PGP~ We still haven't found what we're looking for-- timtams AND "the Boys"! ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drea said:
Not till you pointed it out :lol: You must've just changed it in the last little bit :wink:

I just found out tonight he'll be here the first full week of September (to stay for two weeks :happy: ) - he just has to finalize his plans with work and such before he can get a ticket, but he got prices and stuff today :hyper:

I noticed your location, SG. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

I just found out tonight he'll be here the first full week of September (to stay for two weeks :happy: ) - he just has to finalize his plans with work and such before he can get a ticket, but he got prices and stuff today :hyper:

Excellent! I'm happy for you. :wink:

Seeya VP! :wave:

Yay SG! 26 weeks isn't that long... :wink:
Dang, I was going to look thru my music for some freedom songs... I think there were a couple by Australian bands that came to mind.

Jo :hug: I hope the doctor can make the migraines go away... :(

Jo :hug: My Sister in law had a really hard time with migraines for awhile - I think they ended up saying it was her birth control pills which caused them - but whatever it was, she hasn't suffered from them in a long time. so don't lose hope, keep working to figure out what's causing them :yes:

Ali if you have any suggestions, I'm always open to them - I love new music (new to me, at least :wink: )

Aww :sad: Bye VP :hug: I miss you!

Last edited:
SG, thanks. :hug:

I am going to keep trying to figure out what the problem is. And I'm becoming miserable. :insert achy smilie:

Plus, I almost broke one of my little toes Friday night. :ohmy: So it really wasn't my weekend.

Alisaura said:

Dammit, I'm remembering why I gave up on my Masters... this sort of research isn't supposed to be this hard! :mad:

:wink:

Heh heh :shifty: Hard Edge research :shifty: heh heh

Jo! :yikes: it sounds like you should be glad the weekend is over :wink: :hug:

Alisaura said:

Dammit, I'm remembering why I gave up on my Masters... this sort of research isn't supposed to be this hard! :mad:

:wink:

:lmao:

... because I remember just how hard I studied for my masters degree. A degree which I even use sometimes. :yes:

jobob said:

... because I remember just how hard I studied for my masters degree. A degree which I even use sometimes. :yes:

*jealous*! I have a geology degree, and I started a Masters in Palaeontology, cos that's where I thought I wanted to go... but I like dinosaurs, and they gave me a project about molluscs. Now, I'm not knocking molluscs, I've seen some old threads here where you all seem to be enjoying clams a great deal :)ohmy: ), but I'm afraid that even fossilised molluscs don't captivate me enough to study them for 3 years. :|

And shame on you, SG... :lol:

Alisaura said:

*jealous*! I have a geology degree, and I started a Masters in Palaeontology, cos that's where I thought I wanted to go... but I like dinosaurs, and they gave me a project about molluscs.

You couldn't go to your advisor and say: "Excuse me, I wanted to study dinosaurs!?" :confused:

jobob said:

You couldn't go to your advisor and say: "Excuse me, I wanted to study dinosaurs!?" :confused:

Dinosaur bones are not common in Australia, and dinosaur research tends to be done by the very few established palaeontologists we have in the country (three of whom I know, and they're all American!). It's not a big field here at all, you have to fight tooth and nail for every palaeo grant. Most of the fossils in Australia are either invertebrate, or more recent and mammalian. And there are very very few opportunities for employment in palaeo anyway, even if you like peering at pollen through a microscope and wanted to work for an oil company. Which I don't. :lol:

I'm not even sure dinosaurs would have fascinated me enough to have stuck with the Masters... I just lost enthusiasm for pretty much everything that year. :|

That sucks Ali :( damn Americans coming in and hogging all the good jobs, anyway :madwife: :wink:

It really does suck to have something you're really interested in turn out to be so inaccessible

jobob said:
Oh, I didn't know all that, Ali. Sorry. :eek: I just thought you'd have more of a choice in the matter of what you could study.

No worries, like you say, you didn't know. And it's all in the past anyway. :D I really should get back in touch with those people at Uni... :hmm:

I still don't know what I'd be interested in enough to make an enjoyable career out of it, as opposed to just a series of jobs. All I do know is that I don't want to keep doing my current job forever! (Which is a billing consultant.... booooring.) :wink:

12.gif

*tumbleweeds*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom