PGP: We like our Rock Stars Wet.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were 2 threads, and they merged them. This is the thread Grace started. Notice no ? at the end of the title now? It took long enough though!

Don't feel dumb! I saw when I went to click on the thread that it said Grace's name as the one who started it!:hug:

:ohmy: Is.... he stripping?

Oh LOL I just explained this in the tour thread for ya, did ya see it or should I explain again? :lol:
Anyway, we were worried about him that night with the heat exhaustion thing. He said he felt faint more than once, and his assistants even came out a couple times to check on him. I remember once he just walked back to his amp by Larry and was doubled over for awhile and 2 of them ran out and were huddled over him for a while talking and giving him water. He actually had to leave stage a couple times to change his sweat soaked shirts, once in the middle of introducing Stay when Edge looked kind of surprised that he had to take over. Ok I guess I just explained it again. :reject:

hey guys :wave:

There were 2 threads, and they merged them. This is the thread Grace started. Notice no ? at the end of the title now? It took long enough though!

Ahhh, yay for the explanation! :D I totally didn't notice that at all. :giggle:

Man, this day is MUCH busier than I anticipated. :crack: :lol: So many loose ends that need to be tied up before I go away. I think the afternoon should be quieter, though - fingers crossed!

Man that must've been hard on him, especially because he normally already sweats like an otter! :( Poor B.

Yeah we were genuinely worried about him! He doesn't normally tell the audience he isn't feeling well because of the heat I don't think, so it worried us! I have 2 pics of once when he stopped singing and just hung on the mic, but they aren't resized yet. :reject:

Yeah we were genuinely worried about him! He doesn't normally tell the audience he isn't feeling well because of the heat I don't think, so it worried us! I have 2 pics of once when he stopped singing and just hung on the mic, but they aren't resized yet. :reject:

Yeah in I think San Sebastian he wasn't feeling well either, apparently throwing back lots of water and pills and doubling over a couple of times with stomach pains, yet he didn't stop there!

Yeah in I think San Sebastian he wasn't feeling well either, apparently throwing back lots of water and pills and doubling over a couple of times with stomach pains, yet he didn't stop there!

He never stops, he's freakin amazing! :ohmy: :cute:
Thanks about my pics tho Gg, I got the message on FB and wasn't sure you were talking to me or not about the camera settings? Or do you mean Chelsea? I'm sure you see a big difference in her and my pics. :lol:
For my pics I set the ISO on 400 and just let the camera do the rest according to lighting. It usually wants to put the shutter speed around 80 and the app around 3.5, but when the lighting changes, the camera adjusts and I never paid any attention to it, I just pointed and shot.
Now with Chelsea's camera I'll have to ask her, because I have no idea how she got this!

bonomonctoncloseup.jpg

Except that her camera is a lot more expensive than mine! :lol: (This is a WAY reduced quality pic too so I could upload it to PB! The original hi-res is scary insane clear! :ohmy: But if you ever want to examine the inside of one of Bono's pores, well yeah. :wink:)

It was to you as I figure you're more likely to have a similar camera to me. :wink: I expect your daughter to have more expensive taste.

:bow: Still awesome though. And thanks for the info. What camera do you use?

She actually GAVE me her old camera on the trip. When she met us for Moncton she told me I could keep her camera I had borrowed for the trip! Yay!!! it's a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2O, with a 10x zoom. She did some research before the 2009 shows and she decided this was the best camera for concerts that is still allowed in (legally) as it's a point and shoot. Remember those pics I just posted from NY are from OUTER rail and the guys are on the main stage in most of those so you can see it's a pretty good zoom for a point and shoot!
Now Chelsea's other camera that took the shot above, NOT concert legal :shifty: but security at Moncton could care less in the rain and zillions of people going in, so she got lucky. For that show though we were way on Adams side so most of her pics are Adam-centric. :wink:

She actually GAVE me her old camera on the trip. When she met us for Moncton she told me I could keep her camera I had borrowed for the trip! Yay!!! it's a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2O, with a 10x zoom. She did some research before the 2009 shows and she decided this was the best camera for concerts that is still allowed in (legally) as it's a point and shoot. Remember those pics I just posted from NY are from OUTER rail and the guys are on the main stage in most of those so you can see it's a pretty good zoom for a point and shoot!
Now Chelsea's other camera that took the shot above, NOT concert legal :shifty: but security at Moncton could care less in the rain and zillions of people going in, so she got lucky. For that show though we were way on Adams side so most of her pics are Adam-centric. :wink:

Man that's a great gift! Sounds like a brilliant camera! :bow: I've tried experimenting with the settings on mine a bit but I couldn't get it right this time. :( I missed Joyce the camera guru to fix it up right. All I knew was how to fix the brightness, but the shutter speed and stuff I couldn't remember. So most came out not focussed.

:shifty: Did you get any shots of Bono with his shirt open?

Aw thanks Wild :hug: Chelsea actually DOES hope to be called pro someday! Right now though money limits her camera choices. :wink:

Gg I didn't get any when he changed his shirts. :grumpy: He hid in the back for that so maybe someone behind stage will come up with those. I'll have to wait and see all Chelsea's pics too, but we were under Adam for her show so not easy to capture the Bono chest there. I think Amy did a good job with that though! :sexywink:

:yawn: Bedtime for me. Work tomorrow morning. Not sure yet what I'm gonna do the rest of the day. Probably finish some data analysis for lab or something.

Back
Top Bottom