PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually didn't! I remember everyone on here talking about it though. And when I found the torrent for this dvd, I also saw a torrent for that season of Rockstar INXS, so I might download it. I watched the second season of Rockstar, though. Rockstar Supernovaexceptthatnamewasalreadytakensotheyhadtochangeit. :wink:

Like I said, it was mostly cheesy fun. He's no Michael, but he could be very good, if he would work at it and not let ego and coke get in his way. The arena we saw then in is a 20,000+ seater - U2 played there on the Elevation tour. We got there, and found that they had 2/3 of the arena curtained off, and they only played to 1/3 of it.

We had floor seats, 10th row, or something. A lot of the pre-show chatter led us to the conclusion that most around us were part of a female INXS online presence. INXS' own Plebans. :wink: I sort of got an idea of how an outsider might feel in the pit at a U2 show. :lol: Honestly, I felt kind of silly being there at first, but when the show started, it was fun.

Only 1/3? That's.. kinda pathetic. I'll be in the Gas for my first show in Winnipeg, then I'm going again to Nashville.. I'm scared to death too. :) How was the show, on a scale of one to Elevation?

Well he's certainly good on the eyes. :giggle:

I'm afraid I was too young to be a fan of INXS. :( They seemed to be great, wish I could've seen them.

That's the beauty of music, there's always back catalogues, dvds, etc. :)

Only 1/3? That's.. kinda pathetic. I'll be in the Gas for my first show in Winnipeg, then I'm going again to Nashville.. I'm scared to death too. :) How was the show, on a scale of one to Elevation?

I was kind of impressed before the show that they were playing that arena. :lol: In retrospect, it makes much more sense that they're not going to come close to selling it out.

The show itself was...a 6, maybe? JD is a good singer, and he does a good Hutch imitation. I guess the question is, should he be doing that? :shrug:

I feel bad for the band. I can't blame them for trying to recapture some of the old magic. I just don't know if finding a Michael imitator was the way to go about it.

Also, I love JD's songs Pretty Vegas and Afterglow. They're great songs. The whole situation just feels a little icky, somehow.

Thanks Kristen. :) Sarah took a bunch of new pics of them on her new phone over Christmas. She said she's going to send them to me later tonight.

That was when Zoey was younger. She's a chubster, now. :cute:

Mofo Adult? :reject:

:hug don't worry I hadn't heard the expression ( which I shorted for time/typing sake) until reccently from some orf my girls here who read>>>>

it's shortened version from a cartoon call let's see Hyperbole and A Half

it's short for mother fucking adult:
as in being competant in the tasks adults have to do - and how we sometimes all phail at that as well - so we celebrate the repsonsibe actions! :D

and i don't know if you caught my later post ...i was joking 95% at youe commenrt about The Edge

so you're an Edge girl, yes?

Thanks Kristen. :) Sarah took a bunch of new pics of them on her new phone over Christmas. She said she's going to send them to me later tonight.

That was when Zoey was younger. She's a chubster, now. :cute:

:lol: Chubiness is cute :cute:

My dog is hilarious. I put my new U2 blanket on my bed every morning when I make my bed now and my dog usually lies on it when I'm on the computer in my room. I think he's a secret Adam fan because everytime he's on my bed he only lies on Adam's face :lol:

:hug don't worry I hadn't heard the expression ( which I shorted for time/typing sake) until reccently from some orf my girls here who read>>>>

it's shortened version from a cartoon call let's see Hyperbole and A Half

it's short for mother fucking adult:
as in being competant in the tasks adults have to do - and how we sometimes all phail at that as well - so we celebrate the repsonsibe actions! :D

and i don't know if you caught my later post ...i was joking 95% at youe commenrt about The Edge

so you're an Edge girl, yes?

I know you were joking. :) I am an Edge and Adam girl. Edge had me first, but I swayed to the side of Adam. So they both have me. :) Though, as I said, if they were both single and hitting on me, Edge would win.

:lol: Chubiness is cute :cute:

My dog is hilarious. I put my new U2 blanket on my bed every morning when I make my bed now and my dog usually lies on it when I'm on the computer in my room. I think he's a secret Adam fan because everytime he's on my bed he only lies on Adam's face :lol:

:lol: Poor Adam!

:shifty: is your dog a female? That could explain her choice for Adam. Mysterious powers over womenfolk. :wink:

Back when Bono and Michael were friends, I'm shocked that the world didn't implode when they hung out, due to some sort of violation of the space - time - hotness continuum. Damn. :drool:

Back when Bono and Michael were friends, I'm shocked that the world didn't implode when they hung out, due to some sort of violation of the space - time - hotness continuum. Damn. :drool:

welkl for all we know VP, a wholke new universe could of been created and brancheed off into the quantum flux each time they hung out together, and we'd never know about it! :lol:

-----------------------

Kristen, how are you?:wave::hug:

welkl for all we know VP, a wholke new universe could of been created and brancheed off into the quantum flux each time they hung out together, and we'd never know about it! :lol:

Can I live there? Plz? :drool:

I have to admit, my attention has waned from the dvd in the past while, and I was reminded why I never became a HUGE INXS fan - their songs are too "samey" to hold my attention. And then Never Tear Us Apart just came on, and I got chills. :drool: Also, Hutch is singing the SHIT out of this song. :up:

(I swear, it's U2's lack of saminess and versatility that makes me love them so much.)

:lol: Poor Adam!

:shifty: is your dog a female? That could explain her choice for Adam. Mysterious powers over womenfolk. :wink:

Nope he's a boy :lol:

*envies* You have an awesome mom.

Yep she's pretty cool :up:

-----------------------

Kristen, how are you?:wave::hug:

Hey Dazz :wave:

I'm in here on and off tonight. Just getting some reading done for school.

You?

Zu :hug: :hug:

Even worse, the Westboro Baptist "Church" (I refuse to call it a real church, it's more like a sanctuary of hate) is saying they're going to protest the funerals of those who died yesterday and have put out a flyer PRAISING THE GUNMAN AND CLAIMING HE WAS SENT BY GOD.

:doh: :madwife::madwife::madwife:

Innocent people participating in the political process. A judge. A NINE YEAR OLD GIRL. How the FUCKING HELL do you not only justify but PRAISE something like that????

wtf? I have a bone to pick with this guy. I'm sure I've mentioned before, he was going to protest a show I directed and called me and my school administration "fag enablers" and told us all we were going to hell. Then the bastard never showed up. If he does show up, I hope some people people block him or do the angel wings in front of him or something else peaceful. I'd have a hard time not throwing rocks at him if I were there.

Back from seeing HP and going to the grocery store like a motherfucking adult. :giggle:

I loved the movie. :love: It didn't end where I thought it would, but as soon as that last scene started I could tell they were going to end it there. I didn't even look at my watch once throughout the entire thing, and I normally do that when I'm in a theatre. The 2.5 hours just flew by. Anyway, it was awesome and I cannot wait until July! :D

wtf? I have a bone to pick with this guy. I'm sure I've mentioned before, he was going to protest a show I directed and called me and my school administration "fag enablers" and told us all we were going to hell. Then the bastard never showed up. If he does show up, I hope some people people block him or do the angel wings in front of him or something else peaceful. I'd have a hard time not throwing rocks at him if I were there.

Oh God, it is that asshole????:angry: I remember you talking about him. Let the families mourn in peace. I really hope that deosn't happen.:sad:

If it's any consolation, his supporters are in the hundreds, not the thousands. They're just really noisy and ugly. His group has been banned from entering several countries. And their protests are often overshadowed by much bigger anti-protests.

I'd be far more concerned with tea partiers. They're more likely to be neighbours and colleagues, people who could actually shape the political climate.

I'm pretty good, K :D

I'm working on these big knit needles w 2 medium size yarns slipping one off now and bringing it bacfk on one side. Yhen I;m going to drop that one completely and ad a different colored one. All in the green blue range of colors.

it's all bunched up b'c of hoe it is on these needles, but will be more open when finished. but i have thngs to do with it as well. :D

I accidently found the "fake rehershal" of Acrobot from "Dublin 09" just a little while ago.

actaully, I think it's a pretty good fake :D , the person certainly added certain washes of singular chords at he begining as those Edge was sort of droning his way into starting the tough Acrobat strumming...and at the "end" it faded of with a few unsettled chords that might trail off in a rehershal......

I bring this up for besides anyone wanting to hear it I will leave the link...i don't know how to (or if I am allowed to ) embed vids.......

Acrobat is a song I "douse" myself with Sonically when I have been in personal scary tough situations (like my old nasty roomie), in very disrespected encounters, or worrieed about possible terrible things to come after more broad-based events....

... for me it gives me some ground to restand on.....

YouTube - U2 Acrobat Rehearsal Dublin 04.07.09

I'll be back in a bit she says... :uhoh:
as she goes off trepidacioiusly to a news garthering site

>that is after this post actually posts! :grumpy:

Back from seeing HP and going to the grocery store like a motherfucking adult. :giggle:

I loved the movie. :love: It didn't end where I thought it would, but as soon as that last scene started I could tell they were going to end it there. I didn't even look at my watch once throughout the entire thing, and I normally do that when I'm in a theatre. The 2.5 hours just flew by. Anyway, it was awesome and I cannot wait until July! :D

Glad you loved the movie :hug:

I haven't read any of the HP series so I haven't seen the movies either :reject:

Oh God, it is that asshole????:angry: I remember you talking about him. Let the families mourn in peace. I really hope that deosn't happen.:sad:

Well said :up:

I'm pretty good, K :D

I'm working on these big knit needles w 2 medium size yarns slipping one off now and bringing it bacfk on one side. Yhen I;m going to drop that one completely and ad a different colored one. All in the green blue range of colors.

it's all bunched up b'c of hoe it is on these needles, but will be more open when finished. but i have thngs to do with it as well. :D

Glad to hear you're well :hug:

Your knitting sounds cool :D What kinds of things have you knit before?

If it's any consolation, his supporters are in the hundreds, not the thousands. They're just really noisy and ugly. His group has been banned from entering several countries. And their protests are often overshadowed by much bigger anti-protests.

I'd be far more concerned with tea partiers. They're more likely to be neighbours and colleagues, people who could actually shape the political climate.

Yeah, most of his followers are actually just his own extended family. And yes, when he was scheduled to come to our school, our local GLBTQ center held a counter-protest/party and over 400 ppl showed up there!

*Waves* Hi, people, I'm baaaaaaack! Hehe.

hopefully a U2 tribute band will swing their closer to where you live. :hug:

That'd be nice. I'd be rather surprised if they did, I don't know how overly popular they are in my area, but hey, I'll be happy if it happens.

often for banning dancing in extreme religions.... it's often tied to to unmanagable intense emotions (vs more directed emotions at a religeous ceremony), and particularly sensuality and sexualilty.

Oh, yeah, I've heard that being the reason. I still think it's strange nonetheless-yes, dancing can indeed have a sexual element to it, but...that's not exactly a bad thing (I know in their eyes it is, but naturally I strongly disagree) and I just don't understand how people can go through life not wanting to engage in such an activity. I mean, it's their choice, of course, but I just think it's really odd. Go figure, though *Shrugs*.

you should tell us more about you artistic & craft endevors! :) (if you feel comfortable)

Heh, um, well, crafts I cannot do. I suck at them. But I do like to draw pictures of fields and stuff, draw people (which generally tend to look rather cartoon-ish), I can draw Lydia from the old "Beetlejuice" cartoon quite well, and I've done a couple U2 drawings. I can't remember if I've saved them to Photobucket or not. We don't have a scanner here at the moment, and I don't know where the U2 drawings are, so I wouldn't be able to post them unless I'd already saved them to Photobucket some time back. I'll check on that. If/when I get back to school, I'd like to minor in something art-related (my major would be in English/literature/writing fields).

I also love to write, mainly short stories. I've been doing that since I was really little. And I have an idea for a book I'd love to publish someday, too, political in nature. I'd just need to figure out the best way to go about gathering the material for it. So I'll see what comes of that idea.

enjoy your night out with tyour friend! :wave:

Ah, we had a great time. It was me, my friend Sarah, another girl named Sara, and two guys, Mark and Darren. All three of them were people Sarah knew from her college days and I met them last year when I moved back here and became good friends with them, too. We went out to a bar for a couple hours, it was kind of dead, so we came back (had a DD, naturally-I wouldn't have let my friends hear the end of it if we didn't, and everyone else wanted to see to it that we had one, too), and stayed at Sarah's place and played some games and stuff. And I may have gotten just a wee bit buzzed :drunk:. I tasted a bit of rum last night for the first time (I'm not much of a drinker to begin with, and when I do drink, it's very light alcoholic drinks) during one of our games (long story behind why) and it was god-awful and I felt quite lightheaded the rest of the night as a result, got a bit giggly as well and whatnot. Everyone was surprised and rather impressed that I didn't feel sick to my stomach or throw up after drinking it. But hey, now I know what it tastes like and now I know what I'll never drink again, LOL.

Apparently I was of the same mindset as Sarah's aunt and mom, too, 'cause we all wound up getting her some DVDs about serial killers for presents (she's into that stuff, she wants to go into a criminology career, forensics and that sort of thing), LOL. So Friday night we watched 'Silence of the Lambs', which was...strange and rather creepy, and then last night we saw a thing on the six degrees of "Helter Skelter", related to the Charles Manson clan and the murders associated with them. Fun, huh?

I also got Sarah the first season of "The Big Bang Theory", though, so it wasn't all dark subject matter! But anywho, yeah, it was a great weekend, we had a nice get-together, all that good stuff.

He is the awesomest. :giggle: I love the still photo he always shows of him with his pet ferrets. :lol:

craigfergusonferrets.jpg

and yes his accent. :love:

LMAO, yeah, what the heck is with the ferret thing? It's so random (I particularly like the earring he's sporting there *Giggles*). Kind of adorable, though :cute:. And his accent :drool:... I do love me a European accent on a man.

(Did he happen to tell the audience your daughters were in about the rabbit thing? 'Cause I really want to know now, strange as that may sound)

Thora, if you still are looking for music suggestions, here's a few more from me as promised:

"Pump It Up"-Elvis Costello (the title alone makes it a perfect pick)
"Supermassive Black Hole"-Muse (you said you're not familiar with them, hehe, I know plenty of people here who would be more than happy to introduce you further if you're interested, hehe)
"Do You Want To?"-Franz Ferdinand
"Sweat"-Oingo Boingo (this is a pretty energetic little song)

Just to name a few for now, if I think of any more, I'll share them if you want them.

:doh:
I post in FYM about once every two years. Every time I do, I regret it. I just need to learn to stay out of there.

Ergh, I'm sorry about that :hug:. I understand the feeling-I post in there regularly, but yes, I do know what you mean. That shooting story just floors me, what a tragic situation. I feel horrible for those who lost loved ones, and a child getting caught in the crossfire...that makes me sick to my stomach. Ugh. My thoughts are with everyone who had to go through that horror.

Also, the Westboro "Church" can go fuck itself. Jackasses.

I'm also a bit irritated 'cause remember that friend of Adam's that I told you about a while back, the one who stayed at our house well after Adam had gone to bed and didn't get the hint to leave for the longest time? Well, today, my mom and I went to the store, and while we were gone I guess this friend was playing around with a pocketknife ('cause naturally that's what you do when you're in someone else's home *Rolls eyes*) and it slipped and cut Adam's ankle. He had to go to the hospital and get a few stitches. The doctor says he'll be fine, it's a deep cut, but nothing too serious, certainly not life-threatening. But he and my sister are a bit ticked off at his friend, 'cause he didn't seem to truly grasp what he did. Yes, it was an accident, but still... And the bottom line is, it's not his house, so put the damn knives away. He could've hurt my sister too, for god's sake. Just very annoying.

Angela

LMAO, yeah, what the heck is with the ferret thing? It's so random (I particularly like the earring he's sporting there *Giggles*). Kind of adorable, though :cute:. And his accent :drool:... I do love me a European accent on a man.

(Did he happen to tell the audience your daughters were in about the rabbit thing? 'Cause I really want to know now, strange as that may sound)

Nope, he never did. :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom