PGP: We are motherf*cking ADULTS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guess who just had a black Edun scarf delivered to her desk? :hyper:

It's lovely, although much longer than I thought it would be!

Sweet!! :hyper: I'm not going to get home until quite late tonight, but hopefully it will be in my mailbox when I get there. Although knowing the mail system here, it will probably won't arrive until next week.

But that's great news! Gives me hope mine is on its way too. :D

Guess who just had a black Edun scarf delivered to her desk? :hyper:

It's lovely, although much longer than I thought it would be!

:ohmy: cool! another pleased customer :) i think it's nice that a scarf is long, usually they are too short!
now, raise your hand if you don't own Edun scarf and haven't ordered one- :wave:

and I still didn't get my U2 by U2 book today:angry: I'm getting slightly worried over it, it's been already 1,5 weeks and it should come from quite close...

Ok that's really weird. Then why was mine all sold out. :hmm: Did yours come from the US by chance?

Ayup, it says Edun Americas, and a New Jersey address.

I'm so excited - Zoo Station is coming back to town tomorrow night! I had SUCH an awesome time at their June show, so I have very high expectations for another rowdy night of acting ridiculous and dancing/jumping so hard my calves were sore for days.

I'm so excited - Zoo Station is coming back to town tomorrow night! I had SUCH an awesome time at their June show, so I have very high expectations for another rowdy night of acting ridiculous and dancing/jumping so hard my calves were sore for days.

Hm, that's interesting. Mine came from Limmerick! So perhaps the EU part is all sold out and the US adress has some left.

Have fun! :up: I wish it had worked for me to come down this weekend.

Speaking of Seattle, I'm going to be there for Thanksgiving. Huzzah! I missed out on last years' festivities, so I'm glad that it's going to work for me to be there this year. :D

What time is it in the world?
I came across this beauty on my shopping round earlier this evening. ;)
35091.jpg

How is everyone?:wave:

Hi simon :wave:

cori> :hyper: yay on getting your Edun scarf and seeing ZS tomorrow! Sweeet!

Thora> yay on Seattle trip and your parents visiting you ar work!

Hi dazz! :wave:

:ohmy: The Edun scarf? I'd like one too, but they're quite pricey. Besides, don't they just sell the newer green/grey ones right now? Haven't seen the Bono Black version around for a while.

dg >>

If you're still going to see Muse > are you still coming into NYC?
It would be a lower priced place-- but I could take you to lunch if that would be part of having less $$ holding you back, and not visiting NYC.

I was only on the net downtown for a littlle whlie BEFORE we lost all connection to the Inernet for the rest of the day/eve. :angry::angry:

which is why I'm posting this up here.
my PM is over max. I was going to clear out part of it yesterday. Hopefully i can do it today. Other wise if we need to exchange other info.....
I'll be up after you get home from your dinner :heart: out. exchnage e-mails or I can text you (I think -embarresses do not know - can you text from oneI- phone servce to another? I'm on T-Mobile. Can I text to, say, Verizon?

more :hug::hug:::hug: your way :)

Here's the Rilke poem that is printed on the scarf (or so they say, I can't check since I don't have one myself:()
"The Eighth Elegy" by Rainer Maria Rilke

With all its eyes the natural world looks out
into the Open. Only our eyes are turned
backward, and surround plant, animal, child
like traps, as they emerge into their freedom.
We know what is really out there only from
the animal's gaze; for we take the very young
child and force it around, so that it sees
objects--not the Open, which is so
deep in animals' faces. Free from death.
We, only, can see death; the free animal
has its decline in back of it, forever,
and God in front, and when it moves, it moves
already in eternity, like a fountain.

Thora> yay on Seattle trip and your parents visiting you ar work!

Thanks! I'm one of those dorks who really loves her family. I don't get to see everyone often enough, since I live in a city where nobody else does. :lol: Everyone is a 2 hour drive away, both north and south.

Hi dazz! :wave:

:ohmy: The Edun scarf? I'd like one too, but they're quite pricey. Besides, don't they just sell the newer green/grey ones right now? Haven't seen the Bono Black version around for a while.

You should try, if you have the funds. Both cori and I ordered the black scarves a week or two ago, and hers arrived today. I'm in Canada, and hopefully mine will be here soon too. :)

Cool, Thora! We'll have to get together. :)

That would be great! :D I won't have a car that weekend, but there are obviously ways around that. :)

Way to kill my party mood... :angry:
Just kidding. ;)

What was it like to witness this in person?

I'm not even sure if that was Toronto or Chicago, but I was at both of them, so I was there either way. :reject: :lol:

They played 4 consecutive shows in Toronto, which was the city that started the leg. The way they did things is that at the start of a new leg, they'd play, have an off day with a long rehearsal to work out bugs, and then another show the next day. During the off day, we went to the arena, and met Larry on his way in. Bono didn't get out of the suv, but he pulled up and said that he'd be out to meet us after the rehearsal. So, we hung out by the doors, maybe 8 of us, and heard them rehearsing this and Mofo, for like 45 minutes each. Discotheque sounded much more show-ready than Mofo did.

So, I wasn't exactly shocked that they played it or anything. But it was AMAZING, anyway.

The most shocking songs for me during that time were Fast Cars at TO1, and The First Time at Chicago 1. Had NO IDEA that those would be played.

I'm not even sure if that was Toronto or Chicago, but I was at both of them, so I was there either way. :reject: :lol:

They played 4 consecutive shows in Toronto, which was the city that started the leg. The way they did things is that at the start of a new leg, they'd play, have an off day with a long rehearsal to work out bugs, and then another show the next day. During the off day, we went to the arena, and met Larry on his way in. Bono didn't get out of the suv, but he pulled up and said that he'd be out to meet us after the rehearsal. So, we hung out by the doors, maybe 8 of us, and heard them rehearsing this and Mofo, for like 45 minutes each. Discotheque sounded much more show-ready than Mofo did.

So, I wasn't exactly shocked that they played it or anything. But it was AMAZING, anyway.

That's a cool story, thanks for sharing it! :D

This reinforces my theory that I should write "BOOM-CHA!" across my chest when we are on the rail.

Nothing but class around here!
Your post got me thinking of this one from the caption thread:
14.jpg

:bono:" Edge what are you doin´ there?"
:edge:"Eeehh... there´s an interesting t-shirt in the back of the stadium...#squints#..can´t see... "E..D..G..E.. you....are... the......" hold still woman, for gods sake!

Source: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...aring-my-underwear-204790-51.html#post6953572

You didn't happen to attend that particular show, did you? :giggle:
Oh right, you said rail - my bad. ;)

After we heard it being rehearsed, I got in touch someone from Interference, and some people were "that's so cool, hope they play it!!" but others were "no way. It must have been techs messing around."

Um, I know what I heard. I can tell Bono's voice, and whether it's a full-band rehearsal or not. :lol: They didn't end up playing it till TO4, and then I was all "oh yes bitches, I was right." :rockon:

I should also mention, Drea was with me, she heard the rehearsal too. :) And Sarah, of course. The Twins showed up a bit later, they'd just gotten into town, and that's when I first met them. :) and then there were a few random guys.

From last night:

When Cricket was a baby (and I mean TINY BABY) she started carrying my fuzzy pink slippers around the house, so I bought her a stuffed hippo that we named Mr Monkeypants. (No idea why.)

3184520075_ef84361b43_z.jpg

3185363260_9f479c1480_z.jpg

That is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen!

Kitty, the mother, seems to be the most playful, as far as toys go. She has 50 gazillion of these stashed around the house:

800443061954C.jpg

She bats them around for a while, then she carries them in her mouth, and meows the entire time she's carrying them, so it's like this weird, closed-mouth meow, it's so cute. She also has a couple of stuffed "mice" with catnip. She does the meowing thing with them, too.

When the kittens were tiny, we kept them in a bedroom upstairs. Kitty would always come down every evening around 10 or 11, and play with her mouse for 10 or 15 minutes. We used to say that it was a cat version of an overwhelmed mother relaxing with a glass of wine once the kids were in bed. :lol:

we got our first snow this morning in the capital and it's still snowing for more!!! :applaud:
last year it was a huge amount of snow here too and the final bits of it melted in the beginning of May, i think. but I kind of missed the whole annoying-period of dirty and muddy snow, because I broke my leg in March and stayed in plaster cast for 1,5 months + when I finally learned to walk normally again, it was summer already. Don't intend to repeat it this winter!

i just slipped on a really TINY ice smudge on the stairs and fell down. I'd say that the first week was the worst for the pain, the second one was worse because of the cast (annoying to find any positions!) and then I just settled in and it went on really fast. Luckily I didn't need any surgery though there was a threat to it on the first few weeks. will be more careful this year, I promise :)

Oh wow, seriously?? this past March?? What day?

My daughter broke her leg in March, too. :lol: On the 15th, the day before her birthday, poor kid.

Back
Top Bottom