PGP: What time is it in the world? Mandatory spanking time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No killing was done. :D

Yeah, I need more shoes so that I can wear to work. Our dress code is changing back to business casual (we could wear pretty much whatever all summer long), so I'm desperate for new cute shoes. I'm going to make a trip to some of the stores around here, and hopefully will find something similar to those Target ones. I'm so sick of black heels - I have way too many pairs of those, so I'm trying to find some cute shoes with colour. :)

We have a place near me called DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) - $10-20 off of literally hundreds of name brand shoes - Steve Madden :drool: 9 West :drool:

Does any one else have a Norstroms Rack close by? I love getting my shoes there. I am a Hippie country girl type so I love brands like Clarks and Born.

ZOMG Nordstrom Rack!

:drool:

I'm getting into those comfy shoes like those brands. I hate how expensive they are, though. I know they're quality and worth the money, but I'm still working up to being used to that price range. :lol:

We have a place near me called DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) - $10-20 off of literally hundreds of name brand shoes - Steve Madden :drool: 9 West :drool:

:drool: I want about a bazillion pairs of Steve Maddens. You guys seriously have SO many better stores than we do. And for far cheaper as well. :angry: I try to buy my booze whenever I go to the States, as I can often get wine for half the price than it is normally. :tsk:

Hi dazz!

Would the Camera on the outer rail deter you from doing that again? I was thinking outer rail or inner back rail….but wondering about the moving camera.

And you showed up early morning for that spot?

i don't think so..
now i know it's there... i just have to take pics before and after. I'll remember to use the spot meter, too at times!

I got there at 8:30 am I missed one of the earlier buses that goes throuh and stops about ? 4 "blocks" ( in the stadium Parking area or something) away from the stadium. There's also an Arena there which U2 played for Elevation and probably Veritgo ( but i had seats for MSG so i didn't need to goto jersey).

anyway I wasted -- since that one didn't run again till 4PM --about 40 mins or so from trying to find another route. egads! :ohmy:

ANy way Iwas around #168 on line.
when it cam time for running into the stadium i knew where i bascially wanted to be and ran for it...LUCKILY.... there was whole openspace by the rails because at that point people had lined up all on
Adam's side to partly past center ( Bono). SO i eneed up around halfway between Bono & Edge ( a lovely place to be) if you projected out where they were on the Stage to corresponding points on the Cirlce.

ETA sorry for typos also with the zoom lens I can frame from chest up to top of head which because of upward angle by-passes the camera guy in front of me. But I was taking full figure pics first .

I was sooooooooo excited but it was partly surreal after trying for soo long! I want go again to sort of solidify the whoke experience and I'll be AS excited and maybe even MORE so!

aw man. the closest Nordstrom Rack is 2 hours away. New shoes was something I gave up for 4 U2 shows last year. :sigh: This year it's the same.

OMG! FOUR?!?!?! I'll be happy if I can get to one next year! I've only ever been to one, and that was when I was a baby fan. I'm now a toddler fan and I feel like I should at least see 2 before I'm a pre-teen fan.....

I ramped up to it, too. Once in '92 and once in '97, missed '01 altogether, and started making up for it with Vertigo and this one. :)

I went to one show in '01, one in '04, and by the time this tour's over, I'll have been to 4 for 360. So I've definitely ramped it up this tour too. :lol:

ah! were you at a con or was he speaking at a bookstore!? cool! : D

aahhhhh a weekend with the boi! :D:applaud
he's heading away back to skool right? :hug

we had some late night space talk here between me, comet and ? cori? :nerd: and me & ali a little geology stuff.
IN fact I saw a very nice - it was either DK or Smithstonian book on sale at borders on Rocks & Minerals...hopefully going to get that this weekned!
--------------------------

We saw him at the con thing that we went to on the weekend. It was super disorganized this year, but we hit it really lucky and had no problems. Last year we saw Nimoy, and this year we completed the pair with Shatner. And then we got a picture with him....where we both may be blinking.:lol: Super duper nerdy, but still kinda awesome.
There was a bunch of other "random" people there too...Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, um, this dude from McHale's Navy....Micheal Dorn...:hmm:
Anyway, yeah. Giant geekfest. :cute: But it was a lot of fun, and we partied a lil in Toronto too. Including playing Clue (yes, the board game) in a bar. Heh.

And funny you mention geology...one of the kids we were hanging out with Saturday night, a friend of Boi, is a geologist! Hilarious dude, with many bad geology jokes.
Who also apparently ran into Adam West in the john once. :lol:

And yes, Boi flys out sunday morning...won't be back til christmas. :sad:

me? pretty good!
Still slogging through fixing up my apt. But I :heart:Looooooove it! The Living room is beginning to have the spacoiusness I planned for. Now most of the major pieces of furniture are in place were i had planned to move them to! MY sis is getting a new recliner so i can have her old one ( still in good shape workinf wise) if i can figure out where to place it.

I stillhave some smaller pieces to move around. Then I can haul out more of the art & craft objects I've bought or been given. ?lus more hotos & art on the walls!

after a drought of drawing i think i might be on the verge of another big output... :hyper it's keepin it going that is one of the najor problems.

my sis lent me the $ for an AC....i finally got one in early AUg aft3er losing out when there wqs arush in ealry Juky with our first Big Heatwave!

And guess what....... :hyper

I am posting from HOME!!!:loveshower

Three weeks ago was able to get a used internal Air Port Card from a store that specializes in Apple comptuers and all peripheries and software/ gadgets etc! My sis had given me her old 2002 IBook b/c her office tech people said it wouldn't take wifi!

the weather has been disappointing often too hot or too gray to really be glorying in more of the dry low-mid eights temp. but hopefully after this Hurrucane brushe4s up against Long Island -it look we are about tohave another set of gorgeous days. I will soak those up likea sponge and keep them in my teasure box of joy to open in the dark, long winter!

how are you otherwise!??

I'm so glad things are shaping up!!! You apartment sounds awesome, I can't wait to see pics. I remember a while back it being mentioned that you managed to secure internets, which is must be so crazy exciting for you. No more wandering the streets late at night. Things have been really going your way lately, which is great. I'm sooo glad :hug:

Yeah, the weather has been crazy hasn't it? I'm so worried that Boi is headed back straight into hurricane season. :uhoh: I really want to buy him waterwings or something.
But even up here things have been wacky, up and down all the time.

OMG! FOUR?!?!?! I'll be happy if I can get to one next year! I've only ever been to one, and that was when I was a baby fan. I'm now a toddler fan and I feel like I should at least see 2 before I'm a pre-teen fan.....

I ramped up to it, too. Once in '92 and once in '97, missed '01 altogether, and started making up for it with Vertigo and this one. :)

I was talking about this last night - I'm making up for lost time. I've been a fan since UF, a rabid fan since ATYCLB but, for some STUPID STUPID STUPID reason, I didn't see them until the 3rd leg of Vertigo. so yeah, 2 shows for that leg, 4 shows last leg and 4 more for 2011. Then we should be square.

I know why I didn't go to one specific Elevation show (boyfriend-related), but I was just kind of out of the whole loop for the whole thing.

Wasn't really involved online, and had only vaguely heard something about GA ... I remember being annoyed, I didn't want to deal with a GA thing, I'm short, blah blah blah ... I don't remember if I thought it was ONLY GA for the tour, or what the hell was going on in my head.

It was a weird year all-around, so I'll just chalk it up to general malaise. :wink:

Oh, so there's this guy at the gym... imagine if you will, Edge only 6feet 2inches tall and with a chest/upper body like Hugh Jackman. :drool: I've been staring, blatantly. :giggle:

I know why I didn't go to one specific Elevation show (boyfriend-related), but I was just kind of out of the whole loop for the whole thing.

Wasn't really involved online, and had only vaguely heard something about GA ... I remember being annoyed, I didn't want to deal with a GA thing, I'm short, blah blah blah ... I don't remember if I thought it was ONLY GA for the tour, or what the hell was going on in my head.

It was a weird year all-around, so I'll just chalk it up to general malaise. :wink:

boyfriend/ignorance/malaise is better than "I only see club shows" snobbery!

I was talking about this last night - I'm making up for lost time. I've been a fan since UF, a rabid fan since ATYCLB but, for some STUPID STUPID STUPID reason, I didn't see them until the 3rd leg of Vertigo. so yeah, 2 shows for that leg, 4 shows last leg and 4 more for 2011. Then we should be square.

o_O

Oh. My. God. Can I be your protegee? You must teach me this skill of seeing them more than once in the same tour. I had a chance to see them in Charlotteseville but had no one to go with me.

o_O

Oh. My. God. Can I be your protegee? You must teach me this skill of seeing them more than once in the same tour. I had a chance to see them in Charlotteseville but had no one to go with me.

I went to my first show with my husband. I NEEDED to see another show so I went to Salt Lake City by myself. Flew in the night before, got a hotel room, lined up, made friends with two girls in line, we got great rail spots together, enjoyed the show, went back to the hotel happy and flew home the next day.

Then for this tour I started saving $100 a month for a year or more (as soon as I heard the new album was coming out). That and making friends here to travel/stay/hang with made the 4 shows easy and A TOTAL BLAST!!!!!

I wish I'd done more hanging out with people on the Vertigo shows I saw.

I wasn't as involved with the site and did make a few friends I hung with in Seattle and Vancouver, which was fun, but for this tour, it's been as much about meeting/hanging out with people from here as it is about seeing my favorite band. :)

*gigglesnort* The last time Edge got "kicked out" of a bed, :bono: was loose with a video camera and recording A Day In The Life Of The Edge :lol:

Mmmm, Edge bed! I was amused that he apparently sleeps in the hotel bathrobe.

YES! I am on the ass smacking research team! It's a dream come twue. Because love, twue love, shall follow you...

oops, sorry. Wrong crack!

I feel like there should be an ass-smacking research team t-shirt or handshake or something. Well, maybe we already have the "handshake"...

and heheh... you said "crack."

Oh, so there's this guy at the gym... imagine if you will, Edge only 6feet 2inches tall and with a chest/upper body like Hugh Jackman. :drool: I've been staring, blatantly. :giggle:

If real Edge was 6'2", the world would explode from too much perfection.

He's real purty to look at... wears tight Under Armor shirts and b'ball shorts (great behind too) :giggle:

Sorry if I'm being all pervy on someone NOT in u2 :reject:

Perv away, m'dear! I think we can all appreciate a fine ass! :wink:

I wish I'd done more hanging out with people on the Vertigo shows I saw.

I wasn't as involved with the site and did make a few friends I hung with in Seattle and Vancouver, which was fun, but for this tour, it's been as much about meeting/hanging out with people from here as it is about seeing my favorite band. :)

Absolutely! I didn't meet up with anyone at the Vancouver show last year, but it was fun hanging out with people in Vegas. I'm really excited for Montreal next year, as it's going to be one huge awesome party. :D

Back
Top Bottom