later I started to do moderate travels on my own by train or bus (to Washington DC) . I also visited a friend in Georgia('75) when i was ?23 - after I'd built up enough (reccent post-college) money to travel further (East Coast cities) by Bus, and then by jet (as an adult) for the first time .

But my *Really Big :heart: Trips* ~SOLO~ came when I was 26 & 27 (2 summers in a row), when I had been :happy: able {and *LUCKY*} to have saved enough money both times to go, and return with money still in the bank at that time.

My trip to Geoargia to meet up with a friend was the first time i flew, into a storm (above/into Altanta)that left me :yikes: for years air travel after that, so I could NOT go to Europe, or anywhere else by plane at that point in 79/80.

But I had decided through a sudden series of influences/interstes/concerns, and confluences anyway to go acros the USA, and see some of the other Big Cities wanted to visit, and the *incrediable countryside * (The SouthWest Desert) I'd wanted to see since I was around 10 - 12ish!

The Train was a too expensive for what I wanted to to-- sooo I went by bus.
I got (back then) a 150$ ('79), then 200$ ('80) 2 weeks Bus Pass. Both times allowed me to get on & off the bus as many times as I wanted to in that period of time. In '80, I aded an extra day or 2 on ( probably had a special lowered rate for that as well) before my 2 week pass ran out.

I headed west, south/west. I met up with a friend (who was headed eastwards after being in California), and we traveled together to the Navajo & Hopi Nations Lands (north-eastern) Arizona (and a bit of Utah). Then he continued on his way, and I mine.
I visited my cousin staying in LA. THat was after I spent 2 1/2 days in San :heart: Fransisico by myself.

Then I ended up going back to the Hopi Nation (on Grayline) with a woman I had met on the bus. We had had a great conversation witheach other (parted comapny in LA), and by chance I re-met her on the line for the Bus heading 'eastward' from LA 2-3 days later! We stayed up half the night having another great conversation, and we decided to stay overnight in Flagstaf,f and go on this tour she recommended she'd gone beofre on.
We ended up bering friends for 15 years.:D
I also did so me other stuff asfter that as well, after we parted company).

Anyway~~ i had a 2nd Great Adventure in '80 as well!

All this is a way of showing you you CAN have a GREAT TIME by yourself!!!
You, also, possibly can have a balance as well depended on your situation of WHERE you do know people.

You can choose when to be with people IF you have people to visit in the location(s) you are heading to, and pretty much choose to be alone when you you want to as well.

WHen you are by yourself YOU are IN CHARGE of Where/How Long & What you WANT TO DO!

IF you are the kind of person who USAULLY is "easliy amused" (in the BEST SENSE of the phrase :yes:)-- like I am; have a lot of varied interests, and often like to talk with people around me, and the local people of a place-- travelling alone is great!

IF you aren't quite, or NOT like that-- it CAN BE a challenge; but it's often worth it! There were times I DID feel SHY etc., and nervous.

You can see I balanced it- when I had a chance to visit people I knew, and was lucky enough to meet some nice people on the bus & where ever I went, plus got a long-term friendship out of it as well.

***Hopes THIS makes you feel ***MUCH BETTER*** about your forth-coming trip, diane! :hug: :wave:
{and any of my much younger peeps contemplating their first :yippie: *Big Trip* at some future point!}

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

It's nice to hear from you again! :hug:

Hope everything turns out alright for your sister. It sucks knowing that the house is being foreclosed :hug:

I hope everything will be a bit calmer after the baby is born too :wink: :hug:

Just a quick post. I was at craigs slaving over the stove and cooking for him. :lol: Then i was chatting to kat when i got home, telling her the gossip. :ohmy:

SG posted. :heart: Must PM her tomorrow. :hug:

Hope everyone is good. :hug:

So anyone who remembers my Andy saga heres news for ya. ( My ex for those that don't know). My boyfriend was round at Andys 2nd now ex wife earlier( who andy has just got divorced from ) and and she said ....

"Andy has got married."

Craig was like :shocked:

The 2nd wife must have heard from andys first wife who shes friends with as noone else in town seems to know.

He doesn't hang about does he? I've seen him since he was away ( he got married in carribean ) and he didn't mention anything and craigs also seen him since and hes not said anything.

Ashamed of his new wife. :eyebrow:

Yesterday was the first time craig has even seen her and theyve been together for 18 months. They drove past in the car. No one had even seen her yet.

:lol:

I sound bitchy i guess im just suprised, but relieved its not me. :wink:

And his poor 7 and 8 year girls must be so confused. Daddy's on his 3rd marriage and theyve not even finished primary ( elementary school. ) :tsk:

Last edited:
hello, everyone.

good to hear from you, SG, dazz and jem.

SG, I'm the one who's never around anymore. :sigh:

The bad: My job's been stressing me out. :crazy:

The bad news: I just found out my s-i-l has been diagnosed with MS. :(

The good (because dammit, something has to be good): I'm going to a wedding in another week and a half. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom