PGP: What's Up With Broccoli?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have nothing to put up against your stories, but I can only tell that the uncool name Sting (oops, I mean The Itch) gives a strong handshake :)

story plz. I had a Sting AlmostEncounter in college once but a security guard put a stop to it. :angry:

I was a little disappointed in the first few pages of the thread. There wasn't a single pervy comment or hawt pic. :shame:

VP, what exactly would fantastically hot guy socks look like? As long as they're not black. I hate black socks.

<Did Zu just say please post that green balloon pic? >

bonohappyrainmoscowball.jpg

:faint:Details, please? newbie here...
Lucky you!!

I went to the bands hotel in Brussels and got stuck in the crowd - about 400 people by the time GG and Domo and I got there. Couldn`t see a thing esp when Bono, Edge and Adam came out so I just walked down the side street with the aim of giving up it was hopeless. However I didn`t realise that Edge and Bono went opposite ways and the crowd would follow Bono so I actually ended up on the rail :ohmy: Got a few pix of Adam, then Edge came my way :hyper: I had nothing to sign as I wasn`t expecting it, neither did any of the people near me so Edge`s bodyguard (Darren?) told us to snap away and take pix. When Edge was in front of me I just offered my hand to shake his hand - he actually just held it and leaned forward and gave me a peck on my left cheek :drool:

He then posed for a pix for me and god I actually managed to focus and get a decent pix

IMG_1572.jpg

All I can remember is that he had very soft cold hands and the smell of booze.....which I thought was the guy next to me until Edge had gone and the smell also went and the other guy was still there.........:hmm:

Someone said the band had a big party the night before s maybe it was just the fumes lingering as he seemed perfectly fine during the show that night :lol:

I really wanted Larry but he was staying at a different hotel and I gave up the chance of seeing him to go to the others hotel but I guess it was worth it :hmm:

So Edgetarian. Tell us a bit about yourself. :shifty: We obviously know you only eat Edge. :silent::giggle:Where do you live? You work go to school? Seen a U2 show?

:hug:

gosh, talking of myself is like the hardest task ever. so a few basics maybe? hmm.. let's see, i'm 25, living in Estonia (which means bed time for me soon, it's midnight here already). Going to the university + working. Otherwise interested in animal conservation and environmental issues :)

And yep, had my lucky pleasure to finally see u2 live this year. I've always loved them as long as I remember myself and always wanted to see them live (but of course you always wait for the band to come closer to you). So when they hit Helsinki, I was there (night 1 only - stupid me :doh:, should've been there for the second one as well). :heart:it, was near the catwalk, so my emotions were especially high. And after finally seeing them live after such a long wait, I instantly wanted more. So saw them in Sevilla too last week :) where I screamed my lungs out and returned with a cold...

GG. :flirt: How are you today?

Fixed. :sexywink::wink:

I was like mmmmmmm snuggle. :combust:I didn't realise at time how much he'd yanked me in toward him. My face is facing the camera but my body is pressed almost against his. :lmao::drool:

:sad: We will get you another. I love the one where he'd talking to you though. :love:

He really was all snuggled in to you. :drool:

The camera probably saved me some embarrassment that day. His expression would have said "why is this crazy woman clinging to me?? Heeeelllllppp!! Sampson, do your job!" :reject:

VP, what exactly would fantastically hot guy socks look like? As long as they're not black. I hate black socks.

I really don't know. Just...not dorky?

I have never heard of anyone hating black socks. :lol;

Here's another clip of him performing the song elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR6y71x3tSY

In the full sketch, he's this bullshit rock and roll guy playing demos for A&R reps, and he's clearly pulling it out of his ass as he goes. :lol:

He had an HBO special in 1995 my friend and I used to watch all the time - god, it was sooooo awesome.

Here's another clip of him performing the song elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR6y71x3tSY

In the full sketch, he's this bullshit rock and roll guy playing demos for A&R reps, and he's clearly pulling it out of his ass as he goes. :lol:

He had an HBO special in 1995 my friend and I used to watch all the time - god, it was sooooo awesome.

:laugh: Oh my god, that's awesome! Love it!!

He really was all snuggled in to you. :drool:

The camera probably saved me some embarrassment that day. His expression would have said "why is this crazy woman clinging to me?? Heeeelllllppp!! Sampson, do your job!" :reject:

I really don't know. Just...not dorky?

I have never heard of anyone hating black socks. :lol;

I know. It's very strange. I really don't like seeing people's feet in black socks. The only time I wear them is with black pants and black shoes. If I have boots on I usually put silly socks with monkeys or something on.

Gotta go to my dept. meeting. And I expect you all to do some serious perving while I'm gone, you hear?! :wave:

:

Am ok. Work sucked. Abuse down the phone from customers. :crack::lol: Aaaah well hump day today. Nearly weekend and Euromillions draw. If I win its Mexiicooooooooooo time. :hyper::hyper::love:

I`ve checked the holiday diary at work and I could have time off in July..........there`s only the problem of lack of tickets, hotel details etc. If you hear of anyone with spare tickets I might fancy a trip to Chicago, Montreal, Toroto, Philly, New York, Minneapolis! :hyper:

Please excuse the Hulu link instead of embedding, because SNL stuff isn't usually on YouTube.

This must be posted in this thread. :heart : :heart :

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Derek Stevens Chopping Broccoli

You can't watch this outside the US. :(

:tongue : Wash it down with a whiskey?

I'll get some coughing syrup tomorrow, that should speed up the healing process. Shame I can't get it with Codein here, that shit is trippy!

Glad you're back to health! Shame work sucked tho. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just shout back at your customers? :wink : Tell them off for being rude. Heh, this sunday is our lottery draw as well. I've been told that my ticket will win the grande 10-10-10 prize. :yes : I'm taking you all to Oz then.

I'm washing my tea down with whiskey. :drool:

You can terminate the call under certain circumstances. This guy was rude but not bad enough I could have terminated the call. :angry: I'd LOVE to shout back at the rude ones. :love:

Cough syrup. :hi5: Hope it works. My fave is buttercup Syrup. Tastes so nice. :drool:

Oz. :ohmy: Can you Bungee jump there? :hmm: Beaches. Sun. Ocean. ( Though not very deep - sharks :yikes: ). Count me in. :shifty:

story plz. I had a Sting AlmostEncounter in college once but a security guard put a stop to it. :angry:
nothing big exactly - Sting had his second concert in here (Estonia, I mean) and also presented his book "Broken Music" here, so I went to the booksigning. Luckily i was there early enough (lines got quite big afterwards)! We shook hands and exchanged a few quick politenesses and he signed my book :) would have loved to chat a bit or something, but our securities are assholes and made you move away as quickly as possible.
But Sting genuinely seemed interested in people he was signing his books to (his eyes really pierced right through you with interest) which I found :up: SOrry that your experience was ruined by the security, as I said, they mostly suck!
and, of course, i have to make a small commercial to his son's Joe's band, The Fiction Plane, as well! Like them a lot!

as long as the socks are not in sandals when it comes to men... unsexiest thing!

Hey GG :w ave: I forgot to say hi when you came in. :reje ct:

Edgetarian, glad you got to see them again! : )
:tsk: How dare you! This demands new kitty shots to make up with me.

You can't watch this outside the US. : (

I'm washing my tea down with whiskey. : drool:

You can terminate the call under certain circumstances. This guy was rude but not bad enough I could have terminated the call. :ang ry: I'd LOVE to shout back at the rude ones. :love:

Cough syrup. :hi5: Hope it works. My fave is buttercup Syrup. Tastes so nice. :drool:

Oz. :ohmy: Can you Bungee jump there? :hmm: Beaches. Sun. Ocean. ( Though not very deep - sharks :yikes: ). Count me in. :shifty:

:lol: Washing tea down with whiskey? Interesting combination.

Ah, that's good then. Though why was he so rude?

Don't know that one, but the taste isn't a problem with me. :reject: I love the taste of cough syrup, always have. As a kid I was super happy to get a cough cause it meant I'd get to taste the yummy stuff again.

Well, we could bungeejump in New Zealand. :shifty: That's where Bono did it.. nekkid.

What up bro!:hi5:

:tongue: Wash it down iwth a whiskey?

I'll get some coughing syrup tomorrow, that should speed up the healing process. Shame I can't get it with Codein here, that shit is trippy!

Glad you're back to health! Shame work sucked tho. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just shout back at your customers? :wink: Tell them off for being rude. Heh, this sunday is our lottery draw as well. I've been told that my ticket will win the grande 10-10-10 prize. :yes: I'm taking you all to Oz then.

Pholcodeine is great cough medicine...cheap and available without prescription here in UK - though you can get a stronger version on prescription. I usually try buttercup syrup.........yes I know :lol: but it often works :hug:

If all else fails....port and brandy..........or my xmas cake :drunk:

I`m running on plenty of whiskey tonight as working a double shift tomorrow (745am - 1am followed by on call till 8am......yes 24 hours work to you students!). Roll on my retirement in 9 years...nurses get to retire early as we`re worn out :huh:

Pholcodeine is great cough medicine...cheap and available without prescription here in UK - though you can get a stronger version on prescription. I usually try buttercup syrup.........yes I know :lol: but it often works :hug:

If all else fails....port and brandy..........or my xmas cake :drunk:

I`m running on plenty of whiskey tonight as working a double shift tomorrow (745am - 1am followed by on call till 8am......yes 24 hours work to you students!). Roll on my retirement in 9 years...nurses get to retire early as we`re worn out :huh:

Here you can get NOTHING with Codeine in it without a doctor's prescription. :grumpy: Boooriiiiing!
I'll go with some Jameson or Baileys I guess. :hmm:

That xmas cake of yours I really oughta try some day. :yes:

:yikes: Wut the bloody? Is that even allowed? How do you survive days like that?

Back
Top Bottom