PGP~ We still haven't found what we're looking for-- timtams AND "the Boys"! ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wasn't impressed. Although the colourful buildings with the geometric patterns held a weird '70's appeal for me, she didn't like them - said they were tacky. :lol:

We did a bus tour of the campus, and the most interesting thing to me was the accent of the kid who was acting as tour guide. I could have listened to him speak all day. :drool: I later found out that he's Spanish. In a practical sense, it never would have worked, though. His upper arms were about as big around as my thumbs. Skinny mofo. :yikes:

It's really easy to get to, though...403 to the 407, and then just a few blocks south on Keele. I think it took about an hour and 15 minutes to get there.

She's doing really well, thanks! :) As far as the surgery goes, her recovery has been amazing...no pain, she's getting around just fine, pretty much back to her normal activities. And we finally got her cardiac medication issues straightened out last week, so that's good.

:lol: Well, you have to take in the scenery... :wink:

Besides, nothing wrong with checking out the guys your daughter could possibly be associating with :lol: Just as long as you don't hit on them *g*

VintagePunk said:
We watched a fencing display, and then talked to a couple of members of the fencing team. I resisted, and didn't even make comments about the size of their weapons. :angel: :wink:

:lol: I'm impressed - though if I know you, you were thinking it :giggle:

So hitting on them's wrong? :( :wink:

The entire tour just seemed really disorganized. I think it would be easier to get in touch with people she/I know that go to the schools, meet up with them, and say "okay, show me the important places, what I need to see."

If we could get in touch with Fly, we know people at all of the remaining schools she needs to see.

She does know a couple of others who go to western, but they're both people she doesn't like. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
So hitting on them's wrong? :( :wink:

The entire tour just seemed really disorganized. I think it would be easier to get in touch with people she/I know that go to the schools, meet up with them, and say "okay, show me the important places, what I need to see."

If we could get in touch with Fly, we know people at all of the remaining schools she needs to see.

She does know a couple of others who go to western, but they're both people she doesn't like. :lol:

:lol: My only comment on Western - besides the fact that the running joke at my high school was about it being a massive snob school - is that it's sad when a busload of fans from another school can outdo their fans in their fieldhouse for PLAYOFFS :wink: (Not to mention the stands are ridiculously far away from the court! It's *basketball* for God's sake, not theatre! :lol: )

Drea said:

:lol: My only comment on Western - besides the fact that the running joke at my high school was about it being a massive snob school - is that it's sad when a busload of fans from another school can outdo their fans in their fieldhouse for PLAYOFFS :wink: (Not to mention the stands are ridiculously far away from the court! It's *basketball* for God's sake, not theatre! :lol: )

Yeah, I heard the same thing about Western - the snob thing. I told Sarah she'll fit in well there. :wink: Plus, we have some family in London, and a ton just outside in St. Thomas, so there could be worse things than her ending up there.

Hi Ali :wave: Thanks. :)

Hi SG, Jo :hug:

It wasn't so much the time change. I haven't been feeling well this weekend. :( Remind me to call my doctor tomorrow morning.

<-- sick of seeing doctors.

jobob said:
I wish it weren't Sunday night already. :| My weekend went by too fast and I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow morning. :|

:hug: I hate how time speeds up on weekends.
Subjective time :madwife:

*is conducting some Edgeasaurus research for BRI* ... If I can find the right photos, I will have incontrovertible proof that he really is from another planet... :nerd:

Thanks, SG. :hug: I'll spare everyone the details.

Anyway, moving right along, I couldn't think of any "freedom" songs for your CD mix from my collection. Sorry. :(

jobob said:
It wasn't so much the time change. I haven't been feeling well this weekend. :( Remind me to call my doctor tomorrow morning.

<-- sick of seeing doctors.

What's wrong? :(

We both thought we were coming down with something yesterday, but then I slept a crazy amount of hours last night, and I'm feeling fine today. :up:

Alisaura said:
*is conducting some Edgeasaurus research for BRI* ... If I can find the right photos, I will have incontrovertible proof that he really is from another planet... :nerd:

<-- Sits on edge of seat :giggle: waiting for the proof. :hyper:

jobob said:
Thanks, SG. :hug: I'll spare everyone the details.

Anyway, moving right along, I couldn't think of any "freedom" songs for your CD mix from my collection. Sorry. :(

That's ok - I have plenty of songs for it. It wasn't a particularly important CD anyway - I've already moved on - it's all technical details now :wink:

If you feel the need to talk I'm always just a PM away :hug:

< anyone notice my location, by the way? :hyper:

VintagePunk said:

What's wrong? :(

We both thought we were coming down with something yesterday, but then I slept a crazy amount of hours last night, and I'm feeling fine today. :up:

I keep having migranes. :scream: At first I thought they were due to stress and tension at work. Now I think they're a side effect of a medication I just started taking. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom