PGP-We crossed the line...the boys pushed us over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzlingamy said:
there is just so many beautiful chocolate out there! ahahahaha

I love reeses pieces! I remember the first time we went on a trip to the states we stopped in honolulu and i was hungry and got some from the vending machine. omg.
YUM! they are so expensive here because of being imported so last time i was in new york the drug store had these big packets for 99 cents and i bought 20 of them for my boyfriend (he adores them) I think he liked that better then anything else i bought him! hahahah

I don't like Reeses Pieces....but I love the regular peanut butter cups :drool:

I was listening to Hung Up, but now I'm watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kfoMZ1pwXQ :combust:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I really like her recent stuff (Since Ray of Light really)
Same. My brother is about as obsessed with Madonna as I am with U2, so I've heard pretty much everything she's ever done. I like a few of her older songs, but I only really really like everything from Ray of Light onward :up:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Nice :up:

I really like her recent stuff (Since Ray of Light really)

"Ray of Light" is my second fav. album (after "HTDAAB") It's a masterpiece, IMO. One of the all-time greatest. I love every album of hers though, there's only a few songs (like U2) that I can think of that I don't love.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I was listening to Hung Up, but now I'm watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kfoMZ1pwXQ :combust:

Same. My brother is about as obsessed with Madonna as I am with U2, so I've heard pretty much everything she's ever done. I like a few of her older songs, but I only really really like everything from Ray of Light onward :up:

Did you watch the "Confessions" tour on NBC? The DVD comes out January 22nd:drool: I can't wait! My favs. from the show are "Live To Tell" and "Issac", but the whole thing was amazing! I've never seen anything like that...the woman can put on a damn good show! And her playing the electric guitar on "I Love New York":rockon:

U2isthebest said:

"Ray of Light" is my second fav. album (after "HTDAAB") It's a masterpiece, IMO. One of the all-time greatest. I love every album of hers though, there's only a few songs (like U2) that I can think of that I don't love.

Ray of Light is my favorite non-U2 album. It's also one of the few albums that I'll listen to fully (from front to back I mean)....Achtung Baby comes as a close second....but I don't like four of the songs on that album :D

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Ray of Light is my favorite non-U2 album. It's also one of the few albums that I'll listen to fully (from front to back I mean)....Achtung Baby comes as a close second....but I don't like four of the songs on that album :D

You don't like songs on "AB"? :ohmy: Which ones?

Yea I did! And since then I've rewatched the whole thing on tape once (my brother recorded it, of course) and on YouTube too. Madonna playing a Gibson Les Paul still weirds me out! I mean, she played acoustic on the Reinvention tour, but that was different :tongue: I'm just not used to seeing her rocking out. I think besides Like A Virgin, my favourite performances were Forbidden Love, Live to Tell, Isaac, and Like it or Not.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Yea I did! And since then I've rewatched the whole thing on tape once (my brother recorded it, of course) and on YouTube too. Madonna playing a Gibson Les Paul still weirds me out! I mean, she played acoustic on the Reinvention tour, but that was different :tongue: I'm just not used to seeing her rocking out. I think besides Like A Virgin, my favourite performances were Forbidden Love, Live to Tell, Isaac, and Like it or Not.

Oh yeah!! Those were all amazing too! I'm actually listening to "Nothing Fails" right now...one of my favs of hers. I loved her playing that on acoustic for RIT. She's quite good on them, I was surprised in a good way!:drool:

I would have to say my Top 10 Madonna songs are
1, Live To Tell (my fav. tied w/ISHFWILF)
2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love
3. Swim
4. Nothing Fails
5. Promise To Try :)sad: )
6. Like A Flower (a song from ROL sessions, originally supposed to be the title song..some of her best lyrics, IMO)
7. Like A Prayer
8. Spanish Eyes
9. Bad Girl
10. This Used To Be My Playground

DreamOutLoud13 said:
My favourite Madonna song is X-Static Process, I kinda doubt she actually meant the song in a religious manner, but that's how I take it, and that's why it's special to me :heart:

"American Life" is my 2nd fav. album of hers after "ROL" I'm actually listening to X-Static Process right now!:ohmy:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

So Cruel, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), Acrobat and Love is Blindness

Wow!! I love all of those, especially "LIB"...some of Bono's best lyrics, IMO:drool: The only U2 songs I don't like are "Mothers" "Miami" "Velvet Dress" and "New York"

I'm listening to it right now too! :ohmy:

And I like your list of 10, but I can't stand This Used To Be My Playground :barf: I dunno why I hate it so much either :shrug:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
So Cruel, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), Acrobat and Love is Blindness

I hated So Cruel the first time I heard it, but then I actually payed attention to the lyrics and I went "ooooh :giggle:" and started liking it. Ultra Violet took forever to grow on me, but now it's one of my favourites, and I've always liked Acrobat and Love is Blindness.

I'd probably be considered to be weird though for not liking Beautiful Day :reject:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

And I like your list of 10, but I can't stand This Used To Be My Playground :barf: I dunno why I hate it so much either :shrug:

I hated So Cruel the first time I heard it, but then I actually payed attention to the lyrics and I went "ooooh :giggle:" and started liking it. Ultra Violet took forever to grow on me, but now it's one of my favourites, and I've always liked Acrobat and Love is Blindness.

I'd probably be considered to be weird though for not liking Beautiful Day :reject:

I neither like them nor hate them....so it could change for me :shrug:

Don't worry about not liking BD....it's one of those overplayed songs :D :hug:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

That's ok! People think I'm weird for not liking "Human Nature" or "Erotica", though strangely, I love the "Erotica/You Thrill Me" mix. As for "BD" I don't see how ya can't love it , but to each their own!

Miami is sexy (and it's going to be featured in my next signature banner!) and Velvet Dress is sensual. I don't think you're listening well enough :wink:
I never got into Mothers very well because I like Exit so much that I find Mothers hard to listen to after it. New York is a bit atrotious though :lol:

U2isthebest said:

That's ok! People think I'm weird for not liking "Human Nature" or "Erotica", though strangely, I love the "Erotica/You Thrill Me" mix. As for "BD" I don't see how ya can't love it , but to each their own!

Ew....a lot of people like those two songs? Erotica is gross and I think Human Nature is a bit too cocky in some parts :tsk:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Ew....a lot of people like those two songs? Erotica is gross and I think Human Nature is a bit too cocky in some parts :tsk:

Most Madonna fans love them. I agree about "Human Nature" I think "Don't Tell Me" and "Like It Or Not" have the same theme, but they show how much Madonna's matured since the days she wrote that one. As for "Erotica" I personally don't care for the lyrics either, but "Erotica/You Thrill Me" remix is awesome!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom