PGP: We are motherf*cking ADULTS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gah. Pretty. :love: That is all.

edgenyc10-21-2010GabriellesAngelBallmusicrisinglespaul.jpg

:giggle: Edge in a suit? Oh wow. This is so... and with the beanie.. :lmao: Oh Edge. Only you can make this work!

And holy shit. Is that a tie dye fade on the Les Paul? :ohmy: :WANT:

:lol: Oh that's pretty neat. So not only is he shorter than me, his feet are also half a size smaller. Bono would so not like me in person!

:hmm: Why isn't Edge's height listed? And his hat size is so much bigger than Bono's!

obviously Edge was too tall in the first place to get measured! this woman just didn't reach all the way to the top with her measurement tape :)
Bono again was so short that he was no problem at all:lol:

obviously Edge was too tall in the first place to get measured! this woman just didn't reach all the way to the top with her measurement tape :)
Bono again was so short that he was no problem at all:lol:

Edge and Adam are both listed as 5'10" on other sites. :hmm: Stupidly enough I didn't think about that when they were in front of us! :lol: Only when Bono came I was like, "they're right, he really is short!".

:sad: Forum died. For at least 15 minutes. :sad: Don't do that again.

Ok... I am usually able to pinpoint a Bono era from a pic no problem... but this one I'm not too sure. What the eff era is this?

bonobeanie.jpg

HMm.. Judging from the amount of hair coming from his back, I'd say either late UF or JT era. His face looks too young for AB.

Ok... I am usually able to pinpoint a Bono era from a pic no problem... but this one I'm not too sure. What the eff era is this?

bonobeanie.jpg

*ahem* Since no one seems to have cracked the case:nerd: (or perhaps I overlooked it):

[self-promotion with translation for your convenience]
December 15th, 1982, Sälen
Earlier in the day, before playing their gig at the Stockholm Concert Hall, U2 spent time shooting the video for New Year's Day in the mountains of Sälen, Dalarna. In the video, there is a scene where one can see the band riding through the snow. Rumours indicate that instead of the actual members, it was Swedish girls from a riding school acting as 'stuntwomen' for each member of the band, since their respective insurances would not cover injury sustained from something as risky as horseriding in the snow covered Swedish mountains.

Anton Corbijn arrives at the scene after the video has been shot and snaps a series of photographs before the darkness sets in, and one of the images ends up being in the centre fold of the vinyl edition of War. This event marked the first time Anton photographed U2 for the cover of an album.

Source: u2.se --
[/self-promotion]

Edge and Adam are both listed as 5'10" on other sites. :hmm: Stupidly enough I didn't think about that when they were in front of us! :lol: Only when Bono came I was like, "they're right, he really is short!".

:sad: Forum died. For at least 15 minutes. :sad: Don't do that again.

i hate the daily forum maintenance too! total party pooper as I call it!

*mental note: bring measurement tape on a U2 concert/band meeting chance*
This "Bono is short" thing is totally contagious, I think that it was my first thought too! But he IS! until proven otherwise..

But are you sure this pic is from that photoshoot? :hmm: It is a very good possibility tho.

I wouldn't doubt my senior colleagues, and that same picture is used to illustrate that event but I don't know. Could be possible that it's not the case after all. If this is one of Anton's pictures, wouldn't it be in U2 & I?
Could anyone check?

i hate the daily forum maintenance too! total party pooper as I call it!

*mental note: bring measurement tape on a U2 concert/band meeting chance*
This "Bono is short" thing is totally contagious, I think that it was my first thought too! But he IS! until proven otherwise..
Well usually the forum maintenance is 9.15-9.45am for me. :grumpy: It was 12.30 today when it happened!

:giggle: Well he is indeed, I think all our witness statements are enough to prove it. But ofcourse, I'd volunteer to stand back to back with him, to have pics taken with measuring tape showing the difference in height between him and me.
:shifty: We'd have to be barefoot though, so inside cause wouldn't want his feet to get cold. And that way you can measure his shoe size against mine as well.

I wouldn't doubt my senior colleagues, and that same picture is used to illustrate that event but I don't know. Could be possible that it's not the case after all. If this is one of Anton's pictures, wouldn't it be in U2 & I?
Could anyone check?
Yeah, that's the confusing thing for me. It's not in U2&I as far as I remember.
I will look it up, give me a minute to get a hernia from carrying that thing downstairs. :wink:

watching the videos of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, where Bono pulls the girls on stage, I can't help but to wonder that this kind of set-up would have been just perfect for us here - free booze and making home-videos with Bono... :whistle::shifty:

Ok, the photo is NOT in the set of NYD pics from Anton, and what's more, Bono was wearing a regular hat in some of the pics. No sign of the beanie anywhere. :hmm: So the plot thickens...

Ok, the photo is NOT in the set of NYD pics from Anton, and what's more, Bono was wearing a regular hat in some of the pics. No sign of the beanie anywhere. :hmm: So the plot thickens...

See! :shifty: Don't tell anyone, but I vaguely remember suspecting that "we" somehow mixed up the photos from The Unforgettable Fire shoot with that from New Year's Day. I never raised the question though, perhaps I should now? It's rather embarrasing to be wrong about events that took place in your own country. :p :reject:

Well usually the forum maintenance is 9.15-9.45am for me. :grumpy: It was 12.30 today when it happened!

:giggle: Well he is indeed, I think all our witness statements are enough to prove it. But ofcourse, I'd volunteer to stand back to back with him, to have pics taken with measuring tape showing the difference in height between him and me.
:shifty: We'd have to be barefoot though, so inside cause wouldn't want his feet to get cold. And that way you can measure his shoe size against mine as well.

at least the forum-freeze was just a little while. I think it was last week that it seemed dead for hours!

ah, you want back to back with him? hopefully he will reach as high to rub his ass against yours :reject: but anything for the scientific purposes!! hmm... must call Edge too, he loves science!
but yeah, let's measure Bono and bring him to a county-fair :giggle:i think he will win a prize of the cutest small man :)

See! :shifty: Don't tell anyone, but I vaguely remember suspecting that "we" somehow mixed up the photos from The Unforgettable Fire shoot with that from New Year's Day. I never raised the question though, perhaps I should now? It's rather embarrasing to be wrong about events that took place in your own country. :p :reject:
I'll go check the UF sessions of the book as well. :hmm: Give me a sec.

at least the forum-freeze was just a little while. I think it was last week that it seemed dead for hours!

ah, you want back to back with him? hopefully he will reach as high to rub his ass against yours :reject: but anything for the scientific purposes!! hmm... must call Edge too, he loves science!
but yeah, let's measure Bono and bring him to a county-fair :giggle:i think he will win a prize of the cutest small man :)

Well that wasn't scheduled maintenance, that was a regular crash. :wink:

:uhoh: I doubt that'd happen, but otherwise he can just stand on tiptoes. Heh. And Edge can measure us, scientifically! :yes:
We could take him to the fair and have people guess his height. If they win, they get a cuddle from him. :yes: We should be rich in NO time.

Ok first sets of UF pics show Edge and Larry wearing beanies!!!!! We're getting closer. :hyper:

Though there's one pic of Bono with a regular hat, Edge is not wearing his beanie later, nor is Larry. There's quite a big possibility that Bono took one of theirs.
The scenery looks quite similar. :hmm: If I'd have to take a guess, I'd say UF is much more realistic than NYD.

ETA: I'm ALMOST sure of it now. In the pic of Bono with the hate, page 98 of the book, the SAME strange sideburns show. And he's wearing the same outfit too I think.

I'll go check the UF sessions of the book as well. :hmm: Give me a sec.

Well that wasn't scheduled maintenance, that was a regular crash. :wink:

:uhoh: I doubt that'd happen, but otherwise he can just stand on tiptoes. Heh. And Edge can measure us, scientifically! :yes:
We could take him to the fair and have people guess his height. If they win, they get a cuddle from him. :yes: We should be rich in NO time.

ah, right - the crash was either for VP's cleavage pic or for MTE's boobs, don't remember anymore, or both?

we should have taken Bono to the fair earlier though to get the money... auction for the date tour with The Edge has ended already :(
But Bono-cuddle is still a good idea :)

Forget the Edge auction! I want that guitar he's playing! :lol:

:shifty: ok, maybe I'd take a couple of private guitar lessons from him as well.

I gotta admit that it's strange to attend the PGP at this time of day for me :) It must be a first, can't remember that I have stopped by this early in the past.:hmm:

You're usually around at night. Got a day off today? :D

How are ya anyway? :hug: It's been a while.

OH, D'oh. I just realised you're Swedish! I hope you don't mind, but can you advice me some parts of Sweden, sightseeings or otherwise, that you really must see when you go there? Reason I'm asking is that next year we're going on a study trip to Denmark and Sweden, mostly into the big cities. And not everything is planned yet so they asked us if we knew anyone from Sweden to ask them for info. :D

Forget the Edge auction! I want that guitar he's playing! :lol:

:shifty: ok, maybe I'd take a couple of private guitar lessons from him as well.

forget about the guitar, I want the man that's playing it!! :lol:

:lmao: This reminds me why I love Anton so much.

:applaud:Adam is a total show-off... I think there would be no problem to get this man naked on a fan photo if someone would ask him to strip down!
with the snowballs and Adam's nakedness I remembered that I think it was a Sundance article that I read which said that while others were having a snowball fight, Adam was picking up the girls... :doh::D

I'm sure we can make a deal. You get the man, I get the guitar. :shifty:

Adam sure doesn't mind stripping off. :lol: So many stories of him walking around naked somewhere over the years. And doesn't surprise me that he'd be picking up girls, he was quite the playboy in the early days!

:hmm: pic for Zu's Edge collection on page 121 of the book.

you know you are torturing the one who doesn't have the book, right?? so I'm kind of dying to know what's in there!

OH, D'oh. I just realised you're Swedish! I hope you don't mind, but can you advice me some parts of Sweden, sightseeings or otherwise, that you really must see when you go there? Reason I'm asking is that next year we're going on a study trip to Denmark and Sweden, mostly into the big cities. And not everything is planned yet so they asked us if we knew anyone from Sweden to ask them for info. :D

Swedish??? from the neighbourhood then! hello there, The_Edge89!!

I'm sure we can make a deal. You get the man, I get the guitar. :shifty:

Adam sure doesn't mind stripping off. :lol: So many stories of him walking around naked somewhere over the years. And doesn't surprise me that he'd be picking up girls, he was quite the playboy in the early days!

great deal!!! though i don't know what Edge thinks of the fact that you want to take away his guitar :shrug:

obviously Adam is still a fox... I think he has it up all the time, you know, with so many women around all the time.. :reject:

You just need to get the book then. :tongue:

I found an inconsisency in the book. On page 190 there's the first pics with baby Jordan, and the name and date state Dublin 1989 february?
Which isn't possible, as Jordan was born march 10 1989! :lol:

You just need to get the book then. :tongue:

I found an inconsisency in the book. On page 190 there's the first pics with baby Jordan, and the name and date state Dublin 1989 february?
Which isn't possible, as Jordan was born march 10 1989! :lol:

i know, I'm actually in a need of much books!!! but can't right now... I've spent a lot of money on something really phrettyyyy...:shifty:

but talking of the occasion :)
bjordan.jpg

Yep, that's the pic on the right page. :) The one on the left is with Ali in it and Anton's lovely scribble below it!

:lol: What an incredibly girly bathrobe Bono.

:drool: oohhh I reached the AB part.

Back
Top Bottom