PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope so too (if there is one...) :lol:. I've been looking on Google maps, but since the area's so newly developed (just used to be trees and all that in the area), nothing shows up there. I think the street view cars were in the area like 2 years ago, so there's a lot that doesn't show up, including our building. We don't even have a postal code yet! :lol:

Lobby to have the current place open a franchise on the ground floor of the new building!

I myself don't eat sushi but if there was a Chipotle or Chuy's in my building I'd be a big fat cow!

Since there are under 100 of us at my office, I doubt anybody would listen to such a small quantity of people. :lol:

The new building is completely built already, and it just belongs to us, but there's a lot of open lots all around us - we're kinda on our own at the moment, except for a gym. :lol: Hopefully some good restaurants will move into the area! I do know for a fact that there are Timmies and Starbucks just a few blocks away, so that's definitely good. I want more substantial eating places though. :D

Time for sushi now! :love: :drool:

Have we had any photographic evidence of Bono since New Year's Eve? I am seriously dying to know if his hair is really as dark as it looked in that video.

People have spotted him at the Spidey previews - people with cameras need to get on that shit!

/shallow

Also? Hi! :wave:

Does he actually exist if there are no recent pics of him? How can we be sure he's still here??? :gah: :panic: :gah:

Maybe he's hiding from the cameras until his hair 'fades' a little bit.

:lol:

Washing it four times a day to hurry the process up. Waiting for the dye to fade off his arm and neck (and the back of the knee ... how the hell did it get there????).

.... no wait, that's usually ME.

:wink:

I wanna see this hair of his! :hyper:
(I must say, a thought of him dyeing his hair himself like I used to amuses me greatly...:lol:)

I think we need that Edge pic on every page. Better yet, his clothes could slowly come off as you flip through pages, like a flip book! :shifty:

:giggle: There's an idea! I like it :up:.

Yay, glad I'm not the only one! :) I'm slowly starting to get them too, but they're still really tiny at this point. I think it's great because it means you smile and laugh a lot. I keep seeing these commercials about erasing the lines on your face, and it makes me so sad. :( These lines are proof that we've lived an awesome life, dammit. No way in hell I'm getting rid of them! :D

Well said! People should just leave their bodies alone and be happy with what they've got. People who age naturally and gracefully are much more beautiful than those who try and hide it, imho.

I hate those commercials, too. Nothing more than an attempt to sucker people out of their money so they can fit a certain "look". It's so stupid.

For anyone who heard me mention our garbage can turkey earlier this week, and doesn't have me on FB, I have uploaded the photos and descriptions to my Picasa album. Let me know if you want the link! :D

Ooh, I do :wave:! I definitely wanna see that :D.

Today a bunch of us are going for one last huge sushi-fest at the Japanese restaurant downstairs. We don't move for another week and a bit, so I'll definitely be having it once next week, but this is our last big hurrah there before we move. :sad: I'm going to miss that place so much! It has some of the best sushi in the area. :drool: I think there's a sushi place near our new location, but I have yet to scope out that neighborhood to see what's there.

Fun! Enjoy the sushi (I've never had sushi. May need to give it a try sometime).

I know how you feel, there's a restaurant here in my town that my family LOVED to go to, and we missed it a lot when we'd moved away. Now that we're living back here we try and get there every chance we get :p.

Where is it you're moving to, again? Is it still going to be close enough to the place you're in now, so you can at least come back for visits and go enjoy your sushi place?

Angela

Since there are under 100 of us at my office, I doubt anybody would listen to such a small quantity of people. :lol:

The new building is completely built already, and it just belongs to us, but there's a lot of open lots all around us - we're kinda on our own at the moment, except for a gym. :lol: Hopefully some good restaurants will move into the area! I do know for a fact that there are Timmies and Starbucks just a few blocks away, so that's definitely good. I want more substantial eating places though. :D

Time for sushi now! :love: :drool:

You gotta have Timmies :wink:

Ooh, I do :wave:! I definitely wanna see that :D.

Fun! Enjoy the sushi (I've never had sushi. May need to give it a try sometime).

I know how you feel, there's a restaurant here in my town that my family LOVED to go to, and we missed it a lot when we'd moved away. Now that we're living back here we try and get there every chance we get :p.

Where is it you're moving to, again? Is it still going to be close enough to the place you're in now, so you can at least come back for visits and go enjoy your sushi place?

Angela

PM coming your way shortly. :)

You've never had sushi?! :ohmy: I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially the raw stuff, but I absolutely adore it. :drool: There are a lot of things that are fabulous for newbies to try, though. Like tempura (deep fried veggies, etc.) and noodles, etc. Not all of it is crazy stuff! :wink:

The new building is about a 10 minute drive away from where we currently are, so it's not all that far. We will still be able to go back for lunches, but certainly not as often as we used to. Having it downstairs has been so unbelievably convenient. If I ever forgot my lunch, it was no problem to give them a call, order my food, then a few minutes later walk downstairs and pick it up. :love: But several of us were talking today about making monthly lunch dates, since we love the place and the food and the staff there so much. It just won't be as convenient, but I will definitely be coming back whenever I can. :)

PM coming your way shortly. :)

Got it, thanks!

The pictures of the turkey, before and after, on that stake in the midst of all the tin foil crack me up :lmao:. That is just too awesome :D. I love it. Looks like the turkey indeed turned out quite good, though, that's pretty impressive :up:!

I also love your instructions for cooking that way, especially this line:

Pass the time standing around the hot garbage can, drinking beer and laughing.

:laugh: Sounds good to me.

You've never had sushi?! :ohmy: I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially the raw stuff, but I absolutely adore it. :drool: There are a lot of things that are fabulous for newbies to try, though. Like tempura (deep fried veggies, etc.) and noodles, etc. Not all of it is crazy stuff! :wink:

I haven't, no. That's what I've heard, yeah, it's definitely an acquired taste, but the stuff you mentioned there sounds rather good. Perhaps if I ever find myself at a place that sells sushi I'll try something like that, see what it's like :). And maybe I'll like it enough to go on and try the "crazy stuff", LOL. As long as the food is good, that's all that matters, right?

The new building is about a 10 minute drive away from where we currently are, so it's not all that far. We will still be able to go back for lunches, but certainly not as often as we used to. Having it downstairs has been so unbelievably convenient. If I ever forgot my lunch, it was no problem to give them a call, order my food, then a few minutes later walk downstairs and pick it up. :love: But several of us were talking today about making monthly lunch dates, since we love the place and the food and the staff there so much. It just won't be as convenient, but I will definitely be coming back whenever I can. :)

Oh, okay, good, well, that's not too bad, then, yeah. I understand, though, having it right there is definitely quite nice, it's hard to get used to not being spoiled like that.

But monthly get-togethers are a great idea! I'm glad you'll still get the chance to go when you can.

Angela

:wave: For any Craig Ferguson fans here... both my daughters were in the audience tonight! They are huge Dr. Who fans and since a cast member was a guest tonight they had to be there. They are in the first row on the left side (of your TV screen). I have no idea if they even made it on screen but we'll see. They loved it and said Craig is EXACTLY the same in person and while not on camera as he is while on. :heart: Anyway, just wanted to let ya know.

Gotta catch up here now!

Aw, bit quiet around here, zu?

I'm here. Just been watching TV most of the evening and going back and forth between that and this site.

:wave: For any Craig Ferguson fans here... both my daughters were in the audience tonight! They are huge Dr. Who fans and since a cast member was a guest tonight they had to be there. They are in the first row on the left side (of your TV screen). I have no idea if they even made it on screen but we'll see. They loved it and said Craig is EXACTLY the same in person and while not on camera as he is while on. :heart: Anyway, just wanted to let ya know.

Gotta catch up here now!

Coooooooool :drool:. Happy to hear that. I'd love to meet Craig or see him in person sometime. That'd be awesome.

Yay for them getting to go and see the show, glad they had a great time :up:! I'll be on the lookout for them when the show airs!

Angela

I have eye wrinkles like you wouldn't believe so I'm glad to read that they're super sexy :wink:

Speaking of super sexy, man that Edge pic is A-friggin-mazing!!!! I saw it in one of the other threads last night, thanks for bringing it over here so that it could greet me (during my hellish 1st period : shh: ) this morning.

Oh you stop! You cute little super sexy thang, you do not have a bunch of eye wrinkles. :lol:

For anyone who heard me mention our garbage can turkey earlier this week, and doesn't have me on FB, I have uploaded the photos and descriptions to my Picasa album. Let me know if you want the link! : D

Today a bunch of us are going for one last huge sushi-fest at the Japanese restaurant downstairs. We don't move for another week and a bit, so I'll definitely be having it once next week, but this is our last big hurrah there before we move. :sad: I'm going to miss that place so much! It has some of the best sushi in the area. :drool: I think there's a sushi place near our new location, but I have yet to scope out that neighborhood to see what's there.

:flirt: I'd love to see your turkey.
that's what she said

A furry BonoCat is almost as hairy as Naked Edge, I'd wager. ;)

:lmao:

Except have you ever noticed he doesn't have furry feet? :hmm: You'd think with a chest like that he'd be hairy all over but his feet look so smooth and hairless. (and I obviously have spent a tad too much time pondering this)

Aw, bit quiet around here, zu?

I'm here. Just been watching TV most of the evening and going back and forth between that and this site.

Coooooooool :drool:. Happy to hear that. I'd love to meet Craig or see him in person sometime. That'd be awesome.

Yay for them getting to go and see the show, glad they had a great time :up:! I'll be on the lookout for them when the show airs!

Angela

It's on tonight, 12:30 Pacific time (so in a few hours for me, but I don't know where you are)

One of my daughters has long curly blonde hair and is wearing a dk gray jacket, my other daughter has long curly red hair but she had it pulled back today and was wearing a rainbow striped scarf. They doubt they even made it on camera anyway, :wink: but ya never know. I need to go to a taping soon too. We adore Craig. :love:

It's on tonight, 12:30 Pacific time (so in a few hours for me, but I don't know where you are)

LOL, yeah, that's what I meant to say, when it's on tonight :p.

It'll be on in about less than 20 minutes here-comes on at 11:37 central time here. "In your region", and all that :D.

One of my daughters has long curly blonde hair and is wearing a dk gray jacket, my other daughter has long curly red hair but she had it pulled back today and was wearing a rainbow striped scarf. They doubt they even made it on camera anyway, :wink: but ya never know.

All right, cool. Yeah, never hurts to look, so I'll keep an eye out. Would be neat if they did pop up.

I need to go to a taping soon too. We adore Craig. :love:

I love that others here like him, too :). How can you not, really? He's fantastic. Great way to finish off the day TV-wise.

Maybe someday if I ever find myself out that way we could go to a taping together or something! That'd be fun.

Angela

That's cool about your daughters, comet! :up: I can't stay up that late, but I'm sure it will be awesome. :D

:flirt: I'd love to see your turkey.
that's what she said

:lol: One PM coming right up. :D

I've just been futzing around the house tonight, paying bills and other such joyous adult responsibilities. :happy: :lol: At least it's Friday tomorrow!

I've just been futzing around the house tonight, paying bills and other such joyous adult responsibilities.

Fuuuuuuuuun :up:.

:happy: :lol: At least it's Friday tomorrow!

And thank god for that!

I get paid tomorrow :hyper:! And I'll be over at my friend's house this weekend, 'cause it's her birthday Saturday, so she's going to have a small gathering of friends over and we may go out Saturday night and stuff.

Angela

i multi-quoted at art, but lost the post, then only had time to quickly comment on cori's hair dyeing & bono comment.
here's the rest>>>

LOL, I hear you. I'd react the same way.
(That said, if my friends ever wanted to go to a karaoke bar I'd be right there with them, belting it out on stage, so figure that one out)
I find it absolutely fascinating that people can do things like that, learn to read music and know just what notes to hit when and all that sort of thing. Learning about the intricacies of what go into making a song has always been a bit of an interesting subject for me. Especially when you consider this...

I've noticed a lot of musicians say that. There's very few out there, it seems, that can read music, they instead go more by what they hear and what comes out of them through purely noodling around and experimenting. A lot of them seem to just sort of stumble into the talent,.......

I definitely think these sorts of talents are a natural thing. You can learn techniques and such that will improve upon your talent, and expand the possibilities of it, but I think the talent itself has to be there from the get-go.
I can relate a bit to that, sometimes the idea sounds so good and looks so right in your mind's eye, but for some reason, getting it actually produced on paper or in a song or whatever, it's harder to replicate that way. ......

That's cool! I can imagine the rush that must give somebody, having a moment of complete, or near complete, inspiration like that.

Dunno. I bet he'd have fun with it if he did try it, though : giggle :. And he'd probably try and bug the other guys to play along with him. And they'd be like, "But we have our own REAL instruments...?"

Angela

I think if Iever got good enough on the guitar to play n front of peope (not that I'm aiming for this) if I felt good about myself in general I might be able to pull it off for a bit...but I'm poretty sure at some point self-conciousness would run roaring in :uhoh: and "poof" there would go *the magic*.... :sad: ah well! :)

and yet you'd do kareoke!

I really would love to rock out, but I am very self concious about my voice.:uhoh: It's quite high-pitched.

I know I'm not the worst singer. I know that b/c I mostly sing on key, though i can hear mtself going off and correct it- I can't usually stop it originally (which might be helped by training).

I do have a friend who has done it, if I ever get up the courage I might take her with me.

We would goto the one of the Live Band Kareoke bars.

I am amazed at musicians picking out stuff & going with it whether they have real formal training or not. I also think you have to have at least some talent to begin with: which can be further cultivated through guidance & study. Some people have alot of talent (and further honed by studies), but are not prodegies, and then there sre those few who are progedies.
I am amazed how musicians do what they do.

the very rare times I have had the melody plus a bassline and other instruments for harmony or furthering the melody pop into my head have been shockingly wonderful!

I have read that Edge does use Garage Band, and it makes perfect sence to me:

I imagine he can quickly put down a mrlody etc, and have it be there in a somewhat permanent fashion. Then he can then make certain before doing further stuff on the actual guitar, with more filters and stuff.

I've heard about PurlSoho : drool : And Knitty City too, but I think that's in Manhattan. Not sure I'll have yarn shopping time, but I have to book my flight tonight (forgot last night : doh : : )
uh....drea they are both in Manahttan.... :D

well you let me know. you know wehere to find me.

I think we need that Edge pic on every page. Better yet, his clothes could slowly come off as you flip through pages, like a flip book! : shifty :
OOoooo :lmao: good idea!

I hope so too (if there is one...) : lol :. I've been looking on Google maps, but since the area's so newly developed (just used to be trees and all that in the area), nothing shows up there. I think the street view cars were in the area like 2 years ago, so there's a lot that doesn't show up, including our building. We don't even have a postal code yet! : lol :
1> almost like an industrial park? Fascinating to be the first ones in an area!

2> THAT strikes me as hysterically funny...no zip (yet)!

Since there are under 100 of us at my office, I doubt anybody would listen to such a small quantity of people. : lol :

The new building is completely built already, and it just belongs to us, but there's a lot of open lots all around us - we're kinda on our own at the moment, except for a gym. : lol : Hopefully some good restaurants will move into the area! I do know for a fact that there are Timmies and Starbucks just a few blocks away, so that's definitely good. I want more substantial eating places though.

Since your company owns the building and there's "only 100" of you...how big IS this buildin anyway, and possibly what ohter kind of tenants are expected?

Does he actually exist if there are no recent pics of him? How can we be sure he's still here??? : gah : :panic: : gah :
:panic: LOL!!!

You've never had sushi?! : ohmy : I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially the raw stuff, but I absolutely adore it. : drool : There are a lot of things that are fabulous for newbies to try, though. Like tempura (deep fried veggies, etc.) and noodles, etc. Not all of it is crazy stuff! : wink :
In this one sushi place in side a WHolr Foods with a mini restaurant/sit down section ( while their own hot/cold/desert bars are downstairs) had alittle pamphlet explaing the main types of sushi style.
Fascinating! I don't go for the raw stuff at all that would true in any meat/fish cuisine, but find them beautiful to look at!

I would be willing to do a very careful comparison, in the name of science!
I'll join you! You know, any good scientific study should have someone to attempt to duplicate the results. For validity, of course. In the name of science.
I could hand you the magnifying glass, or a special counter per/sqaure inch mesuring device!

All for the Sceintific Effort!

BLAHAHAaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa :wink:

: D

1> almost like an industrial park? Fascinating to be the first ones in an area!

2> THAT strikes me as hysterically funny...no zip (yet)!

Since your company owns the building and there's "only 100" of you...how big IS this buildin anyway, and possibly what ohter kind of tenants are expected?

Not really an industrial area just yet. There are still lots of trees in our little neighborhood, but we're the only building on the block. I'm sure there will be other buildings as the land gets sold and people start building.

Since I posted that, we now have a postal code. :lol: Things are progressing! :lol:

I'm terrible at square footage, and have absolutely no clue how big it is, but it's not a huge monstrosity. We do have more space in the new building, as we were pretty squished in the old one. It's 3 floors, so I'll definitely be getting more exercise, running up and down the stairs all the time. :D Nobody else will be in our building, as it's completely owned by us. We just leased our old building, so it's nice to move into a place that's completely ours.

Moving is crazily stressful, but at least we get to wear casual clothes for the rest of the month. :lol: It's the small things that make me happy...

hi there!:hug:

:lmao: zip code has arrived!!!

:applaud: for Casual Clothes Month! :D

oh and when you get a chnace .....
I must see this Garbage Can Turkey Jamboree!!!! :lmao: :up:

I haven't had a chance to go to your Hawaii pics yet (some projects going along) but hope to by next week!

hi there!:hug:

:lmao: zip code has arrived!!!

:applaud: for Casual Clothes Month! :D

oh and when you get a chnace .....
I must see this Garbage Can Turkey Jamboree!!!! :lmao: :up:

I haven't had a chance to go to your Hawaii pics yet (some projects going along) but hope to by next week!

Hi back! :hug:

It's strange - it's the exact same postal code as the one we currently have, yet we'll be in a totally different neighborhood. Postal codes are extremely specific to where you are, but I guess maybe it's different for businesses? :lol: I don't know. Either way, that's one less new thing to memorize! :up: :wink:

Sure, I'll send you the turkey photos link after I post this. :)

I'm about to go to bed, but wanted to ask for some music suggestions. I'm working on my annual running playlist as I start my training again in about a week, so I need to make a new playlist soon. I'm absolutely sick of what I currently have, and am desperately in need of good, upbeat awesome music to keep me motivated while I run. Anybody have any suggestions?

G'night! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom