PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, thank you. *bows* She's a lovely Fender DG 5 with sunburst pattern. *sighs* She's beautiful. I was in love with her the moment I held her...

aaawwww :heart:

i've got the Fenders own cheapest knock-off Strat which model i've forgotten. But it's safely wrapped up in bubble wrap resting in the corner of one of my closets....when I moved 13 months ago.

I have either find or rebuy a guitar cable and a step-down to 1/8 plug addtion again so I caI don''t over do it in volume I can use the boom box as my amp (Mic Aux) until i get a practice one .

It's glossy black with the white pick guard.

aaawwww :heart:

i've got the Fenders own cheapest knock-off Strat which model i've forgotten. But it's safely wrapped up in bubble wrap resting in the corner of one of my closets....when I moved 13 months ago.

I have either find or rebuy a guitar cable and a step-down to 1/8 plug addtion again so I caI don''t over do it in volume I can use the boom box as my amp (Mic Aux) until i get a practice one .

It's glossy black with the white pick guard.

Ooohhh.... you've got an electric. Clayton is an acoustic. I need to change her strings and get new picks. I seem to have lost all mine. Clayton is living at my Grans until I can move her safely here.

I'd love to try playing guitar sometime, I really would. I'd probably go acoustic, I don't know how convincingly I could pull off rocking out on an electric guitar, but...yeah. It's something I'd love to learn, along with piano and violin.

I feel bad for you guys with snow and ice. I rarely have to, but when I do have to walk on them I'm terrified!!

It is so horrifically icy outside in the little alley next to our house right now. I'm not kidding. I should get a picture or something-it's big chunks and covers everything and it's thick and I usually wind up walking at the pace of a snail as a result :p. And the snow isn't much better, a lot of it's hardened into a more frozen state, it's not soft and fluffy. And it's got the post-holiday grungy grey, muddy look to it, too.

And yet, I still love winter. Go figure :lol: :shrug:.

Angela

Just got back from karate. Damnit. I've gone most of the winter without injuring myself or falling, and right now it was raining. Which means it's ABOVE zero damnit. And it did turn out to be slippy outside and I fell in the parking lot, right before the car. :doh: Fail. At least I don't seem to have any major injuries, my ankle just hurts a bit and my pants are dirty, but not ripped so I guess I got lucky.

:shifty: but at least I got plenty of prettyboy attention earlier at karate to make up for it.

We should start a club!! Want to borrow my ice pack? ;)

I've been in bed ALL DAY since I can't walk. Laying around in bed all day SOUNDS fun.... is not. I'm sure it is if you have a naked Edge next to you, but a furry BonoCat is not the same!

I'd love to try playing guitar sometime, I really would. I'd probably go acoustic, I don't know how convincingly I could pull off rocking out on an electric guitar, but...yeah. It's something I'd love to learn, along with piano and violin.

Angela

Electric is easier! For me, anyway. I think the frets on my electric are a tiny bit closet together than on my acoustic, so there is less awkward finger stretching.

extra :hug: :hug:sssss MTE!
has the swelling gone down any?vand hwere is it hurting?

the neck on my EG is skinnier but I find the strings because they are metal or metal-wound versus non-metal on my previous waaaaay back Acoustic - they'reharder to push down.
And I have to be very careful because of my art-making I can't over do the EC.
I'll never be in a band, I'd never be good enough - and t's not really why i have it.

I just want to play some of my fav bands's songs and other songs that are my favs in some fashion. I do also get what seem to be occasional original musical ideas in my head . I want to be able to capture, these too.

Eventually I'll want a few effects pedals for Edge Sonics but weill experirment too! I love atmospherics as well as the notes themselves. All over the next several years. I have to get a about 100 - 140$ maybe markeed down Practice Amp! My first next big purchase.

extra :hug: :hug:sssss MTE!
has the swelling gone down any?vand hwere is it hurting?

It is surprisingly not all that bruised or swollen. When I unwrapped it, I expected it to be all black and blue, but you can barely tell it is hurt. Way to make me feel like a wuss, ankle! ;)

I do highly recommend the Hurt Ankle Diet to anyone looking to lose weight this year! Only being able to eat when you can get someone to bring you food sucks, but it has to be good for your figure! :D

I'm sure everyone saw this, but he bears repeating. :love:

edgehaitit-shirt12-19-2010armssmilecuff.jpg

thnaks :hug: comet, i hadn't! I haven't bounced around to the pic threads as much reccently. Fun for when I'll get where's New Picturitus! ANd while everyone else would have seen mostof them - I will not have ...... thus going and easingh symptoms!
Edge :heart:

MTE :hug: I think i'll skip the H.A.D. Regimine!

Glad it's not all swollen and black & blue ( i've been there :yuck: )!

Possible small fracture? Probably not... I don't wish that or worse on you, just trying help you make sure things are not as bad as they could be so you don't get caught unawares and can heal up well. Thank goodness though for working at home!

I hadn't seen that picture before! :D Thanks for sharing, comet! Aww, Edge is so cute!! :love: :cute: I love his smile. :) And the lines around his eyes - I'm a sucker for those. I don't know why I find those so attractive on people, but I do. :lol:

I gotta say it, that's a damn good shot of Edge there. Wow :drool:...

I like the look on his face, it's inviting, like, "Yeah, you know you find me adorable"...and yet he still manages to retain a bit of his shy modesty. Takes a bit of talent to pull off that balance.

Electric is easier! For me, anyway. I think the frets on my electric are a tiny bit closet together than on my acoustic, so there is less awkward finger stretching.

Oh, really? Hmm. That's interesting...I guess I never really thought about that, which is "easier" to learn. I wonder what the general consensus would be on that? I have longer fingers, so would that be as big a problem for me, I wonder?

Like I said, I just don't know if I can look convincing with an electric guitar. But I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to learning to play one.

I'll never be in a band, I'd never be good enough - and t's not really why i have it.

I just want to play some of my fav bands's songs and other songs that are my favs in some fashion. I do also get what seem to be occasional original musical ideas in my head . I want to be able to capture, these too.

Ain't nothing wrong with that :)! Just having a guitar for a fun hobby is cool in and of itself (that'd be why I'd want one, too, to try and learn some songs I love). And the fact that you could even compose original musical ideas to begin with shows you've already got more talent than I do, so...:D. If you ever get those down, I wanna hear 'em!

I can see a bunch of us PLEBAns all starting up our own band now :p. That'd be rather fun, actually, I bet. Be like the Bangles or Go-Gos or something.

Angela

:hyper:

I've started this big diffferent mixed knitting and crochet decorative, semi-functional scarf!

It's right now - knitting on Size #50 needles> 25 mm! The needles themseleves are pretty colors ( hollow plastic) light apple-green with med-dark teal tips and ends!

I've got 2 medium size yarn being used together currently wrapped around in making the middle of first row (after casting-on). Med turquoise acrylicand a wrapped teal making it sort of poofy .
I wish I could find my camera !

Hey Comet or MTE if either of you return in next hour I have a (simple??) question about up-loading non-copy right protected (ie like Salome tapes) to my computer.....

You got to understand I'm stilll under the mental haibtual- strictures of using computers at work, at cafes, at the library, at my art place for 16 years with Google and earlier versons of art/draw/paint on other's machines.......
..I amstill not used to saving things to my own laptop now! :lol:

I've got 150 plus u2 and other PNG's/screen caps up onmy desktop :uhoh: because I am so used to not putting cetain things in folders, then into the hard-drive, and cleaning off the (MY)desktop>> excpet but looking, keeping a few spare for printing out or artisitc work on..

the rest would all have been in the Trash ..... funny!

I actually think under the few right emotional/mental circumstances I could pull of some what of a stage look ( i enjoy fashion & style ) except I'll never play well enough and most of the time my self-conciousness would badly kick in and ruin any easyish flow I might have gathered up!

as for the musical originals...there have been a few times whe when I realize I've picked up someone/band's work...part of a meoldy line...but other's I think are mine.

i made up my own notation based on what i learned when i could read music (2 brief years quite a ways back) , but with out a key to start in ...hard to reconstruct.

But I do have somewhere a electric tuner, plus the guitar ( and I have a eletronic key borad too) I'll find the little scribbles I've notated down nd see what's up.

Bono has said he's found it frustrating because he can't read/write music!

I always wonder in "Breathe" while "...running down the road like loose electricty" could be anything related to the stream of ideas he has going on BUT the NEXT line
"while the band in my head plays a striptease" --whether that refers to what he's "hearing music-wise" in his thoughts but can't easily put down.

I've even at rare times have gotten partcially full arrangements of melodies for goodness sakes! :lol:

I wonder if B has been able to finally try Garage Band! If I had it I'd try it!

I hadn't seen that picture before! :D Thanks for sharing, comet! Aww, Edge is so cute!! :love : :cute: I love his smile. :) And the lines around his eyes - I'm a sucker for those. I don't know why I find those so attractive on people, but I do. :lol:

Oh me too! And they are especially cute on Edge for some reason. :cute: And I guess it's a good thing I like them on people, since I'm starting to get a few more of my own now. :lol:

Oh and may I just say that I :heart::heart::heart: that his goatee isn't all overly dyed! i love his gray scruff. :love:

I think I need the pic on this page too :D

(daz what is it you need to know about uploading? I'm no expert on things at all but you could ask.)

*is baaaack from the land of sniffling zombies*

I totally have a thing for Edge's eyes too. :cute: He gets such a warm expression in them in a lot of pictures.

*is baaaack from the land of sniffling zombies*

Glad to hear that :). Welcome back :hug:.

I actually think under the few right emotional/mental circumstances I could pull of some what of a stage look ( i enjoy fashion & style ) except I'll never play well enough and most of the time my self-conciousness would badly kick in and ruin any easyish flow I might have gathered up!

LOL, I hear you. I'd react the same way.

(That said, if my friends ever wanted to go to a karaoke bar I'd be right there with them, belting it out on stage, so figure that one out)

I'm not stylish at all. So there goes that factor for me :lol:.

I bet you'd do a hell of a lot better than some sorry excuses for "musicians" that exist out there, I'm quite sure I'm safe in stating that as a fact.

as for the musical originals...there have been a few times whe when I realize I've picked up someone/band's work...part of a meoldy line...but other's I think are mine.

i made up my own notation based on what i learned when i could read music (2 brief years quite a ways back) , but with out a key to start in ...hard to reconstruct.

But I do have somewhere a electric tuner, plus the guitar ( and I have a eletronic key borad too) I'll find the little scribbles I've notated down nd see what's up.

Bah, with music being around as long as it has, everything is picked up off of somebody else's work somewhere.

I find it absolutely fascinating that people can do things like that, learn to read music and know just what notes to hit when and all that sort of thing. Learning about the intricacies of what go into making a song has always been a bit of an interesting subject for me. Especially when you consider this...

Bono has said he's found it frustrating because he can't read/write music!

I've noticed a lot of musicians say that. There's very few out there, it seems, that can read music, they instead go more by what they hear and what comes out of them through purely noodling around and experimenting. A lot of them seem to just sort of stumble into the talent, and that's just as impressive as the technical schooling/studying that some artists do.

I definitely think these sorts of talents are a natural thing. You can learn techniques and such that will improve upon your talent, and expand the possibilities of it, but I think the talent itself has to be there from the get-go.

I always wonder in "Breathe" while "...running down the road like loose electricty" could be anything related to the stream of ideas he has going on BUT the NEXT line
"while the band in my head plays a striptease" --whether that refers to what he's "hearing music-wise" in his thoughts but can't easily put down.

That's what I've thought, too. It'd fit perfectly with the stream-of-conscious feel of that song-"I'm just sort of rambling here, and I know it doesn't make a lick of sense to some people, but I swear it sounds better in my head!"

I can relate a bit to that, sometimes the idea sounds so good and looks so right in your mind's eye, but for some reason, getting it actually produced on paper or in a song or whatever, it's harder to replicate that way. Whatever the meaning behind that line, I love it, it makes me laugh and it's so perfect an example of Bono logic. That's one of my favorite songs off of No Line, I love the way it's sung and I love the music, and the total randomness of it all. It doesn't make sense and yet it does all at the same time.

I've even at rare times have gotten partcially full arrangements of melodies for goodness sakes! :lol:

That's cool! I can imagine the rush that must give somebody, having a moment of complete, or near complete, inspiration like that.

I wonder if B has been able to finally try Garage Band! If I had it I'd try it!

Dunno. I bet he'd have fun with it if he did try it, though :giggle:. And he'd probably try and bug the other guys to play along with him. And they'd be like, "But we have our own REAL instruments...?"

Angela

:| my signal went on the fritz....

have to go to sleep....:D

Comet ... or GG when she returns

SO I want to download say:
(she's Gonna) Blow Your House Down #2
from The Salome Tapes

What actually do I do? :huh: Can I do this? esp it's
not really copyrighted the way the AB songs are.....

My total semi-expertise is in down & uploading, drawings, photos, paintings, screen capping paused Videos all Visual still stuff ... oh excpet for the little :drool: :heart: movies my cameras do. :D

so Please someone(s) :help: :help: :D

take care everyone - ESP those on the Winter Injuries List
:( :hug:ssss

:wave: hi, A C K

drea
there's a gorgeous yarn & fabric store (they combinded their 2 smaller separate stores next to each other into one) that has a superb-looking web stie called

in fact cause i only saw their wb p for the 2nd time in 2 yrs I'm going to open up a 2nd window to peruse it.
not cheap-- bur gogerous.

www.purlsoho.com

I've heard about PurlSoho :drool: And Knitty City too, but I think that's in Manhattan. Not sure I'll have yarn shopping time, but I have to book my flight tonight (forgot last night :doh:)

We should start a club!! Want to borrow my ice pack? ;)

I've been in bed ALL DAY since I can't walk. Laying around in bed all day SOUNDS fun.... is not. I'm sure it is if you have a naked Edge next to you, but a furry BonoCat is not the same!

:hi5: The Clumsy Plebans club? Thanks for the offer. My ankle is surprisingly not huge, just a few bruises around it. The only thing I got is a skull splitting headache and I don't even remember falling on my head. :scream: I totally cannot focus on studying right now. MUST. GET. SHIT. DONE.

:giggle: Well if it were Bono,without the cat part, I'm sure it'd be a lot of fun too. And as a bonus, where Bono is is Edge, so Edge will come along too. :wink:

Oh me too! And they are especially cute on Edge for some reason. :cute: And I guess it's a good thing I like them on people, since I'm starting to get a few more of my own now. :lol:

Oh and may I just say that I :heart::heart::heart: that his goatee isn't all overly dyed! i love his gray scruff. :love:

I think I need the pic on this page too :D

Yay, glad I'm not the only one! :) I'm slowly starting to get them too, but they're still really tiny at this point. I think it's great because it means you smile and laugh a lot. I keep seeing these commercials about erasing the lines on your face, and it makes me so sad. :( These lines are proof that we've lived an awesome life, dammit. No way in hell I'm getting rid of them! :D

I have eye wrinkles like you wouldn't believe so I'm glad to read that they're super sexy :wink:

Speaking of super sexy, man that Edge pic is A-friggin-mazing!!!! I saw it in one of the other threads last night, thanks for bringing it over here so that it could greet me (during my hellish 1st period :shh: ) this morning.

For anyone who heard me mention our garbage can turkey earlier this week, and doesn't have me on FB, I have uploaded the photos and descriptions to my Picasa album. Let me know if you want the link! :D

Today a bunch of us are going for one last huge sushi-fest at the Japanese restaurant downstairs. We don't move for another week and a bit, so I'll definitely be having it once next week, but this is our last big hurrah there before we move. :sad: I'm going to miss that place so much! It has some of the best sushi in the area. :drool: I think there's a sushi place near our new location, but I have yet to scope out that neighborhood to see what's there.

Back
Top Bottom