PGP: What's Up With Broccoli?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carry on, talk amongst yourselves, I'm just going to have a seat over on the left side of this photo...

33627_491794358664_501608664_6650846_5077551_n.jpg

So nice of Edge to use his hands to save my place until I got there!

Jem.........it must be a northern thing (I`m from Yorkshire originally!).

We hate broccoli, we drink tea and whiskey and buttercup syrup:lol:

My parents and grand parents used to swear by a tot of whiskey in tea to cure virtually everything!

I think the NHS is exempt from the european working time directive......some sort of emergency clause! You get used to long shifts..........eventually!

I`ll bring you a bit of cake next time we meet up.........:hug:

I swear by codeine......its a great drug, just don`t overdo it.

I think the NHS is exempt from the european working time directive......some sort of emergency clause! You get used to long shifts..........eventually!

I`ll bring you a bit of cake next time we meet up.........:hug:
Eep. I don't think I could ever get used to that. I'd be dead within a week! You're a very strong woman!

:hi5: That's a deal. :D

Re: Vegetables.
I do not like broccoli one bit unless it's in broccoli beef, which I had for breakfast. :love:

Oh, and I just had a Bono sneak attack while watching a terrifying video featuring a character I never noticed was creepy when I was a kid. It was totally random. :lol:

:tsk: How dare you! This demands new kitty shots to make up with me.

It's been a while, hasn't it? :reject: I'll try to remember this weekend, when Sarah's home.

Carry on, talk amongst yourselves, I'm just going to have a seat over on the left side of this photo...

33627_491794358664_501608664_6650846_5077551_n.jpg

So nice of Edge to use his hands to save my place until I got there!

Mmmmmm.

Ok, I feel like a HUGE idiot for just now noticing this, but does Bono not wear a ring??

He's worn a pinkie ring for years, but I can't quite tell if he's got it on in that pic.

It's been a while, hasn't it? :reject: I'll try to remember this weekend, when Sarah's home.

Mmmmmm.

He's worn a pinkie ring for years, but I can't quite tell if he's got it on in that pic.

:yes: Been faaaaaar too long! Us fans need regular updates!

If you enlarge the pic it is slightly visible. :)

All I can remember is that he had very soft cold hands and the smell of booze.....which I thought was the guy next to me until Edge had gone and the smell also went and the other guy was still there.........:hmm:

Someone said the band had a big party the night before s maybe it was just the fumes lingering as he seemed perfectly fine during the show that night :lol:

I really wanted Larry but he was staying at a different hotel and I gave up the chance of seeing him to go to the others hotel but I guess it was worth it :hmm:

Wow, wonderful and lucky that you got to meet The Edge :) So awesome :applaud:and he pecked your cheek? this is sooo sweet:heart:! At least you've got something different to remember than just a signature on a paper :)
maybe when they've had a bit booze the night before, they are more generous towards their fans than they normally would be :hmm:
hope i get to meet him too someday! i'd surely be having a trouble of letting him go:love:
I'm sure you will get Larry another time!! he rarely shows himself, but when he does, it will be totally worth it!

well, in Helsinki i could have maybe had a chance to see them. I later learned I was like walking in a next street of their hotel on the time they came out of the hotel, but I didn't know to suspect anything :doh: but then again, I maybe wouldn't have got myself a perfectly good spot near the catwalk if I would have known it..

gosh, talking of myself is like the hardest task ever. so a few basics maybe? hmm.. let's see, i'm 25, living in Estonia (which means bed time for me soon, it's midnight here already). Going to the university + working. Otherwise interested in animal conservation and environmental issues : )

And yep, had my lucky pleasure to finally see u2 live this year. I've always loved them as long as I remember myself and always wanted to see them live (but of course you always wait for the band to come closer to you). So when they hit Helsinki, I was there (night 1 only - stupid me :doh :, should've been there for the second one as well). :heart :it, was near the catwalk, so my emotions were especially high. And after finally seeing them live after such a long wait, I instantly wanted more. So saw them in Sevilla too last week : ) where I screamed my lungs out and returned with a cold...

Oooh someone else in European timezones. :) :up: Animals. :love:

Yay for seeing them in 2 places this year. :up: You will never forget. :hug::love:

Glad you had such an amazing time. They are addicitive. :heart::hug:

Ah ha! I see the ring now. Can't believe I never noticed!

I'm listening to a Zoo bootleg from Leeds, and B just said "Some things shouldn't be too comfortable, should they?" :hmm:
*snerk*

:ohmy: don`t blame me for your hangover...........people can`t drive after eating my xmas cake!

Heh, oh don't worry about that. I have quite the high alcohol tolerance. It's so bad that I've never actually been drunk.

He really was all snuggled in to you. :drool:

The camera probably saved me some embarrassment that day. His expression would have said "why is this crazy woman clinging to me?? Heeeelllllppp!! Sampson, do your job!" :reject :

:memories:

Not at all. :angry: He looked very engaged while talking to you about the pic Sarah bought you. :kiss:

:hmm : I can`t decide. Need more research...........:evil :

Hard work for you eh?!!! :sexywink:

I`ve checked the holiday diary at work and I could have time off in July..........there`s only the problem of lack of tickets, hotel details etc. If you hear of anyone with spare tickets I might fancy a trip to Chicago, Montreal, Toroto, Philly, New York, Minneapolis! :hyper :

Montreal tix were still available a while ago. :hmm: Might still be GA's. YOu can keep an eye out in the tour forum in want/have section for the others. Should be an epic trip.

Book the time off. :evil: :shifty:

IRRITATING WORK IS IRRITATING. :scream:

I can haz lottery prize now, plz?

I now return you to your far more pleasant pic spamming and drunk talk. :)

:lol : Washing tea down with whiskey? Interesting combination.

Ah, that's good then. Though why was he so rude?

Don't know that one, but the taste isn't a problem with me. :reject : I love the taste of cough syrup, always have. As a kid I was super happy to get a cough cause it meant I'd get to taste the yummy stuff again.

Well, we could bungeejump in New Zealand. :shifty : That's where Bono did it.. nekkid.

:lmao: Tea as in dinner/evening meal, not the drink. :lol:

As he was an ass. He hadn't validated the call ( answered enough security questions. ). People seem to think we can just give them any info without validating who they are. :rolleyes:

I love cough medicines too. :hi5: Calpol was my fave medicine as a kid and this antibiotic that had a banana flavour. :drool:

Could we do it with Bono? :hi5::drool: I'd love to go to NZ. :love:

I usually try buttercup syrup.........yes I know :lol : but it often works :hug :

I`m running on plenty of whiskey tonight as working a double shift tomorrow (745am - 1am followed by on call till 8am......yes 24 hours work to you students!). Roll on my retirement in 9 years...nurses get to retire early as we`re worn out :huh :

Buttercup syrup. :love:

:hug: I don't know how you work those hours. :yikes: :kiss:

Whiskey/JD. :love:

Aww. It was a pretty good one. You'll have to PM me once you've watched it, so we can chat about the episodes. : D

Guh needs now. :combust: Will do. :kiss:

*snerk*

Heh, oh don't worry about that. I have quite the high alcohol tolerance. It's so bad that I've never actually been drunk.

:hmm: Yes I`ve heard about you dutch people. I work with an anaesthetist from Holland and she`s all right :up: She liked the chocs I brought back .......said they were proper Belgium chocs!

Oh :doh: I forgot that for a second. Still confusing as hell that you guys call dinner tea! :lol:

:lol: Oh so it was his own fault that he didn't get what he wanted and then got mad? What a baby!

Antibiotics with banana flavours? :ohmy: Sounds interesting!

Uh. Did you just seriously ask if we could do it with Bono? Do you even need to ask? :wink:

:hmm: Yes I`ve heard about you dutch people. I work with an anaesthetist from Holland and she`s all right :up: She liked the chocs I brought back .......said they were proper Belgium chocs!

:lol: I read crocs there for a sec, I was like EW! But Belgian chocolates are good. :drool: I remember you told me about your coworker yes!

:lmao: Tea as in dinner/evening meal, not the drink. :lol:

As he was an ass. He hadn't validated the call ( answered enough security questions. ). People seem to think we can just give them any info without validating who they are. :rolleyes:

I love cough medicines too. :hi5: Calpol was my fave medicine as a kid and this antibiotic that had a banana flavour. :drool:

My fav was gripe water......the old alcoholic stuff..................see its all my mothers fault

ok, girls - I'm officially off to sleep now! It's been really nice chatting here :)
and inspired by all the spanks, I just might investigate a bit of video material tomarrow, if I need a good break from work. And can we send Larry a message and order a spank for The Edge by Friday?
Good night!! :wave:
edgedance.gif

Back
Top Bottom