PGP...we've got to be seen to be believed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kafrun said:
VP - I thought so :sexywink:

Carmel - k :drool: Twist my arm.. :lol: His hands were huge.. my hand totally disappeared in his. He was wearing a fitted, grey v-neck shirt, fitted jeans that showed off, erm, well.. *cough* He was tanned, which made his gorgeous grey/green/blue eyes stand out more. They're very intense, and he looks straight at you when you're having a conversation, which is a bit unnerving. I only walked up and asked him for a handshake and told him I was a fan. I didn't want to bother him for a picture or anything because he seemed busy(and all I had was a crappy camera phone). But he just started asking me questions, at which point I was amazed I was able to form entire sentences :no: Oh, and like I said, he's rather tall. 6'2" or 6'3". Very, erm, built. The scottish accent? Perfection.. :drool:

Sorry you asked yet? :wink:

So cool Kaf. You are so lucky. He seems really sweet too. Hope if I meet the man of my dreams :adam: . I will be calm and charming.
I have a feeling it won't go as smooth as I want. The accent alone would kill me slowly.:p

Carmelu2fan said:

So cool Kaf. You are so lucky. He seems really sweet too. Hope if I meet the man of my dreams :adam: . I will be calm and charming.
I have a feeling it won't go as smooth as I want.:p
I have a feeling it will :hug: You just never know how you're going to react. Sometimes you'll surprise yourself :shrug:

I had been in TO since Tuesday evening, and had BARELY missed meeting Bono and Edge that first night. But I had a great time at the concert on Wednesday and then got Edge’s autograph that night. The next day I got to shake Edge’s hand (He has truly incredible eyes!) and then Bono’s hand, too. I asked him if I could give him a hug, but he kissed me on the cheek instead. :happy:

Anyway, so that night I waited once again until the wee small hours hoping to meet Adam but he did not stop on his way out. I did talk to a guy however who had seen Adam at his hotel (and had a confrontation with his bodyguard fro disturbing Adam, who had taken to the habit of riding in the limo back to the hotel in his robe :combust: )

Anyway, so Saturday morning I made the decision to give up my place in the GA line to try and have a close encounter of the Adam kind. I didn’t have much money left, as this was my last day in the city and I had been having WAY too much fun ;) so I walked I can’t remember how many blocks to his hotel (it was at least a dozen, perhaps more than twenty with the wandering I did trying to find it)

Anyway, after working up several blisters on my feet, and unladylike sweat so I stopped in at a grocery and bought a bottle of water and asked for directions. It turned out the hotel was just around the corner. So I went and planted myself on a bench outside the swanky little hotel and waited. (I knew he was there right away, the place SCREAMED Posh!) :lol:

Anyway, so I chatted with a few autograph/photograph hounds who were in town more for the film fest, and they asked if I knew who was staying there. I told them and they had no idea who he was. I explained to them how important he was to me and they actually left, (since he was less likely to be receptive to a crowd of people and they were looking for other people anyway) wishing me luck at meeting him.

I sat there for about an hour or so, it was a really warm morning/noontime very sunny that day and the street was only one block long, very private and quiet. It was actually very nice in and of itself. I looked at the hotel doors frequently, watched a wedding party come and go and several people brunching in the tea room.

Finally, one time, when the door opened, I saw a familiar face. I jumped up so fast I nearly jumped right out of my skin :lol: it was Adam’s bodyguard, whom I recognized from several fan pictures of Adam

TBC....

I approached him as he glanced around (Checking for mobs of Plebans, I suspect :wink: ) and asked him if Adam would be coming out of the hotel soon.

He asked me who I was, to which I replied ‘Just a fan’. He didn’t say anything else to me, but simply turned on his heel and went back to the hotel door.

I called out that I didn’t want to ask Adam for anything, just a chance to meet him face to face. He waved at me dismissively without even looking back. 

Obviously I was a bit disheartened at this point, and returned to sit on the bench and decide what I should do next.

2.jpg

Is that guy in the blue his bodygaurd?:eyebrow:

Last edited:
I know I haven't said much in the last few hours, but I thought I'd pop back in to wish you all a good night!

I've been a bit distracted by watching Grey's Anatomy and talking with a certain boy. :shifty:

I love your story of how you met Adam, SG. I remember reading about it after it happened, and it's so awesome. :heart:

I hope you all have a great night! :hug: Sweet dreams!!

Before I could come even really think about anything, though, I looked up and saw the bodyguard approaching me…. And Adam beside him! :faint:

At this point I think I had an out of body experience, because holy shit, Adam Charles Clayton (in running clothes, no less!) was walking over to meet me! Smiling politely at ME!

I stood and walked briskly over to them, meeting them halfway between the hotel door and the bench, right next to a street light. (this becomes important in a bit ;) )

I started blabbering right off, but he was so cool and so sweet, he simply offered me his hand and said hello and asked me my name. (I loved shaking his hand, he has massive hands! And he was wearing a cladagh ring, and so was I! though his was probably worth more than my truck :lol: ) anyway, I told him my name, and he repeated it after I told him and I will never ever forget the sound of his beautiful accent saying my name!

And I then went on to tell him what I had rehearsed a million times in my head just that day, which is what I had started to say before even introducing myself :lol: thank goodness for Adam’s amazing manners : )

Anyway, I told him that I’d been a U2 fan for a long time and that I admired them all, of course, but him in particular (he smacked his lips the way he does and said thank you, acting very modest and even surprised at this which made me love him all the more.

He asked me if I’d seen any shows yet and I told him yes, and they were fantastic. I told him how I had basically taken the tuition I was supposed to go back to school with so I could see several of their concerts and he asked me what I was studying and where I was from…. :heart:

I told him, and I was leaning one shoulder up against the street lamp at this point, and he leaned up against it too for a bit – we were maybe a foot apart chest to chest, even less shoulder to shoulder :faint: To the people passing by it didn’t seem as anything more than two acquaintances chatting, I imagine as no one else gave us a second glance.

Finally he said that he had to get going, and before I knew what was happening, he was reaching for me… I reached out automatically as well, and then caught myself, wanting to be polite, and asked ‘May I?’ and he chuckled and said ‘Of course’ and hugged me :love: It was so nice! It was not one of those brisk hugs you would expect, either, but it seemed really sincere.

He and his bodyguard said goodbye and started to walk away, when I realized I had to go back and retrieve some of my things from the bench, having left them behind in my haste to greet him. I said something about it and Adam turned back around and chuckled and flashed me a smile as they crossed the street. Jerry laughed at something he said but I didn’t hear what it was. :heart: and then I floated back to the hotel to tell VP and her daughter about it!

this is him returning from his run that day - one of the guys I'd met before had come back by then and I found this picture of him on the net when I got home that next day

AdamOSCEra6s173.jpg

and this is from a different day but his bodyguard is in it: (he's the tall skinny one who looks about to sneeze :giggle: )
AdamOSCEra6s17.jpg

Thank you SG:bow: I never knew your story before now. That is amazing. You are so lucky and deserving to meet him. I am soooo happy for you:hug:
I also never seen the second pic before:ohmy:
:heart:

Carmelu2fan said:
Thank you SG:bow: I never knew your story before now. That is amazing. You are so lucky and deserving to meet him. I am soooo happy for you:hug:
I also never seen the second pic before:ohmy:
:heart:

Aww thank you! I hope you get to meet him too, he really is so very nice! :heart: He seems to appreciate the attention, when it isn't over the top.

I think it may have helped that I was wearing a push-up bra that made me look like I should be on the bow of a ship either :shifty: :wink:

^ Seriously, I don't think it mattered much to him, but I felt like I looked good and the confidence made me able to stay relatively cool

Kafrun I'm trying to remember - I think it was the Windsor Arms

yeah it was :yes:

Goodnight Carmel :hug: Sweet Dreams :heart:

I'm off to bed, too :wave:

Goodnight Kafrun :hug: and any lurkers left :wink:

Edit(lol, I need sleep): SG - That's the hotel I thought it was :hyper: Awesome!

Good night :hug: I'm off to bed soon too. I'm just going to stay up a little longer and see if I can get this chapter finished tonight :uhoh: :wave:

:wave: Hey everyone! 1st time of posted in a PGP thread but hey, I had to start sometime. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to say, so I'll sit back and watch you guys for a while.
P.S I have to confess that I have been lurking in the Photos thread and you girls (and guys) are gorgeous.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom