PGP-We'll be back next week and we'll bring you a t-shirt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey-hey, GG! i'm just keeping the forum open while I work :D soon will have to go out and find lunch though... my stomach is starting to slowly signal me to find food! you're early in here too!!! glad you have a day off! and hope dad's not bothering you!
aww.. BEdge sandwich... :drool: that's filling my appetite a bit! sorry, i have no idea from which song it is...

I thought you might've liked it. :sexywink:

Seeing as what songs they played on that leg there's no obvious contender that has Edge sing a part where Bono's shut up, asides from Beautiful Day(the "daaay" before the last chorus). So I reckon that's it.

Enjoy your lunch. I should be grabbing some soon too. :hmm: Probably gonna make a super sandwich or something. Ham, cheese, lettuce, capsicum... whatever else I can find. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind putting a bit of BEdge there too. :wink: Want one too?

Yep, she's a cat. She was out on the back deck and I saw her look up at the roof and sort of suddenly realize she could get up there. :doh: I wouldn't worry too much about her being up there if it weren't for all the electric wires. I'll have to put something up to prevent a repeat acrobatic performance!

:uhoh: There's open electric wires on the roof? Better keep the cat off then!

By the way, I love the names you've given your cats. :love:

Yeah, that wasn't too bad a collaboration, no. That comment about dismissing rap was more a general thing, should've clarified, sorry. Like I said, I understand if people listen to it and it turns out to not be their thing. To each their own, right?

Haha, no kidding. My poor mom some days is like, "I swear I'm losing my mind...". I just keep telling her this stuff happens to everyone at some point and time. We're convinced there's a vortex, a Bermuda Triangle of sorts, somewhere in the house that sucks some of our stuff down into some deep, dark hole, 'cause we lose a lot of things around here often, too.

Oh, don't you just wish you could special order cute guys. I can think of some off the top of my head I'd love to do that for :drool: (sidenote: Joel McHale was shirtless on "Community" tonight. HELL, yeah :combust:. Made my evening. And I really, really want to marry Stephen Colbert. That is all).

See? The early bird does get the worm. Or the attractive eye candy. Or whatever.

Craig made a couple jokes related to Tom Cruise on his show tonight, speaking of mention of him. He was talking about cruises in his monologue, and said, "I've only ever been on one cruise in my life" and then under his breath said, "And it was Tom Cruise" :D. And then later he brought out a footstool for Rosie Perez, saying that that footstool is there in case Tom Cruise ever stops by for a visit. Hehe.

All right, so, it's like, 5 am now, so I'm going to be heading off to bed. Night, all *Waves*!

Angela

absolutely - if someone likes rap, go for it! variety is good!

so you have the Bermuda Triangle too...:lol: i swear there's one in my house too! and it may swallow socks... and everything else that comes to it's mind... and if ain't the Bermuda Triangle, then sometimes i think it's definitely the underpants gnomes like they had in South Park! best ever!!!

special orders for cute guys? suuure... would love that! I think i have to build a special room for the display :lol:
if i need to be an early bird to catch the super-cute merchandise guy eye-candy again, hell, i'd even line up days before... too bad they are just setting up the merchandise boot on the morning of the concert

:lol: after his couch-jumping scene in whatever talk-show (was it Oprah perhaps? or Leno?), Tom Cruise seems to bea subject of a lot of jokes...
in Jonathan Ross show i though he was just laughing way too much.. he needs to get himself together and make himself a more serious actor again! especially when talking about work! but otherwise i don't mind him being all merry...

Oooh I thought it was 14 november. :doh: Phail. Convenient how they just play around U2. :lol: December will be an awesome month for you.

Everything's good, very relaxed day off today. Though my dad is home, that ruins the fun a bit... but as long as he does his thing upstairs sitting at the computer playing solitaire all day I don't care. :shrug:

So how were the crowdies?

ETA wait wut? Why are you selling your Muse ticket?

Heheh... well, Muse and U2 dates overlap for some of the gigs - the second Muse show in Melb is the same date as one of the Sydney U2 dates, I think, and they're both playing in Perth on one of those dates, too. Quite a few people I know are unhappy that so many bands they like are touring at almost exactly the same time here!

Yay for days off! I had today off too, but back to work on Monday. At least I got all my laundry washed and dried today, it was lovely and warm. :drool:

Crowdies were awesome! They play requests from the crowd quite a lot, and they're always joking with each other onstage, or with the people up the front in the audience. The second Brisbane show was especially good, there were more full-on fans up the front dancing, where other nights when it was a seated floor, everyone stayed sitting until near the end. Sydney was GA though, so that was good. But that second Bris gig, they pulled out a lot of more obscure songs, I think cos they figured that since it didn't completely sell out, there would be more people there who knew the less-well-known stuff. They played pretty much all of my favourite Crowdies songs that night... :love:

</Crowdies fan rant> :giggle:

That's not my ticket I'm selling... I bought Muse tix for a few friends besides myself, but one of them can't make it now, so I'm trying to find someone who wants a shit seat for the first show. I don't think I'll have any luck! I might take it along on the night and see if there's anyone that desperate outside the venue.

hey, Ali & GG! :wave: and whomever else is around..
following around Crowded House?? the band? they still exist?

Well, more like they exist again. *L* They officially broke up in '96, I think, and then their drummer sadly passed away, but some time around 2006 the three surviving members got together again, recorded some stuff and decided to re-form with a new drummer. I never saw them in their earlier incarnation, but they put on a great show now, and I really like the most recent album.

Just found this pic in my vertigo tour folder. :lol: Haven't been in it for so long.

Bono really tries to get Edges attention a lot when he plays the Explorer. :hmm: Has any of you any clue what show this might be from? I'm trying to determine the song...

It looks like it's from the last leg of the tour, so that narrows it down a bit... I can tell you that Edge wore that shirt at the second Melb Vertigo show, but then he probably wore it quite often back then. Sorry I can't be more help!

Alisaura-okay, first Crowded House, next up U2 AND Muse? G*ddamn...

You do realize I hate you now, right :wink:? Seriously, though, hope you had a great time seeing Crowded House, hope Muse and U2 are just as equally awesome!

Yeah, crazy times... :D

I hope so too! It'll be a whole different brand of awesome, but hopefully awesome nonetheless. :up:

G'night Angela!

Yep, she's a cat. She was out on the back deck and I saw her look up at the roof and sort of suddenly realize she could get up there. :doh: I wouldn't worry too much about her being up there if it weren't for all the electric wires. I'll have to put something up to prevent a repeat acrobatic performance!

Oops... right species, wrong gender! She sounds like the adventurous sort...

I thought you might've liked it. :sexywink:

Seeing as what songs they played on that leg there's no obvious contender that has Edge sing a part where Bono's shut up, asides from Beautiful Day(the "daaay" before the last chorus). So I reckon that's it.

Enjoy your lunch. I should be grabbing some soon too. :hmm: Probably gonna make a super sandwich or something. Ham, cheese, lettuce, capsicum... whatever else I can find. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind putting a bit of BEdge there too. :wink: Want one too?

ah yeah, could be from Beautiful Day...
sure, I'll have one BEdge for lunch!!
your sandwich sounds way too delicious... argh, hungry:drool:.. really, i'm going to get some food now! see ya later! i'll be back!

btw - did you hear that South Park finally did the right thing and killed this Bieber-kid in their episode

:lol: I love South Park, although I've lost touch with it over the last few years.

Ooh, food... *goes to get bread and butter*

I may even add some Nutella... :drool:

PS: I bags not making the new thread... :reject:

Heheh... well, Muse and U2 dates overlap for some of the gigs - the second Muse show in Melb is the same date as one of the Sydney U2 dates, I think, and they're both playing in Perth on one of those dates, too. Quite a few people I know are unhappy that so many bands they like are touring at almost exactly the same time here!

Yay for days off! I had today off too, but back to work on Monday. At least I got all my laundry washed and dried today, it was lovely and warm. :drool:

Crowdies were awesome! They play requests from the crowd quite a lot, and they're always joking with each other onstage, or with the people up the front in the audience. The second Brisbane show was especially good, there were more full-on fans up the front dancing, where other nights when it was a seated floor, everyone stayed sitting until near the end. Sydney was GA though, so that was good. But that second Bris gig, they pulled out a lot of more obscure songs, I think cos they figured that since it didn't completely sell out, there would be more people there who knew the less-well-known stuff. They played pretty much all of my favourite Crowdies songs that night... :love:

</Crowdies fan rant> :giggle:

That's not my ticket I'm selling... I bought Muse tix for a few friends besides myself, but one of them can't make it now, so I'm trying to find someone who wants a shit seat for the first show. I don't think I'll have any luck! I might take it along on the night and see if there's anyone that desperate outside the venue.

Well, more like they exist again. *L* They officially broke up in '96, I think, and then their drummer sadly passed away, but some time around 2006 the three surviving members got together again, recorded some stuff and decided to re-form with a new drummer. I never saw them in their earlier incarnation, but they put on a great show now, and I really like the most recent album.

It looks like it's from the last leg of the tour, so that narrows it down a bit... I can tell you that Edge wore that shirt at the second Melb Vertigo show, but then he probably wore it quite often back then. Sorry I can't be more help!

Yeah, crazy times... :D

I hope so too! It'll be a whole different brand of awesome, but hopefully awesome nonetheless. :up:

G'night Angela!

Oh ouch, that's bad timing. :lol: Id' be pissed if I wanted to see both and the dates overlapped!

Wow they were SITTING down at a concert? :crack: That baffles me. How can you enjoy a concert sitting down? Sounds like you had a good time though, that's nice! :up:

Ahh, ok. :lol: was already wondering if I had to lecture you on how epically worth it would be to see Muse twice! We didn't even get two gigs here. :sad:
Usually there's desperate people outside the stadiums indeed, you could try second hand ticketing websites to sell it on or something?

yeah it is, seeing as Bono has short hair. :wink: That I already knew.

ah yeah, could be from Beautiful Day...
sure, I'll have one BEdge for lunch!!
your sandwich sounds way too delicious... argh, hungry:drool:.. really, i'm going to get some food now! see ya later! i'll be back!

btw - did you hear that South Park finally did the right thing and killed this Bieber-kid in their episode

:D I'll make you one then!

They did? OMG I HEART SOUTH PARK. :heart:

I need to watch that ep.

Oh ouch, that's bad timing. :lol: Id' be pissed if I wanted to see both and the dates overlapped!

Wow they were SITTING down at a concert? :crack: That baffles me. How can you enjoy a concert sitting down? Sounds like you had a good time though, that's nice! :up:

Ahh, ok. :lol: was already wondering if I had to lecture you on how epically worth it would be to see Muse twice! We didn't even get two gigs here. :sad:
Usually there's desperate people outside the stadiums indeed, you could try second hand ticketing websites to sell it on or something?

yeah it is, seeing as Bono has short hair. :wink: That I already knew.

Heh, yeah... I had someone from Perth telling me I should stick around after Perth I and see Muse the next night with them... and then Perth II went on sale for the same night. Oops!

Yeah, the whole sitting down thing baffles me too. It was weird... A couple of people stood up right at the start of the Melbourne show, and then I did too, but then someone in the seat next to me said she couldn't see so I sat down again (this is front row, mind you). Yes, I could have ignored her, but I'm too nice. *L*
But still, why would you stay sitting in the FRONT ROW?? If you want to sit in comfort and not get involved with a gig, buy the DVD and stay home. I dunno if Australian audiences are more sit-down-ish than other countries (well, I know you'd never get people sitting down in Latin America, or probably Europe either), but that's the way a lot of concert-goers here seem to think. Sigh!
But yeah, between Sydney and the second Brisbane show, I got enough standing and bopping done. *L*

Heh, no lecture necessary! I was especially keen to get tickets to the second Muse show, since I failed so badly with crappy tickets to the first one... second show we've got GA. :D Although I don't have that day off work, so no mosh pit for me!

Well yeah, I figured you did, but one day I might catch you out... :wink:

As for thread titles, I dunno what sort of jokes have been circulating, besides the obvious... I suppose there's already been a sandwich-related thread recently?

clear then! i thought they were a pretty decent band as far as i remember! should maybe look them up and give it a go again to see what are they up to nowadays :)

sorry that Muse and U2 are overlapping :(

:D I'll make you one then!

They did? OMG I HEART SOUTH PARK. :heart:

I need to watch that ep.

i love them too!! sometimes they piss me off, but mostly they just crack me up...

uh crap new thread. Uhm... ideas? Or should I make Jem happy with the "I want to break free" thread?

Guys? Anyone?

woohoo... back from my short lunch shopping! i'm now eating quark! and a cinnamon bun!

new thread... ummm... it's either something about IT breaking free or something with the stick :lol:

Back
Top Bottom