PGP: What time is it in the world? Mandatory spanking time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Except... it will never fit in the box! :scream: they went and filled it up with the ginormous foldyouty Crazy single. :grumpy:

:shocked: Foldout??? WHAT? You got a foldout big CT single???? Mine is super tiny! :sad: I could only find one version of the vinyl single here and it's a tiny thing.

Okay, dumb question. What exactly is the box thingy? Is it for singles? I have a few (all from the album so far, I think) of the CD singles ... I must have missed another U2 thing I had to buy. :shifty:

:shocked: Foldout??? WHAT? You got a foldout big CT single???? Mine is super tiny! :sad: I could only find one version of the vinyl single here and it's a tiny thing.

Really?? :ohmy: My Crazy single is gatefold, it opens up to a black center with the bouncing U2 heads from the 360 screen. And it's super thick, the box won't even close now with just the 3 singles inside.

Okay, dumb question. What exactly is the box thingy? Is it for singles? I have a few (all from the album so far, I think) of the CD singles ... I must have missed another U2 thing I had to buy. :shifty:

I'm going to guess that Gg was waaay faster than me and answered this already... :hmm:

U2.com gave them out as a gift, it was a box that could hold all four(!!) singles from No Line on the Horizon on vinyl.

I only bought the cd singles of Boots and Magnificent, but I do have Crazy on vinyl and cd. :D

Really?? :ohmy: My Crazy single is gatefold, it opens up to a black center with the bouncing U2 heads from the 360 screen. And it's super thick, the box won't even close now with just the 3 singles inside.

I'm going to guess that Gg was waaay faster than me and answered this already... :hmm:

:uhoh: Maybe I should take mine out of the plastic then. Though it's not really that thick, it's thinner than the cd cases.

:shifty: I'm not that fast tonight... just.. reading.

Oops I was wrong! It was a special box to hold the FOUR vinyl singles from NLOTH. It looks like the album but is the size of a 45 vinyl. it's quite pretty, and the best thing is they were FREE. You just left your name and address at a special promo site set up by Universal, i can't remember how long ago now, before or after the album came out.

Oooh you meant the CD single that was big foldout? :D I have that one! and it's Purrrrrrrty. :love: Love the animation video screenies on the back too.

:uhoh: Maybe I should take mine out of the plastic then. Though it's not really that thick, it's thinner than the cd cases.

:shifty: I'm not that fast tonight... just.. reading.

Well if you take it out of the wrapper it will probably expand to full gigantic size :lol: Plus if you don't have the other 2 in there... right now with the 3 it's already over stuffed.

It said UK only, but I put in my US address anyway, and they sent it!

I am a nerd, I took pics. here is the overstuffed box. Also the boxes were numbered as limited editions on the back.

nlothvinylbox1sm.jpg

nlothvinylbox2sm.jpg

nlothvinylbox3sm.jpg

nlothvinylbox4sm.jpg

I think at the time I thought, "Meh, I don't buy the singles anymore anyway."

And then of course decided I was going to start buying the singles.

Wow, that's cool! This is the first I'm hearing of it. :) I don't buy the singles anyway, but I might have been tempted, had I known, since they were free...

:envy: :sad:

I don't usually buy singles, only when I love the album. I have all of AB's singles, Pop's singles and now NLOTH's singles as well. And I think I have most of Bomb as that was my fangirl phase anyway.

I started picking them up during a "completist" phase.

I really was excited for the Crazy Tonight and Magnificent singles because I really love the remixes for them and wanted the CD copies, rather than just MP3s. :up:

I had this page open but wasn't really here. Was on the phone with my boss, and told them I'm going to cut my hours way back this year. I've been at my job for a long time, but I took the summer off, and decided to come back only alittle bit part time. I was dreading letting them know, but it's going to be ok now. Disneyland was good, relaxing. We mostly went up to see the new World of Color fountain show at CA Adventure, and eat... sometimes we only go there for the food. :lol:
Aww thanks about my kids. :cute:

oh glad it ended up working out at work for you! things like that are more complicated with such a weak job market!!!

OOoooo WOlrdof Color Foutain, hey? def will have to google that!:hyper:

At the 64-65 World fair here in Flushing, Queens they had a Big fountain...every night it would have a Show-- the plumes of water would change and they'd be lit up with various coklored light!:love::love:

Agreed. With things I really want I just want a hard copy of it, just in case. And it's nicer that you can bring it with you anywhere and play it. And I just like to hold it in my grabby hands and drool over it. That reminds me. I need new planks on the wall to hold my cd/dvd collection. Thanks to the Rosebowl box I've now two meters of stuff. :crack:

Yeah, I like the convenience of MP3s for computers and iPods, but I love having my physical collection. I know a lot of music nuts who have either gotten rid of their physical CDs/records (or put them in storage), while just having everything on computers and backed up.

Never! I love looking at my CDs. :reject: I'm out of room in my CD racks, though. I need another, but don't know where to put it and would have to buy one that won't macth the others, because the store where I got the others no longer carries that model! :scream:

My box sets and DVDs are on a bookshelf right now, but eventually I'll get around to getting more organized about them. My books are all out of whack as I sort through THAT collection, so once it's more organized, I can try and find a permanent place for the box sets/DVDs.

Are you feeling better, Wild?

I used to have a 12" picture-disc vinyl of the One single that I'd swiped from our college radio station. Wish I still had it, even though I don't have a record player. It'd be neat to have in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom