PGP - we're just skanking it up on the GA rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. That recipe was disappointing. :( I usually love anything with Pillsbury biscuits involved, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Edible, but I probably won't make it again.

2. My dad has always been kind of stilted and awkward in his emails, as parents sometimes are. Over the last 6 months or so, he's undergone quite the email transformation. I don't know what happened to bring him out of his email shell, but he is very conversational now .... and yet nothing at all like talking to him in person, which is kind of funny. He even uses emoticons now. I don't know where he got it from - my mom doesn't even use them.

He says he's excited for the Minneapolis concert, which is sweet. I think he's probably going to enjoy watching me freak out more than he'll enjoy the show (although I think he'll be pretty impressed with the stage).

It's so weird. WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY FATHER?

Ha, Sarah just sent me a text telling me she has to go east (eat). Last week she sent me one that she had to go look at a house, and she didn't know if she'd have time to rebel, after. I can't even remember what she meant to say, but it made me laugh. Oh, autocorrect.

I was hunting for sonic screwdrivers one day ( :reject: ), and I got a text reading "How is your wurst going?" ... I replied "I'm not having any German sausage today" before I realised that "wurst" was supposed to be "quest". :lol:

I'm making this for dinner tonight. I expect it to be really tasty. Not the most nutritious thing I've ever eaten, but zomg:

Quick Dinner Fixins: Bubble Up Pizza | Pass The Sushi!

:drool: That looks amazing!

Chicago Soldier Field 9/12/09 and Charlottesville 10/1/09 (The stadium at the University of Virginia was small, compared to Soldier Field. We were in the fifth row of seats "behind" the claw, so we were close. And they walked off like six feet from us!!) Tickets for Chicago Soldier Field 7/5/11, which I bought first day they went on sale through U2.com over 1-1/2 years ago, but still in the third level. That's okay--that's where we were 9/12/09, and you can see *everything*, just not up close! I'm still excited--23 days to go! : hyper:

Woohoo!! I saw shows in Amsterdam and Dublin before the Aussie leg, and I hung at the soundboard for some, so I got to see the Claw in all its glory from a distance too. :bow: I tried to take video during Crazy one night, but I couldn't stop myself from bouncing. *L*

Have you seen the Damn You Autocorrect site? It makes me laugh till I cry!

I'm 100% anti-roommate, too. I would have to like, wear pants.

I may have to look at that site!

I think if I could afford it, I'd prefer to live on my own... it's just that much less stressful, and I wouldn't have to worry about freaking someone out cos I used the wrong colour pegs, etc... but it's SO much cheaper sharing a house, and I get along well with the friends I live with. Plus I think I'd become an antisocial hermit if I did live on my own, most of my social contact has come via housemates for most of my life. :reject:

September. : )

Woo! I keep meaning to look at your thread in LS, but I dunno how much advice you need now, or if I have any useful advice to offer. *L* I didn't see nearly as much of Ireland as I would have liked in the week I was there, but I highly recommend the coast of N. Ireland, if you're going in that direction. Giant's Causeway... *swoon*
(And not just because I'm a geology nerd either!)

Omg, Comet, if you see this, I just saw the picture of Chelsea as River Song...doppelganger much?? She looks amazing! : love:

How did I not spot that! :ohmy:

And btw, due to Sarah, I'm current on this season, and have even started catching up on last season. Last night when I was making dinner, all of a sudden I though "Saturday! Dr. Who! I wonder if the new one is up yet, and if Sarah's seen it!" Then pause for like 5 seconds, and then "oh yeah...hiatus. : ( " : lol:

I'm a few episodes into series 5, and I had to avoid the last ep of series 6 which was on TV here the other night... No spoilers and all that. *L* Not quite sure how I'm going to catch up on series 6 after we finish the series 5 box set. :hmm: I want to be all caught up before I go to Dragon Con...

Think I could sneak over and steal Edge's bedazzler? : shifty:

He better appreciate all the work going into this : D

Your shirt (and that map *L*) look fantastic! :applaud:

I bet Edge has built a super-dooper atomic laser-powered time-travelling space-age Bedazzler of Doom or something... :giggle:

That's too bad that the recipe was disappointing, cori. :( I hate it when that happens. I made something a few weeks ago that looked so amazing on the website, but it ended up tasting bland and SO boring. Thankfully I didn't spend very much on ingredients, since I had most of the stuff in my kitchen anyway.

And I definitely echo Ali's suggestion of the Giant's Causeway. :love: That was one of the best things we did while we were in Ireland. :heart: That place is AMAZING!!

Woo! I keep meaning to look at your thread in LS, but I dunno how much advice you need now, or if I have any useful advice to offer.

My itinerary is pretty set; I think I reached the point where I had taken TOO many recommendations, and my head was spinning for a while. :lol:

Not going to make it to the north on this trip - there's so much to see, I had to draw the line somewhere. :(

zomg, there's a Seattle bootleg available now, and it is AWESOME. :drool:

So happy the show got a great bootleg.

1. That recipe was disappointing. :( I usually love anything with Pillsbury biscuits involved, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Edible, but I probably won't make it again.

2. My dad has always been kind of stilted and awkward in his emails, as parents sometimes are. Over the last 6 months or so, he's undergone quite the email transformation. I don't know what happened to bring him out of his email shell, but he is very conversational now .... and yet nothing at all like talking to him in person, which is kind of funny. He even uses emoticons now. I don't know where he got it from - my mom doesn't even use them.

He says he's excited for the Minneapolis concert, which is sweet. I think he's probably going to enjoy watching me freak out more than he'll enjoy the show (although I think he'll be pretty impressed with the stage).

It's so weird. WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY FATHER?

1. That's a shame! It looked so good too. :(

2. My mum's a bit like that with the emails, and sometimes I catch her on gmail chat. She started using emoticons too but I don't think she's quite got the hang of it yet. *L*
She was very impressed by the Claw, I'm sure your dad will have a great time. :)

My itinerary is pretty set; I think I reached the point where I had taken TOO many recommendations, and my head was spinning for a while. :lol:

Not going to make it to the north on this trip - there's so much to see, I had to draw the line somewhere. :(

zomg, there's a Seattle bootleg available now, and it is AWESOME. :drool:

So happy the show got a great bootleg.

Fair enough... there's always next time. :)

There's still no bootleg for Perth II (or I, or Brisbane, wtf) on u2start... :sigh: If there's not one by now, it seems unlikely anyone was taping it. I wish there were more tapers in Aus.

I wonder if there are enough You Tube videos of the gig to cobble some sort of haphazard boot together... *L*

Oooh, I almost forgot about the Tonys! I'm way too exhausted to watch, I guess I'll end up YouTubing the good part!

After 892379287 hours, I now have hemmed the edges of the black rectangle and attached the 7 to it. Tomorrow I need to pick up some fabric glue for the sequins and some embroidery thread to do the stitching around the sleeves and neckline. Then IT'S OVER!

NICE! Speaking of nightmare Bedazzling projects...

12945_193833627670_577342670_3661297_7905100_n.jpg

That one just about killed me.

Yeah, so many recordings seem to come out, it almost seems like a cruel joke that there remain a few cities on each tour that don't have a boot released. BOO!

Kristen has video of when Major Tom starts, and it is hilarious. U2 GA newbies ftw!!! Kristen and I both have pics. Nothing outstanding from me, but I had to snap a few to show my spot!

A couple more of EdgeFest's crafts. I've only done the flag/hat this year. I bought a bunch of sailor hats and was going to get "Cyan Yacht Crew" embroidered on them to make Edge pee himself laughing, but alas I ran out of time and $$$...

10531_276064975299_890770299_8779374_920760_n.jpg

9929_146261017670_577342670_3254199_7986183_n.jpg

I don't take credit for the 7 shirt, just the Elevation jeans, but I must plug the wonderful person who made it here:

Edge's Boston Seven Shirt by BandGeek on Etsy

Back
Top Bottom