PGP: We're on The Edge.........of glory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no! I take suggestions.

I think what would REALLY help me is to get offline. Every new piece of information seems to stress me out.

... but then if I'm not online, I might miss information I actually need. You can see my dilemma.

Can I haz them now please? :combust:
281359_187732897952587_166820623377148_486980_2814604_n.jpg

I like everything going on in the pants region here.

I think what would REALLY help me is to get offline. Every new piece of information seems to stress me out.

... but then if I'm not online, I might miss information I actually need. You can see my dilemma.

I think you should go offline until you get to Minneapolis. That way, you can focus on the fun. Anything that will be said in the Moncton thread will still be there when you get back!:hug:

How to set up a tent:

Step 1: Pour large container of water over head.
Step 2: Identify nearby males.
Step 3: Ask "Anyone know how to set up a tent?" This works best if still dripping from water pouring.
Step 4: Crack open a beer and watch.

While I'm in problem-solving mode, Veep, you give 20 of your degrees to Cori, then everyone can be happy!

:lol: That is SO me.

The list thing might help, if you're a listy kind of a person anyway. It's kind of like a CBT-type of anxiety exercise. And it helps you to think rationally about it, committing your words to page, rather than just having racing thoughts going off in all kinds of panicky directions.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem - I have a ton of stuff to do tonight, so I will try not to get sucked into my usual online dallying. :)

How to set up a tent:

:lol: This very well may happen. Except for the water over the head thing.

The list thing might help, if you're a listy kind of a person anyway.

I'm a total listy kind of person! I might try this. although right now, the list will look like this:

Worst Case Camping Scenario #1: I can't park car at the camping spot.
Solution #1: I use my tent.

Worst Case Camping Scenario #2: The parking lot is ridiculously far away.
Solution #2: well, then I have to walk a long ways to get all my shit back to my tent.

See? It's so silly. It shouldn't be stressing me this much. And even typing it out is making me roll my eyes at myself.

They made me do one of those list things once, breaking down stuff I can control and stuff I can't. Your brain thinks that by stressing out about it all beforehand, you're preparing for possible outcomes, but I am totally confident that you'll be able to handle any sucky situations that come up! I mean, the chances of you ending up in a Turkish prison on this trip are really less than 5%. 10% max. :shifty:

:lol: This very well may happen. Except for the water over the head thing.

I'm a total listy kind of person! I might try this. although right now, the list will look like this:

Worst Case Camping Scenario #1: I can't park car at the camping spot.
Solution #1: I use my tent.

Worst Case Camping Scenario #2: The parking lot is ridiculously far away.
Solution #2: well, then I have to walk a long ways to get all my shit back to my tent.

See? It's so silly. It shouldn't be stressing me this much. And even typing it out is making me roll my eyes at myself.

Doesn't matter, what matters is it feels real to you. And some things that might provoke crippling anxiety in another person, you wouldn't even think twice about. We all have our stressors. Don't be too hard on yourself. :)

That is another back-up plan. The other issue is that Rosephile, another gal I met on Facebook and I were going to try and set up camp/cars near each other so we can be close to people we more or less knew, as we're traveling solo. One has a car and one has just a sleeping bag, so even if car camping in the parking lot is feasible, I don't know that it's ideal.

We'll just have to see.

They made me do one of those list things once, breaking down stuff I can control and stuff I can't. Your brain thinks that by stressing out about it all beforehand, you're preparing for possible outcomes, but I am totally confident that you'll be able to handle any sucky situations that come up! I mean, the chances of you ending up in a Turkish prison on this trip are really less than 5%. 10% max. :shifty:

Maybe a bit higher if she stumbles into that Turkish prison neighbourhood just outside of Moncton. ;)

I mean, the chances of you ending up in a Turkish prison on this trip are really less than 5%. 10% max. :shifty:

:lol: I am glad to hear that.

What I'm very curious about is whether or not I go through this same level of anxiety about going to Ireland. Considering how much I have that planned in advance, probably not likely.

But if it turns out it's just U2 concerts that cause this in me? :| That's just ..... kinda sad.

The Anxious U2 Fan. My book will give Cathal's a run for its money. :wink:

I just yammered to my boss about the things I was stressed about, and honestly, just doing that made me feel better.

Plus, she offered up some of her camping stuff to me. Tent! Headlamp! Whoo!

Just looked at the weather, it is 98 here with a heat index of 103 (37/39)

35/47C, 95/118F here, still. :happy:

Seems crazy that it's hotter here than where you are.

I just yammered to my boss about the things I was stressed about, and honestly, just doing that made me feel better.

Plus, she offered up some of her camping stuff to me. Tent! Headlamp! Whoo!

Yay camping stuff!

Yes my Irish skin fares no better :lol:

I love IT wet :shifty:

I'm not even sure what my skin is...mostly Scottish, with a bit of Irish/English, and various other European mixtures in there, but I burn in like 5 minutes these days. :( I avoid the sun, but I have a very dark farmers tan on my left arm from driving. It's lovely.

I got a check in the mail yesterday, and I'm planning to use that to splurge on a night in a nice hotel right before I head off to hang with my family for a week.

A girl I know is hosting a craft afternoon at her home, and is also hosting a fireworks party on the Saturday night (I'm heading out to be with my family on Sunday). I don't know her well enough to ask her (or any of the other girls) to crash on their couch for the night, and I don't want to backtrack home that night, only to have to come out that way again the next morning.

So I'm thinking of staying at a hotel downtown for the night. Of course the one hotel I'd kill to stay in is $600. :lol: :rolleyes:

Tell her white flats would be perfect for the occasion.

:lol:

Don't wear peep-toe shoes. Bono hates those and will have you removed from the stadium if he sees you.

I also told them they couldn't bring a backpack (knowing full well they don't have backpacks). My mom said "Oh, I'm sorry I can't bring my little sling-type bag, it's like a backpack."

I told her to bring it, it's probably completely fine. They just don't want giant backpacks like ... well, a backpack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom