PGP...... We'd love Bono to snuggle up beside us on a cold winters' nite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!!! There are people here! :eek: *Rubs eyes in shock* :giggle:

It's been dead here all nite so far :huh: :( mind you, i'm going off to have my dinner shortly, ironic eh girls?! :wink:

I'm sad to hear you can't get tix Sami&sorry about your dad being horrid to you :sad: :hug:

That's a big smilie SG!!!! :D

Sad_Girl said:
Ain't Nobody here but us chickens

3.gif

:lol:

Little update on the lack of heatage and hot water situation - Maria (the lady at the property management company) told me on Thurs that she'd got the second estimate for the furnace and sent it off to the bank's lawyers, and that she was expecting to hear from them on Friday. She also told me to call her on Friday... Well, I gave her until afternoon break (around 3:45) to call me first, then I called, and the lady who answered the phone said she was gone for the day and if I wanted to leave a voicemail (which I did). Maria's voicemail said she was out of the office that day...

So I went out last night and came home, and since it was pretty late I decided to wait until I was back from my crochet guild meeting to check my messages, just in case she'd left one here. Well, she didn't! So I called the lawyers' office and left a message on the voicemail of the assistant of the guy who I've been getting the paperwork from, saying that I just wanted to know if they did indeed receive the estimates and the status... I also mentioned that I haven't had heat at all, and the fact that the little portable heater they'd (Veranova, not the lawyers) bought for me on Thurs was only 8" tall by 5" wide and 5" deep, and that it wasn't really doing all that much. I also mentioned that I've been without hot water since the 11th, and that I'd mentioned it to Maria on the 14th, and about the Direct Energy guy redtagging the water tank (or whatever it's called), and that until something got done about the furnace nothing could be done about the hot water because of chimney debris (which is what I was told). I said that I'd really like to have heat and hot water even though I'm moving at the end of the month, and if it couldn't be fixed by then that I'd like compensation for it. I asked the person to call me back at work on Monday.

So here's hoping either they fix it or I get money for this!

...okay, maybe it wasn't such a "little" update :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
What nights are they in NYC, Monday and Tuesday? There should be a drop on the day of :hug: and no, prices will go up until the last minute, I'm sure :heart:

yeah, Monday and Tuesday. Do you think there will be a drop on TM or I'll have to go? :hmm: Now to convince my mom to let me wait there all day alone :uhoh:

FlyYourKite said:
:yikes: Hopefully you'll get some answers about your water situation soon Drea! Living without hot water would not be very fun. :|

No it isn't... and it just added on to the lack-of-fun-ness of having no heat! :madspit:

Drea - I cannot believe they're giving you such a runaround about this! :grumpy: What a pain in the as. You deserve to be compensated for all of this, or at least to have it taken care of ASAP

Bye Susan, Enjoy your dinner :wave:

BB - I'm not sure we've met :scratch: and if we have it was awhile ago, and I have a crap memory.... :reject: so Hello :wave: :laugh:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Hi girls :hug: :heart:

Fly, I'm so sorry about your friend. :( But hopefully it will all turn out alright. We're all here for you hun. :hug:

Hi Bri! :hug: And thanks. :) I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful even though it's really scary.

Basically she's had these weird fainting spells throughout her life that nobody ever really thought anything of. In chemistry back in Grade 12 she passed out even though she was sitting down which we all thought was worrisome. But she got everything checked out and no one found anything.

Apparently she had been having really bad headaches recently which prompted her to get things looked at again. This time, they found a tumour and according to the doctor it would have had to been growing for at least ten years considering the size. :| So why they didn't find anything before is beyond me.

sami0201 said:

yeah, Monday and Tuesday. Do you think there will be a drop on TM or I'll have to go? :hmm: Now to convince my mom to let me wait there all day alone :uhoh:

I was thinking of the box office, Sami - I don't know how ticketmaster works on the day of :shrug: ask around though, I haven't got much experience with the ticket drops

Hi Bri! :hug:

It's nice to see the party coming to life, even though I have to go again in a minute :slant:

FlyYourKite said:

Hi Bri! :hug: And thanks. :) I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful even though it's really scary.

Basically she's had these weird fainting spells throughout her life that nobody ever really thought anything of. In chemistry back in Grade 12 she passed out even though she was sitting down which we all thought was worrisome. But she got everything checked out and no one found anything.

Apparently she had been having really bad headaches recently which prompted her to get things looked at again. This time, they found a tumour and according to the doctor it would have had to been growing for at least ten years considering the size. :| So why they didn't find anything before is beyond me.

Tumours and all that are always very scary stuff, but they aren't always as terrible as we immediatly assume them to be. And you said she's getting surgery right? That's already a good sign. :hug:
And I don't know alot about diagnosing tumours, but I remeber last year we had this guy come talk to us about breast cancer, and he was saying how difficult it is to spot them sometimes, despite all the improvements in technology. And it's not uncommon for them to escape detection until the are very large or start causing problems.

Enjoy dinner Susan. :hug:

Dazzling Amy, I *do* remember you, and I hope you get to a show! :hug:

SG :hug: :love:

Ughhh better go and see what my munchikin niece is into this time,lol. Last time I found her in my room waiting for me to turn my cd player on,lol. Have proudly introduced her to U2 and taught her how to say Bono,hehe. Perhaps a future PLEBAN in training? :hmm:

:yes: Fly, hopefully everything will work out fine. I'm sure it's no consolation to you, but my cousin's cousin is 13 and she's had recurring brain tumors all her life :( Luckily they've never been cancerous, but obviously you need them taken out. I'd say she's had at least 4-5 brain surgeries to remove them and she's recovered from every one :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Tumours and all that are always very scary stuff, but they aren't always as terrible as we immediatly assume them to be. And you said she's getting surgery right? That's already a good sign. :hug:
And I don't know alot about diagnosing tumours, but I remeber last year we had this guy come talk to us about breast cancer, and he was saying how difficult it is to spot them sometimes, despite all the improvements in technology. And it's not uncommon for them to escape detection until the are very large or start causing problems.

Yeah the fact that they're deciding to do surgery has got to be a plus in itself. :hug: I don't really know much about tumours apart from what we've studied related to neoplasia and cell proliferation...I just hope it's not one of the nasty ones. And you're right, they're usually not detected until symptoms appear and by that time they're huge. But it's just frustrating to think it was growing all along and something could have been done years ago. From what I understand the tumour itself isn't malignant, it's just producing these undesirable symptoms...but the surgery itself is the risky thing to try and remove it without damaging all the good stuff around it.

Wow Sami, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin! But that's great news that she's recovered from all of them. That will certainly give my friend hope, thanks :hug:

Back
Top Bottom