PGP...... We'd love Bono to snuggle up beside us on a cold winters' nite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm getting my mom trained about U2! :D she was at some college open house workshop thingy with a student & one activity the did was fill in the answers to a list of questions by asking people around the room.
1 of the questions was about some musicians form another country and she actually said U2! :D apparently the 2 people who she did it with had never heard of them :tsk:

she also recognized pride on some stores radio the other day without me saying anything :dance:

:happy:

:wink:

the rockin edge said:
yeah GG is coming :D I just wondered about anyone else :shifty: on the road trip:wink:

tre, it's tempting ... but I'm already doing the last Boston show and Cleveland in December. I can't make any more shows right now.

:(

But if they do stadiums in the summer ... and if I still work for my current employer and have weeks and weeks of vacation time ...

then watch out, it's road trip time. :wink:

:macdevil:

jobob said:

Shocking, isn't it? :ohmy:

I suppose it is possible in this day and age to not have heard of one of the world's most popular rock bands. But still. :eyebrow:

I know alot of people that seem to live inside cardboard boxes and would have no clue who U2 are (and if they saw something about them, think they were evil :evil:)

the rockin edge said:
:macdevil:

I know alot of people that seem to live inside cardboard boxes and would have no clue who U2 are (and if they saw something about them, think they were evil :evil:)

Yes, I know someone who behaves like that about U2. Yet he likes and listens to contemporary Christian music. He's one of those people who would probably like most of HTDAAB's lyrics if he didn't know who actually wrote them. But since he would "know" who wrote them, he doesn't want to or wouldn't want to hear it. It wouldn't be "Christian" enough for him.

:coocoo:

jobob said:

Yes, I know someone who behaves like that about U2. Yet he likes and listens to contemporary Christian music. He's one of those people who would probably like most of HTDAAB's lyrics if he didn't know who actually wrote them. But since he would "know" who wrote them, he doesn't want to or wouldn't want to hear it. It wouldn't be "Christian" enough for him.

:coocoo:

yep, sounds like the type of people I know.

to help them lighten up I should play things like mofo, acrobat & mysterious ways for them right? ;)

the rockin edge said:

yep, sounds like the type of people I know.

to help them lighten up I should play things like mofo, acrobat & mysterious ways for them right? ;)

Oh, yeah. Absolutely perfect song choices. :wink:

tre, you don't like hiphop?

'cause, sending our little discussion off onto a tangent, Kanye West says in "Jesus Walks" (a song I love, BTW), that mentioning Jesus was the way not to get his song played on the radio* ....

... and it became his first big crossover hit.

*Sure, Kanye, tell it to Bono. Or a bunch of other rock stars who've had hits either naming or hinting at the Almighty -- and not only in vain.

jobob said:
tre, you don't like hiphop?

*Sure, Kanye, tell it to Bono. Or a bunch of other rock stars who've had hits either naming or hinting at the Almighty -- and not only in vain.

:yes: ever heard of yahweh (or countless other songs):lol:

not a big fan of most that i've heard:wink:

he's opening in STL :shrug:

Diane L said:
I'm going to go to bed now...I'm starting to cough a lot again. I hope this goes away by Monday...

:hug: :wave:

Bye, Diane! :hug:

And check the expiration dates on your cough and cold medicine! I found out this week mine's all expired.

I'm going to go stock up at Target tomorrow before cold and flu season starts. :wink:

Edit: I gotta go; I have to do something before I go to bed ... :wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom