PGP...we've got to be seen to be believed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SG, I can't explain it, and perhaps that's what keeps me interested? Being an agnostic, maybe I want somthing bigger to cling to?I just find it really implausible that there would be so many Virgo characteristics set out, that I would have read them by the age of 10 or 12, and that I would have molded by being/personality/life to them. :shrug:

Of course, any decent astrologer will tell you it's not just about your sun sign (newspaper horoscopes - for entertainment only - but according to the place and time of your birth. Then you get into all the planets and the houses they were in...complicated, but really interesting. And to keep it fair, I've been reading some anti-astrology sites, too.

Sad_Girl said:

Oh yes, I love Lucid dreaming :up: I've even suceeded in taking control of my dreams a few times now

I think I know the basics, but I really don't know *that* much about it. Maybe you can tell me if this approaches what it is?

From my perspective, I think thatdreams can be anything from a random firing of neurons while you're sleeping to (a more plausible, imo) way of your brain/consciousness consolidating your awake moments/knowledge/subconscious.

That said, I've read about controlling your dreams, and asking them for guidance. In this context, I believe it to be nothing more than perhaps your subconscious giving you guidance as to what you may not pick up on during your waking hours... (more)

This being the case, (??) I've been asking whoever (??) to give me dream guidance about the B situation. :yikes: :reject: :uhoh:

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I had a dream where all I can remember is him sitting in front of me, and him telling me he needs me to love him. Nothing else. Not that he loves me, or any other clues as to how he feels, just that he needs me to love him. :huh: As you can well imagine, this left me really frustrated.

Last night, after many nights of asking to dream about further clarification of this, I finally had another one. In this one, without details, he did love me,but I was confronted with various issues that could potentially get between us. In one scene, his kids...in another, his friends and family,. In the dream, I felt like an observer, even though I was active within it - it was as though I were tallying the things I had to deal with with him, and thinking, "that's not so bad, I can deal with this. "

:huh:

I'm sorta taking it as being literal. Do any of you have any thoughts?

I'm a dog and NI's a horse

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people¡¦s confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

Some of the above is so true :ohmy:

VintagePunk said:
This being the case, (??) I've been asking whoever (??) to give me dream guidance about the B situation. :yikes: :reject: :uhoh:

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I had a dream where all I can remember is him sitting in front of me, and him telling me he needs me to love him. Nothing else. Not that he loves me, or any other clues as to how he feels, just that he needs me to love him. :huh: As you can well imagine, this left me really frustrated.

Last night, after many nights of asking to dream about further clarification of this, I finally had another one. In this one, without details, he did love me,but I was confronted with various issues that could potentially get between us. In one scene, his kids...in another, his friends and family,. In the dream, I felt like an observer, even though I was active within it - it was as though I were tallying the things I had to deal with with him, and thinking, "that's not so bad, I can deal with this. "

:huh:

I'm sorta taking it as being literal. Do any of you have any thoughts?

It sounds to me like you have a good grasp on what the dream means to you. I'm sure you know that dream interpretation is a very subjective thing - Freud had his theories :slant: but most people (myself included) are of the opinion that a dream is a peek into your subconscious mind - the things you know, the things you wish you knew, feelings you have about these things

He didn't tell you he loved you in the first dream because you didn't know if he did. Lucid dreaming is a serious of exercises that helps you to be able to recognize that you are dreaming and to focus yourself on something which bothers you - a memory or a question of how you really feel, what you want out of a situation etc...

being able to remember your dreams is the first step, and all the lucid dreaming sources I have been exposed to have you start out by keeping a dream journal

Sad_Girl said:

It sounds to me like you have a good grasp on what the dream means to you. I'm sure you know that dream interpretation is a very subjective thing - Freud had his theories :slant: but most people (myself included) are of the opinion that a dream is a peek into your subconscious mind - the things you know, the things you wish you knew, feelings you have about these things

He didn't tell you he loved you in the first dream because you didn't know if he did. Lucid dreaming is a serious of exercises that helps you to be able to recognize that you are dreaming and to focus yourself on something which bothers you - a memory or a question of how you really feel, what you want out of a situation etc...

being able to remember your dreams is the first step, and all the lucid dreaming sources I have been exposed to have you start out by keeping a dream journal

:yes: Remembering them is SO important. And the funny thing is, it's so individual - if i have a nap during the day, I tend to sleep really lightly, but almost always as I'm waking, I'm dreaming, and I remember them vividly...in the morning it's more of a crapshoot, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I also recalled a seperate dream this morning, about vacationing in Greece. :lol: A TON of my dreams have to do with being in a vacation setting - my escape from the hum-drum of every day, I would imagine...and many of those have flying on planes as an element - facing my fears would be my guess.

This one about B last night was just weird. No grand pronouncement, he just sort of introduced me into his life, where i was meeting his kids and friends and family (and in the kids portion, they caught us in bed, and they thought I was their mother, for a sec. :huh: )

Back
Top Bottom