PGP: Waiting (not so) patiently for 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weird how you get a day off for the Queen's birthday and we don't :tsk:

I didn't know if you guys got the holiday or not, but I was talking to mum on the phone last night (she's in England on hols atm) and she said they didn't... which is very weird indeed! I guess the colonists were more British than the Brits just because they weren't in Britain... :shrug:

:grumpy: Australia failed.

:reject:

Come on, it was Germany... We'll be lucky to beat Ghana. :sigh:

Soccer.

Yeah, I don't know nothing about soccer. *typical American*

I don't know squat either, but it seems like everyone in Aus pretends to know all about it when we qualify for the World Cup... everyone's sports-mad. :huh:

I get to realign two call center floors! Yay! :faint:

Eek, that's a lotta people. Have fun... !

And congrats to Drea's parents :up:

Well I have no clue how strong your team's supposed to be Ali, but I just hoped they could beat the Germans. Because I hope that ANY team will beat the Germans when faced. :grumpy:

*Football. :tsk: You bloody Americans and your weird language. The rest of the world calls it football, why don't you?

Because they (and we) already have a sport called football. :shrug: It would be too confusing.

It looks like the sun is still here!! :D Finally, the summer weather seems to have arrived. :love: Crossing my fingers it stays, because Vancouver weather is very fickle. :lol:

Yes. That's why we call your sport with the black and white ball soccer. Because two sports with the same name? We certainly can't have that!

Only if a Cdn's talking about it :lol: There's the NFL (which is American) and the CFL (which is Cdn) *g*

Have I mentioned how much I like those pics in your sig? :wink:

Well here we just call what you guys do American football, and what we do football. BUt I can see it can be confusing..

:D And thanks Drea, I like them a lot too. It's really surprising how hard it is to find good siggable colour pics of Zootv! So many awesome black and whites.

So the planned outage wasn't as long as they said it would be! :cheer:

I ended up going out to a coffee shop then a park, and just hanging about outside all day. :love: Absolute perfection! It's over 20 degrees outside, which is so glorious. Just what I needed. :)

Now I'm back in the cool of my house, enjoying a cold drink, and the fact that my power is on again. :drool:

YAY

sounds like a great day out & about!:applaud::heart:

Saw a truck today that read "Laid, Vulcanized, and satisfied." I thought, that sounds like a very dirty encounter with Mr Spock.

I tweeted the pic I took. And mentioned Leonard Nimoy.

Back
Top Bottom