PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:grumpy: what....5+ hours to try and get a post in/it's just frustrating trying to be IN the conversation....not after it! I'm just making sure i keep copying the original post / so i don't have to start over.....

zooey :hug:: hug : It's really awful. And as horrible as something can be, it's just always worse it seems the closer you are even if you don't personally know anyone involved, though it seems the connections always are there just like in your case.

I remember so long ago still (1978) one of the worst air disasters in world history happened in San Diego, over a neighborhood where my parents owned a house for a while. They happened to be in the area at the time. It was to say the least, horrific. You can't help but have it feel personal when it's "your" town. I still can't imagine how New Yorkers feel. :sad: Anyway, I guess I'm just saying it's ok if that's where your head is for a while, it's only natural. :hug:
It has me really down too Zooey! I can't imagine it happening in the town where I live. That must feel surreal!:hug:

oh. zu. :sad::sad:
to have connections as well as it being your home town........
My biggest :hug:sss for you, family, friends, the grieving and your city.
I hope all the injured will make good recoveries.

yeah, comet you said it well about it feeling personal...and amy- SURREAL.

ANd what a terrible expereince for your parents, comet!

I, who have been to marches, rallies & memorials in NYC ans Washington DC- to suddenly find myself at > the biggest (kept getting more & more stuff) one of the spontaneous 9-11 Memorials which was at the Southern tip of Union Square : the farthest south you could go then the first 2 weeks if you were only a causual visitor to Lower Manhattan versus workers, tenants, and the uniformed and voluteers people working at The WTC Site-- so there I was> at a memorial for my own hometown and not for other people, or places/events elsewhere !

oh ghads- zu you're a teacher, this is gonna be a tough week, hon. MORE :hug:s

Zu :hug: : hug :

Even worse, the Westboro Baptist "Church" (I refuse to call it a real church, it's more like a sanctuary of hate) is saying they're going to protest the funerals of those who died yesterday and have put out a flyer PRAISING THE GUNMAN AND CLAIMING HE WAS SENT BY GOD.
:
Innocent people participating in the political process. A judge. A NINE YEAR OLD GIRL. How the FUCKING HELL do you not only justify but PRAISE something like that????

seriuosly, thanks for your eloquent yelling from across the border, drea.

I barely caught the Westboro 'church ' phrase last night and i thot- uhoh, what now !?

I remember that fucking Palin Camapaign Poster! :mad:
I was horrified then and now!

I said something similar in FYM, and I'll say it here: I swear to God, if those creeps even set foot anywhere near the funeral of that little girl, I will cheer if someone punches the hell out of them and chases them out of town or calls the cops on them or something. I know it seems ironic to say that after the violence that took place at the rally, but in this particular instance, I'm sorry, I think it'd be totally justified.

And I'm also partially just venting, because shit, that just makes me so angry beyond words.

*Deep breath* Moving on to much lighter comments-bonocomet, aw, damn. That's gonna drive me nuts now :p.

And poor daz, your connection being a pain in the butt. That would frustrate me, too.

Angela

yeah the thought of then showing up for any of the funerals esp a child ! It's emotional violnce!
(i'm not a pure pacific- I sort of admire it, but sometimes i do beleive you have to defend yourself and others in very immediate situations)

on to more beautiful stuff......

nice you draw landscapes... i love landscape drawing! sometimes I have been really, really good at it!

I enjoy that, drawing people in groups or celebration crowd scenes, or in a story 2 or more people reacting to what one of thenm is saying.
ALso some urban scapes, tho often with a science fiction twist in that I love to draw mixed architectual stuff AND architecture I have designed my self, with a lot of gardens aorund the city nad on rooftop,s and stuff of more ecologically balanced city. Sometimes even more futuristic than tha,t but almost always now with that graden/very green city.

Fully agreed on the pacifism thing. When it comes to defending yourself or loved ones from an attack, I believe you have every right to use any means possible. Outside of that, non-violent measures only.

Yeah, usually they're just countrysides and stuff, maybe an occasional house in there or something. I was the sort of kid who was always doodling in/on her notebooks and whatnot at school when I had a moment free. Any blank page was worthy of either being written or drawn on :D. I guess the blankness drove me nuts or something and I needed to fill it up :p. And I always did the "people talking to each other" stuff, too, little bubbles with whatever they said and everything. I also liked to be as detailed as possible, always made sure there was something in the room with the people, so they weren't just standing on/in nothing, LOL.

I like your sci-fi/architecture stuff, that sounds really cool! If you ever got the chance to share some of that, I'd love to see it. And, given your description, would probably want to live in it, LOL.

Yeah, that was a fine "how do ya do", that incident. My mom and I come home, Adam and my sister and Adam's friend aren't in the living room, I see the bedroom door is closed and assume my sister and Adam went back there for some reason or other and Adam's friend left. Then a few minutes later everyone comes home and my sister's like, "We just got back from the hospital" :huh:.

I mean, this friend of Adam's has done some nice stuff for our family, so like I said, I feel a bit guilty ragging on him, but the fact is tha he can also be incredibly immature (he's still in high school). Just...it's hard to explain. 8 months cooped up in a tiny house, the four of us, then Adam's friends come over and it gets even more crowded...my mom and I are looking forward to finally having our own place and getting some breathing room/space. Need to find something we can afford, that's the problem.

Yeah, it was a nice time. Sarah and I were talking about how strange it is to think we're starting into the latter part of our 20s now (she turned 26 yesterday, I turned that age back in October) :p. It really is sort of weird, takes some getting used to. But so be it.

Angela

ali...your first Dragon Con?

never been , but have done 2 Saturdays at World Con 98 & 01! : hyper:: drool:: drool:
I've had friends who have been at DCon!

Sorry Dazz, I remember now you asked this earlier, but I forgot to reply. :reject:

I've been to D*Con once before, in 2007 - aside from being amazing fun and total geek heaven, I had the chance to meet a lot of my online friends from all over N. America (and some friends from the UK travelled there too) all in the one place, which was terrific. This year the UK folks are travelling again, so we're all going to try to make it there for 2011. :D

What was World Con like? If it was anything like Dragon Con it must have been great!

Don't wanna bring the thread down or anything but this is where my head is at right now.

I did hear about that yesterday, or maybe Saturday night, and thought of you... it's tragic and sickening enough without it happening in your own town, and with people you know involved. :hug: :hug:

As for those fucktards in that "church" thing... well, like people have said, it's hard to remind yourself why free speech and non-violence are good things when slime like that abuse their freedoms in such a revolting way. :mad: I don't think I could restrain myself.

I'll for sure check some of their stuff out, and hope that I can find something shorter. I like to have shorter songs when I'm running, as then I'll have a bigger variety of songs. I get bored pretty quickly when I run, so having shorter songs is better for my workouts. But I'll keep an eye out, and maybe I'll be able to make it work. : )

I'm going to admit something here that will probably cause some of you to shun me. I've never listened to Muse. : lol: : reject: I mean, I've heard like one song somewhere, but otherwise I have no clue about their stuff. : lol:

Ah, that makes sense. :)

Someone else said that lots of people in here would be happy to educate you in the ways of Muse, and they're right as far as I'm concerned at least! :wink:

YouTube - Muse - Bliss
(I hadn't seen this clip before... 'tis suitably odd!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8

YouTube - Muse - Assassin

Ali can I be jealous of your friends now? Kthanx : wink:

As mentioned here already I love how the fans look relaxed (so the guys do too). I cringe and can't stand those kinds of photos and videos where people are screaming at them and look like some unruly mob trying to attack them.

Don't worry, I'm jealous of them too! While they were meeting Bono and Adam, I was on a plane back to Melbourne, cos silly me had booked my leave before Brisbane II was announced, and I didn't stay for the second gig up there. Sigh! *L*

Yeah, I like to think Aussies are a pretty laid-back bunch by and large. Plus it was too warm up there to get too hyperactive!
Although having said that, I think a lot of it is to the credit of the hotel staff and the band's security. Compare those photos with this one of the mob that gathered around the place where they filmed the WITS video in Melb, where no one came out and tried to organise things (plus someone told a radio station what was going on, so thousands of people showed up):

PB200103sml.jpg

cornerlarry1.jpg

anthropomorphism an·thro·po·mor·phism (ān'thrə-pə-môr'fĭz'əm)
n.
The attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to nonhuman organisms or inanimate objects.

They use the term to apply equally to books such as Alice in Wonderland and things like the paintings of Egyptian deities, whom often have the heads of animals and the bodies of people.

This definition is a service brought to you by my inner Edge. ;)

Word:love:!

:wink:

Also, much of :cute: for the kittehs! :love: I should post some pics of the cats I live with now...

Dang, I'm sure there was something else I was going to respond to... *memory fail*

:wave: hi & bye ali

have to go to sleep nao!
after having 5 hrs of trouble staying on the net finally got back in and then had to cartch up on the horror in Ariz and comment in FYM too. my work is done for now.....

will try to remember (ah leave a reminder on my cell) to tell you a bit about World Con later today so you'll catch it later on

and for got to comment on your frinds photos's meetings with the guys! WOW !:hyper::hyper:
great photos too!:applaud::drool:

oh angela.....

"just" landscapes...nev er say that landscapes are beautful and don't have to have any buildings!

i'v e done a bit of cartoon/comic stuff with the talk bubble

but the majority of my stuff with say 2 or small groups of peole are more drawn in illustration to fine art styles ( which can be the sane) w/o bubbles :)

later! :wave:

go well, everyone :heart:

And Good Luck :hug::hug::hug: zu at school today

Is there one that is warmer than the rest? It is flippin freezing here!!!!:angry:

whaaaat??? :shocked:
Larry in the middle of the crowd???
*i'm rubbing my eyes of disbelief*

i wanted to add that at least Larry was kind enough to flash his chest and maybe even narples to the crowd!!! so maybe in the end it's all worth it that he usually doesn't show up cause when he finally does, it's... blinding?!?!? :shifty::lol:

Back
Top Bottom