PGP: What time is it in the world? Mandatory spanking time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way guys, we totally forgot to add this to the thread. It's mandatory!

70829088.gif

19016432.gif

larryfondlingadamgif.gif

:lol: :love:

These gifs make me giggle. I love it! :D

Yeah, I like the convenience of MP3s for computers and iPods, but I love having my physical collection. I know a lot of music nuts who have either gotten rid of their physical CDs/records (or put them in storage), while just having everything on computers and backed up.

Never! I love looking at my CDs. :reject: I'm out of room in my CD racks, though. I need another, but don't know where to put it and would have to buy one that won't macth the others, because the store where I got the others no longer carries that model! :scream:

My box sets and DVDs are on a bookshelf right now, but eventually I'll get around to getting more organized about them. My books are all out of whack as I sort through THAT collection, so once it's more organized, I can try and find a permanent place for the box sets/DVDs.

:uhoh: I'm as pedantic with my cds/dvds as I am with spelling/grammar. Everything is sorted on type, cd dvd or game, and then alphabetically. With Cds it's on artist, and then chronologically from left to right old to new. Except with U2, that's right to left as the only space I have left is on the left so I have to expand new stuff there.
:wink: Yeah, I'm confusing myself while writing that.

:) I get what you mean with the physical thing, and just watching them sometimes.

My CDs are alphabetical by artist - I think I'd drive myself crazy trying to organize them by type of music.

I'd lose days trying to figure out if Artist X belongs in Rock or Pop, or if I should even bother having separate sections for Rock and Pop, and who's to say what's Rock and what's Pop anyway, and ... and ..... *explode*

So yeah. Alphabetical is good. I know how to find everything quickly. :wink:

I'm with you guys. I have all my albums and cd's and everything. I need to be able to physically touch and hold my music. Maybe partly because I'm old though too, and albums on vinyl was ALL we had.
Well and 8-tracks. :lol: I never bought those though, I had a few. I :heart:ed my big delicious vinyl albums. :drool:

Ours are organized alpha by artists too, with the ones we really like in the living room and the others in the spare room (the music room, guitars, records, etc). When I was a kid I'd sort my books by height. Then I learned to alphabetize and ever since they've been that way. Books are by category, too (theatre, classic lit, fluffy lit, children's lit, politics, music, sports, etc)

And if I know I"m gonna love the album I'll buy the physical thing, but a lot of music I only have on mp3/itunes.

When I was a kid I'd sort my books by height.

Ha! When I'm really bored, I'll reorganize my bookshelves. They're usually alphabetical, but I hate it when they don't line up well, because of the varying heights. The better they line up, height-wise, the more books I can store on top of that row of books (and I usually need that extra space).

Right now I have a few bookshelves full of books I've already read, and all my "to-be-read" books in a separate bookshelf.

Oh, and also I track the books I've read, and all the songs/CDs I have in my collection on Excel spreadsheets.

Holy shit, I am such a nerd.

Ha! When I'm really bored, I'll reorganize my bookshelves. They're usually alphabetical, but I hate it when they don't line up well, because of the varying heights. The better they line up, height-wise, the more books I can store on top of that row of books (and I usually need that extra space).

Right now I have a few bookshelves full of books I've already read, and all my "to-be-read" books in a separate bookshelf.

Oh, and also I track the books I've read, and all the songs/CDs I have in my collection on Excel spreadsheets.

:lol:
I wish I'd kept a book journal my whole life. I'm sure there are books I loved that I don't even remember.

My music isn't organized - it's just in drawers and CD cases, all in shambles. :lol: I keep meaning to organize it some day, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

My books? Those are crazily organized. It's categorized, and then alphabetized within each category. :lol: I read my books MUCH more than I actually pick up a CD, so I guess that's why I haven't bothered to organize my music in a long while. :) My iPod can be easily hooked up to my entertainment system, so every time I need or want music at home, I just hook up my iPod to that, and I'm all good to go.

:madwife: whippersnappers, get offa my lawn!!!

*sticks out tongue*

Anyway, I'm off to the gym before I have to be back at work in 2.5 hours :crack:

eta: I just had to look at those gifs again before I left. gotta find a way to get them on my ipod :hmm: Adam's seems to be the arse of choice so far, while Edge seems to have escaped unspanked.

:love: I used to keep a record of all the books I'd ever read too, but I lost it during one of my moves. :angry:

I do have spreadsheets of all the books and movies I own, since I lend those out fairly often to family and friends, and don't want to lose track of them. I don't know if I'd have the patience to catalogue all my music. :lol:

That sounds actually pretty brilliant to me. I should do that with my cds as when I am in the shop I ALWAYS forget which cds I already bought. :doh: Like I remember I need one more Snow Patrol cd, and then I don't remember which I already got and which I don't. Always happens. My memory blows.

I never have trouble remembering which CDs I already have ... except when it comes to the U2 singles, as I've been picking them up as I find them in used shops, rather than buying them throughout the years. Twice now I've gotten home with one and realized I already had it. :doh:

I never have trouble remembering which CDs I already have ... except when it comes to the U2 singles, as I've been picking them up as I find them in used shops, rather than buying them throughout the years. Twice now I've gotten home with one and realized I already had it. :doh:

:lol: u2 are the only artist I don't have that problem with. When I'm at a cd store I always browse through the U2 section, but it's always "got that, that too, that too...". Only thing I'm still looking for is Zooropa on vinyl, but it's so elusive and I don't really wanna buy vinyl online.

Hey guys....first time poster in here. I keep denying my fangirl feelings, but I am coming out of the closet. I think it is all of the mind blowing leather photos coming from the tour photo thread and the lap dance and fan girl video from SNL at the beginning of this thread...wowzers! I forgot about that!

Stats on me: 30 something SoCal girl. I am trying to decide if I want to brave the GA experience again next year. My first post here was after a crazy GA experience during the Elevation tour....drunk pushy people and a girl directly in front of me that got picked by Bono during his dry humping on stage phase....(what happened to all of those old posts BTW? Great photos lost:-(....)

I get what you are all saying about wanting to physically touch and look at the music and liner notes...I am the same way....I use them as a back up to my I-pod and phone music......

Back
Top Bottom