PGP: We're the ghosts of love and we haunt this place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ran out at halftime, took a quick shot on autosettings lol

4X0JmaH.jpg

Gorgeous, JJ--I cannot imagine! :love:

Been there done that back in the 80s - all four out at once (and I was out for the whole thing). Only time I wore any makeup for my high school yearbook pic (had them done the weekend before school started, was still a little bruised on one cheek picture day). Milkshakes are your friend :g: I also didn't take the painkillers they gave me for when the freezing came out, because they were horse pills (huge) and I hate taking pills at the best of times - hurt like hell for a while but better than trying to choke down the pills!

They don't allow you to do both sides in 1 time Here. Would have loved to , becuase then I wouldn't have to go back after all this.
I did exactly the same. I got these really heavy painkillers, but it was a powder you had to mix with a glass of water, and I can't handle those at all.
So I just sticked to a lot of Ibuprofen... Less powerfull. But better than trying to drink something I know thats going to come out again in no time :lol:

Saving the horse tranqs for the black market.

They don't allow you to do both sides in 1 time Here. Would have loved to , becuase then I wouldn't have to go back after all this.
I did exactly the same. I got these really heavy painkillers, but it was a powder you had to mix with a glass of water, and I can't handle those at all.
So I just sticked to a lot of Ibuprofen... Less powerfull. But better than trying to drink something I know thats going to come out again in no time :lol:

Saving the horse tranqs for the black market.

Depends on which jaw. If they do both sides of your lower jaw, your tongue will be tranquilised too and you'll choke on it. So they won't do that. But they can do left and right on your upper jaw. :wink:

just read that solar flare thingy didnt even hit earth but missed it, still auroras were seen as south as Slovenia :ohmy:

Lol I've seen the photos. I honestly thought it was part of a funeral. That's how dumb I am. Because the events were so close together. I was totally confused until I saw the cups of beers. ?

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Depends on which jaw. If they do both sides of your lower jaw, your tongue will be tranquilised too and you'll choke on it. So they won't do that. But they can do left and right on your upper jaw. :wink:

:hmm: So why can they do all 4 of them at the same time here, and no one chokes on their tongues?

I finally have cold water during the daytime. Yay!!! They've been working on the pipes and junk on our street for EVER. All our water was brought in through pipes that sat on the surface of the street for the last like year, so during the day the pipes would heat up and we only had warm water until late at night. But they finally hooked up the new underground pipes and removed the temp ones so i have cold water. :yippie: And that's the exciting news from here for the day. :wink:

they xray first and then decide if can take all 4 at once, some can just be pulled easily while other needs more surgery

that´s why 2 or 4 at one time

they xray first and then decide if can take all 4 at once, some can just be pulled easily while other needs more surgery

that´s why 2 or 4 at one time

Yup. My dentist/surgeon kept rubbing in how annoyingly deep and difficult to remove my teeth where. He had to cut pretty deep and had to use a LOT of force. And his face after the procedure ... Said enough. I'm pretty sure normally it shouldnt be this bad.

Also, the medication laws and regulations in every country ... Differ SO much. I'm 10000% certain they dont use the same tranqs over here compared to the US and other countries.

For example: Take Belgium ,our neighbours. they still use medication that has been banned here in the Netherlands. (some for no apparent reason) .:hmm:

But please.. Lets.talk.about something different for the next 5,weeks. I'll be venting here again after that last 2 get removed. Hehe.

Almost tour time !! :drool:

Mist above the whole country.. Didn't expect anything to go easy anyway :wink:

I am old enough that metric was introduced - at least in schools - when I was in grade 2 *g* Also, growing up near the border means I can (mostly) work in both... I tend to go F for summer and C for winter. What I don't understand is why it was such a problem, it's base 10! Numbers we already work with instead of random weird numbers! ;)

From pages ago, but yeah, I was in primary grades and they taught both. To this day, I can easily do imperial to metric or metric to imperial conversions in my head. Meanwhile, Sarah hears a temperature in F, and is all "BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN, WILL I BE HOT OR COLD?? :sad: " :lol:

Also, I had all my wisdom teeth out at once. It was done in a hospital under general anaesthetic, though. And I still have my tongue. :wink:

"Bob and Doug McKenzie" from SCTV came up with a conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit which is amazingly close to being accurate: Take the C number, double it, and add 30. Works for me! :wave:

"Bob and Doug McKenzie" from SCTV came up with a conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit which is amazingly close to being accurate: Take the C number, double it, and add 30. Works for me! :wave:

I remember learning that rule too, but I can never remember how that goes either... :wink:

Hey, you! How are you?

Maybe I should have clarified that I was educated in a Canadian school.

Also, I found out that Sarah's social psych conference next year may be in San Diego. :hyper:

I figured you probably learned both in school. They actually did try to teach us both in school here too, but it just didn't stick since it was never used in daily life.

I'm okay, thanks. I took a bit of a break from the internet for a while but have been coming back little by little. Was going through a hard time, (haven't mentioned it yet here I don't think, but I was just very sad and couldn't really talk about it yet.) I'm ok tho. I hope you're doing good too. :hug:

That would be awesome if you guys came to SD. :ohmy: (did you mean you might visit too? :hmm: )

I know the conversions from inches and feet to centimeters and such, but I have no bleedin' clue about Fahrenheit. I thought 68 ish was 0 C or something like that but then there's a conversion factor I just don't remember cause I never use it. Celsius and Kelvin is enough temperature measurements for me :lol:

I figured you probably learned both in school. They actually did try to teach us both in school here too, but it just didn't stick since it was never used in daily life.

I'm okay, thanks. I took a bit of a break from the internet for a while but have been coming back little by little. Was going through a hard time, (haven't mentioned it yet here I don't think, but I was just very sad and couldn't really talk about it yet.) I'm ok tho. I hope you're doing good too. :hug:

That would be awesome if you guys came to SD. :ohmy: (did you mean you might visit too? :hmm: )

So sorry to hear that. :( If you need anything, or would like to talk, let me know. :hug:

At this point, it's a remote possibility that I would go with her next year (she asked me to)...but remote is better than no possibility at all, I suppose. :) The fact that you and Lila are in the area makes it appealing!

I think in my last post I said I'd be back in a week. 3 months and a marathon later... :lol: But since the tour's starting up so soon, I'll likely be making a bigger effort to hang around a bit, if I can.

I'm sorry things have been so tough for you lately, BC. :hug: I'm glad things are on the upswing now.

Dat suntan on Edge is Proper bad :lol: Yeowuch

mmmh....still looking ggod for me :wink:
Appears to be one missing...

all of them were there but he was missing in most of the pics...

:wave: it's been a while! how are u doing? I was having quite stressful weeks - changing from early to night shifts :huh:, so had to miss also the eclipse a few days ago...and I'm so upset there's an early years U2 photo exhibition running in Italy right now and can't go there :sad:

I think in my last post I said I'd be back in a week. 3 months and a marathon later... :lol: But since the tour's starting up so soon, I'll likely be making a bigger effort to hang around a bit, if I can.

I'm sorry things have been so tough for you lately, BC. :hug: I'm glad things are on the upswing now.

Yay for marathons. How did it go? Did you get a personal best?

Back
Top Bottom