PGP: What time is it in the world? Mandatory spanking time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh really? Pffsh.

Gramma is here to see his little Gg :flirt:

bonogram.jpg

I was just watching some of Slane :love:

I :heart: AOH from that dvd.

That's a great one! :D

Wild so sorry you couldn't make it. : sad:: hug:

Me and Anji did pervy talk for you though. : shifty::sexywink::wink:

Those pics. :combust:

Must get to bed. Got to be up by 4.30am. :crack::|

The things we do for U2. :wink::lol:

Glad you're having fun!

Hey guys....first time poster in here. I keep denying my fangirl feelings, but I am coming out of the closet. I think it is all of the mind blowing leather photos coming from the tour photo thread and the lap dance and fan girl video from SNL at the beginning of this thread...workers! I forgot about that!

Stats on me: 30 something SoCal girl. I am trying to decide if I want to brave the GA experience again next year. My first post here was after a crazy GA experience during the Elevation tour....drunk pushy people and a girl directly in front of me that got picked by Bono during his dry humping on stage phase....(what happened to all of those old posts BTW? Great photos lost:-(....)

I get what you are all saying about wanting to physically touch and look at the music and liner notes...I am the same way....I use them as a back up to my I-pod and phone music......

Welcome to the insanity! :wink:

Sorry you had a sucky experience. I've never done GA before (always had seats), but am doing GA for the first time next year. I'm sure the others will have good advice on that. :)

I'm with you guys. I have all my albums and cd's and everything. I need to be able to physically touch and hold my music. Maybe partly because I'm old though too, and albums on vinyl was ALL we had.
Well and 8-tracks. :lol: I never bought those though, I had a few. I :heart:ed my big delicious vinyl albums. :drool:

I also think (but not sure) that those perople who parlty or totally learn better by "doing"(knietic) vs reading or hearing lessons/instructions ...... have a thing for "things"/physical objects.

also the reason getting an e-book reader is not high on my list, or even on my list for that matter! I love tohave and hold my books!

WHen i had a big move i had to get rid about ?250 vinyl albums :sad::sad (smaller space). My sis let me store like 10 records (vinyl) but I was also able to keep around 40 singles at her house too.

The only reason i had "only" 250 was because i have several Major interests (besides also liking to eat out), that divided my $$ fo doling out!:D Plus 1 major recession took big chuncks out of my income for 2 plus years.

The only extra big 12" vynil Single I have is "Silver & Gold" U2 single.

But I also have my7" IWF/OOC, bought at that time (1981)!:heart::heart:

Oh my GOD, where/when is that picture from? That is too funny.
:sad: It's a bad bad black and white photo from the vertigo tour's third leg. I think it was in Canada, could've been US too though.

It was baldy or gramma. I went for the big guns. sorry :tongue:

:sad: At least Baldy I expected! THIS I did not expect. And I cannot handle granny!!!!!!

It doesn't look nearly as bad in color, which is funny.

God, I'm so glad he cut his hair. I'm sure I was all :drool: about him back during that time, but when I watch the videos now, I am often thinking otherwise.

Sorry, Bono. :hug:

God, I'm so glad he cut his hair. I'm sure I was all :drool: about him back during that time, but when I watch the videos now, I am often thinking otherwise.

I'm glad he cut it too. I was never a fan of it at that length. Larry's either. :huh: Shorter is better! :up: Although I must say that Bono's hair during the JT era was pretty fabulous. That's pretty much the exception, though. :D

Sorry you had a sucky experience. I've never done GA before (always had seats), but am doing GA for the first time next year. I'm sure the others will have good advice on that. :)

It was not completely bad....being that close was breath taking....but I may be getting too old ( boo). I am on a fit for u2 healthy living plan and want to get in better shape so that I can handle the stress and pain that comes along with a U2 GA ticket.....is that crazy?

I'm from the era of casette tapes. Still should have cases full of those somewhere!:wink:

I have a whole bunch of those too!
I need a new :grumpy: walkman player.... the one I have the earphone jack went bad .....

When a frind of mind gave me her brothers old casste recorder- a nice one- I used to make my own mixed tapes! Then when my mom gave me the boom box her cousing gave her, when she moved into the nuring home-- I taped more stuff off of that9 till the cassette functions stopped working in the mid '00s :(

some where IF it made the move with me....I taped the Live Debut of ATYCLB when U2 played Irving Plaza in late 2000?:drool::drool:

And do you remember the excitement when the photos of his new haircut showed up?! :laugh: Man, were people ever happy about that! :lol:

It was not completely bad....being that close was breath taking....but I may be getting too old ( boo). I am on a fit for u2 healthy living plan and want to get in better shape so that I can handle the stress and pain that comes along with a U2 GA ticket.....is that crazy?

Nothing wrong with that at all! :)

GA stresses me out, too. Mostly just the thought of all the "what ifs" based mostly on a lot of the horror stories I've heard about drama and problems. :lol:

What if it's a total clusterfuck? What if there are 8 other secret lines going on? What if the line organizer reserved spots for 100 of their friends? What if everyone in front of me pulls that "oh, 10 of my friends are coming later" bullshit?

*phew* Sorry, I'll move on. :crazy:

Partly it stresses me out because I'm too much of a control freak to *maybe* get there early enough to *maybe* be in the front row or right on the outer rail. And *maybe* I won't have to pee 500 times while I'm in my place. :reject:

It's easier to just decide I'm going to enjoy being in the back and waltz in at 6:00 to snag a great spot.

BUT

That being said, I am determined to do the line and get as close as possible (still waffling on front row or outer rail) for at least one of the shows next summer. Because I might hate myself if for whatever reason I don't get to see them from GA again after next year.

And do you remember the excitement when the photos of his new haircut showed up?! :laugh: Man, were people ever happy about that! :lol:

Nothing wrong with that at all! :)

I was the first one to see it and comment in the thread that day after BonaVox posted her pic. I freeeaked. LOL I have that page bookmarked because it cracks me up. The haircut heard round the world. :lol:

Exactly the same here! :lol: I was so fangirly over him but now when I look back the long hair is horrific. Makes him look SO old.

I've always preferred the Pop chop so I'm glad he's back to short now!

I was the first one to see it and comment in the thread that day after BonaVox posted her pic. I freeeaked. LOL I have that page bookmarked because it cracks me up. The haircut heard round the world. :lol:

It was a good day. April 2006 wasn't it? :shifty: Not that I remember it like yesterday or anything.

Are we talking about Bono Vertigo hair? Ugh....yeah, not a fan. Not sure why..maybe it was the hair product or something. JT hair looked free flowing and beautiful.......the medium length he has now is nice. Not too long, not too short...

It looked okay a little further on into the tour, but at the start of the promo tours and stuff, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, it was very :yikes: (And when I met him, his hair was not good. Not that I really cared. But I notice now in the picture! :wink: )

It looked to me like he was trying very hard to hold on to his younger image or something. That's obviously just a huge assumption, but man ... it really did not work. It made him look older.

:love: I used to keep a record of all the books I'd ever read too, but I lost it during one of my moves. :angry:

I do have spreadsheets of all the books and movies I own, since I lend those out fairly often to family and friends, and don't want to lose track of them.
I don't know if I'd have the patience to catalogue all my music. :lol:

that's smart! :up:

:giggle: I never made a list of my books or music.

I did ( AND :pray: it made the move ) kept a list of who Isaw and where/when music wise at least until/through the 80's early 90's!

since i starteed out seeing bands in mid-60's by the time i stopped keeping track on that list i had about 230 shows and around ?280+ performers! I only6 slowed down because of $$ issues. :( ah well.....

GA stresses me out, too. Mostly just the thought of all the "what ifs" based mostly on a lot of the horror stories I've heard about drama and problems. :lol:

What if it's a total clusterfuck? What if there are 8 other secret lines going on? What if the line organizer reserved spots for 100 of their friends? What if everyone in front of me pulls that "oh, 10 of my friends are coming later" bullshit?

*phew* Sorry, I'll move on. :crazy:

Partly it stresses me out because I'm too much of a control freak to *maybe* get there early enough to *maybe* be in the front row or right on the outer rail. And *maybe* I won't have to pee 500 times while I'm in my place. :reject:

It's easier to just decide I'm going to enjoy being in the back and waltz in at 6:00 to snag a great spot.

BUT

That being said, I am determined to do the line and get as close as possible (still waffling on front row or outer rail) for at least one of the shows next summer. Because I might hate myself if for whatever reason I don't get to see them from GA again after next year.
Yes, everything you said!

Are we talking about Bono Vertigo hair? Ugh....yeah, not a fan. Not sure why..maybe it was the hair product or something. JT hair looked free flowing and beautiful.......the medium length he has now is nice. Not too long, not too short...

Yeah, the granny grease cut. :wink: JT it wasn't this greasy and still suited his face.

I think he was just so used to it being long he probably didn't really think about it, til one day he probably just went holy shit I need a haircut. :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom