PGP: We like our Rock Stars Wet.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can't teach an old dog, and all that. But I'm trying!
I'm on my third laptop, and it's the 1st one to have a keypad.

I need to go back and read Zooey's post, but if it's what I think it is, YAY!!!

Yeah, the old one had been on its way out for a while now, but I was hoping it would hold out for another month or two. It went suddenly so I wasn't able to get my stuff off of it, but I'm pretty sure the hard drive is fine, I just have to pick up a hard drive enclosure, and I should be able to take it out of the old laptop and get my stuff. If something happens that I can't, you'll be able to hear my meltdown from BC. :lol:

harddrive enclosures, ftw! *uses those a lot, because the external harddrive companies can't make one that works* :shifty:

um... y'all... i just got this email from the Associate Artistic Director of our local theatre company:
"Are you free to chat sometime soon? I may be in the market for a new education director and wanted to hear your thoughts."

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :faint:

OMG, SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!

Would you be able to take a hit financially for a year or so? Definitely go and talk to him though, the numbers he can come up with might surprise you.

Omg, SO excited for you!! :hug:

I'm on my third laptop, and it's the 1st one to have a keypad.

harddrive enclosures, ftw! *uses those a lot, because the external harddrive companies can't make one that works* :shifty:

I can't even remember what number I'm on. 5th? 6th? In fairness though, the first few were crap, and couldn't even connect to the internet. :lol: Got my first one in 2000, I think. I had a desktop as well though, but somewhere in the past year or two, that crapped out as well.

oh, and :wave: to VP and the others who are in here and congrats on the new laptop.

Thanks. I'm not sure that I'm in the stage where I want congratulations. I'm more in the "I WANT MY OLD FAMILIAR SETUP BACK! :scream: " stage. :lol:

OMG, SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!

Would you be able to take a hit financially for a year or so? Definitely go and talk to him though, the numbers he can come up with might surprise you.

Omg, SO excited for you!! :hug:

Yeah, I don't know. This bonus would be HAAAAARDD to turn down. I wonder if I could work for him part time this year... But yeah, I'm going to try to meet with him Monday or Tuesday. I also responded that I'm free all weekend (I have no qualms about looking EAGER with him!)

:gah:

Why is LiveJournal not working?!?

Are you a fanfic addict now? :wink:

Hi, VP! :)

Here in Seattle, I am eating myself out of house and home.

OM NOM NOM BRING ME MORE FOOD!!!!!

Yeah, I don't know. This bonus would be HAAAAARDD to turn down. I wonder if I could work for him part time this year... But yeah, I'm going to try to meet with him Monday or Tuesday. I also responded that I'm free all weekend (I have no qualms about looking EAGER with him!)
It would be amazing if you could work part time!
(why, is he cute? :wink:)

Are you a fanfic addict now? :wink:
Not only that, but I right in the middle of a rather interesting one. DAMMIT.

Hi, VP! :)

Here in Seattle, I am eating myself out of house and home.

OM NOM NOM BRING ME MORE FOOD!!!!!
Chips and salsa? :shifty:

And as far as enclosures go, I have one, and it's got my hard drive from...3 laptops ago in it. But six months ago, I realized I needed something from my hard drive from two laptops ago, and tried to put that into the enclosure, only to find out that there are two kinds of hard drives and enclosures, and that hard drive wouldn't fit, I needed the other kind. I have no idea what my most recent laptop hard drive needs. I'm going to use this one for a bit and decide if I'm keeping it before I take the old one apart and see what kind of enclosure it needs. I can return this one in the next two weeks if I don't like it. But for the price, I got a good deal. Decent processor and graphics, 500 gig hd and 6 gigs of ram.

Pita chips and hummus.

Or maybe pita chips and Nutella.

I also have chocolate frosting.

SOMEBODY SAVE ME.

I know what you mean. I think I gained at least 5lbs this summer. Just signed up for my 1st big fall race... I'm just hoping not to be SLOWER than last season. :rolleyes:

I have a seven mile race next Sunday. Last time I ran? July 24th. I need to run this Sunday at least 6 miles. Will not having a PR for this one. I am so screwed.

That's how I was when we first got a Mac 4 or 5 years ago.

How's your job?

Things are good, thanks! 4 months in (and they said it was a 6 month learning curve) I feel like I'm settled in. I'm running into things that my supervisor doesn't even know, so I'm having to go ask the manager, or other people. :lol: But with this kind of job, so many weird, quirky, unknown situations pop up that it's impossible to know how to deal with every one, and sometimes you feel like you're flailing, but the awesome thing is, everyone knows this, and so no one ever makes you feel dumb for not knowing something.

I did run into a weird coworker situation a few weeks back, but that's all been sorted, and things are back to great on that front, too.

Now if only they paid me what I'm worth... :grumpy:

Thanks for asking!

Hey cori, glad you had a good time in Moncton!

:gah:

Why is LiveJournal not working?!?

I know. I knew something was off when my friends page went back only 2 pages. I don't have many 'real life' friends that post there anymore, but I have tons of crap friends/groups that post all the time. And I was getting ready to contribute. Ah well.

I know. I knew something was off when my friends page went back only 2 pages. I don't have many 'real life' friends that post there anymore, but I have tons of crap friends/groups that post all the time. And I was getting ready to contribute. Ah well.

I finished Lost Highway :)drool:), and was about to begin chapter 14 of Everything You Know Is Wrong when it crapped out!

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:!!!

I've missed you guys so much (and you all probably didn't even realize I was gone, ha!) but omg, I had the trembles for twitter! :lol: It's like twitter has become my connection to the world, and I didn't even realize it! That's where I get all my (non-U2) news from!

Pretty much. The concert? Exhilarating! Everything else = :crack: + :crazy: + :panic:

:lol: Yeah, that''s what it sounded like. If you had to do it over again knowing what you do now, would you?

screw LJ for tonight. :angry:

I missed you. :sad:

Aw, thanks! :hug: And when I first typed that, it was "Se, thanks!" Think left... :lol:

That about sums it up. Amazing time. Amazing show. My photos of the mofo night.
Moncton - the last show pictures by punkroxmum - Photobucket

Oh yay, can't wait to see (or drr :der: ) your yummy pics! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom