PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wild, I hope you get your refund.
CeeCee, hope the tax thing goes smoothly. I just got the last form I needed in the mail yesterday so I'll be doing mine soon. It usually takes me an entire day, even with TurboTax online. We usually wind up owing the state a few dollars and getting a few more dollars back from the Feds. :shrug:

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and kind words. We're supposed to hear back this week about whether or not we get the 2nd interview. At that one, they ask 5 more formulaic questions and then we have to teach a mini-lesson. I don't know why they don't just come into our classrooms and see the real thing!

CeeCee, I owe the state of California a little bit too. It's sooooo confusing. I have to fill out 3 forms and multiply and divide things down to the 4th decimal place and after all that I wind up owing them about $23 each year! :rolleyes:

Nice to see the thread gettin' a little action today (at least someone is! :wink: ). And super nice to see VP and Wild here :hug:

I made a joke like that. The other 4 teachers in my "group" laughed a little. THe Human Resources people didn't. :|

Moron HR people like that are what give awesome HR people like me a bad name.

(Which is to say I'm glad I'm a benefits HR person and not a hiring/firing HR person. I mean, people still might hate me for giving them bad news, but we're usually the lesser-hated of HR folk.)

There's been all sorts of Ireland travel/food shows on cable all weekend.

IS IT SEPTEMBER YET????? :hyper:

Okay, fine. I suppose I have my own stuff to look forward to in June and July. :wink:

I typically don't do anything for St. Pat's day. The bars are full of obnoxious people just getting bombed. I did just buy a bottle of Jameson's ... I'll probably just have a little toast at home after work.

I had a coworker who made soda bread every year; it was so good! She no longer works there. No soda bread this year. :(

Surely they know what standard their teachers are?

I think teachers are assessed in their classrooms here

You would think... but if they knew who the "bad seeds" were, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place!

There's been all sorts of Ireland travel/food shows on cable all weekend.

IS IT SEPTEMBER YET????? :hyper:

I'm so jealous! We haven't traveled anywhere too exciting in a long time. Our last big trip was to Ireland but that was in 2008. I miss travel so much. You're going to have an amazing time!

Of course, if I don't get my job back, I might do the 1st semester of the King's College program so I could be in England and come visit you!

That would be awesome! But, of course, I'm sure you'd prefer actually having your job. :wink: ... or maybe not? Would it be a blessing in disguise?

Even before having gone on my first overseas trip, I'm already thinking about where I want to go next. :lol:

I think somewhere warm, maybe Hawaii. It seems like there are often great airfare deals; I swear I know a ton of people from work who have gone in the last 6 months or are going soon.

Planning trips is always something I love to do! :love: I'm already planning for next year. :lol: :reject:

I highly recommend Hawaii. It's easy to go for a reasonable amount of money. People often think it's super expensive, but there are many ways of doing it for cheap. :)

Mr.Z wants to go somewhere beachy too. I think we might start looking into those "Beaches" or "Sandals" resorts (which ever one is kid friendly).

And yes, Cori, I'd like to defer my acceptance and wait until my job is secure. But it would be a nice way to cushion the blow of not having a job. Although, harder to pay for too! :lol: Whatever. Everything happens for a reason.

mmmm... my mom has a recipe for beer bread using self rising yeast or something simple like that. Maybe I'll call her tonight and get it. :hmm: And I was gonna get a bottle of Jameson for St. Pat's day but I'm not supposed to drink all week since I have a race on Sunday.

Zooey I hope all goes well with you job stuff. :hug: What an ordeal. :sigh:

And I can't remember what Edge pic I posted before you before, sorry! I checked around and just don't know. A tragic loss! :giggle:

I'm about to be off and go make some margaritas me thinks. :shifty::drool:

Here is some unsolicited advice from me to you:

If, one day, you see a girl wearing the most awesome, cute raincoat you've ever seen and are tempted to ask her where she got it even though you're crowded onto a city bus and people hate to even make eye contact, much less have a conversation with a stranger before you've had your coffee, DO IT.

Because if you don't, you will be kicking yourself months later when you are looking for a raincoat to take to Ireland and would kill to have one just like that cute one that girl was wearing on the bus months ago.

That's my advice from me to you.

^ thank you for that. Duly noted.

:shh: I just went off on someone on another forum who was all "What's so great about Julie Taymor? I saw ATU and it was okay..." I gave them examples of her work dating back from Bali/India in the 70's, through Asia and America in the 80's and then her recent take on Shakespeare's The Tempest. :reject:

^ thank you for that. Duly noted.

:shh: I just went off on someone on another forum who was all "What's so great about Julie Taymor? I saw ATU and it was okay..." I gave them examples of her work dating back from Bali/India in the 70's, through Asia and America in the 80's and then her recent take on Shakespeare's The Tempest. :reject:

Wow. I don't even know who she is. *snickers*

All I know her from is Lion King, Across the Universe and then the new Tempest. (And of course the new musical from hell.) I have no idea about any of her pre-Lion King work.

S'okay. I just didn't like the guy's tone. He wasn't saying "Hey, does anyone know why Julie Taymor is so well respected?" It was more like "WTF, who the hell is this chick?" and it bothered me.

She's been an innovator in the world of theatre since the 80s. Not everything in the world is pop culture, and just because Entertainment Weekly doesn't cover it doesn't mean it's not art. She's done amazing things with puppetry and visually, she's a genius. You have only to look at images of her work from Asia and India to realize that she has a truly unique vision. What she does with the human body, I have never seen another director/designer do.

Her most recent treatment of Shakespeare: The Tempest (2010) - IMDb

Her treatment of Beowulf: Julie Taymor's Grendel(BroadwayWorld.com)

I saw this show in middle school and it solidified my future as a theatre artist: The King Stag - Carlo Gozzi

Fool's Fire: notcoming.com | Fool's Fire

Oedipus Rex: Movie Review - Oedipus Rex - Review/Film; Two Oedipuses, One Clad in Guilt, The Other in Clay - NYTimes.com

eta: I stand corrected. She was doing amazing things in Java and Bali in the mid-70s

I'm trying to find some really cool pics of her stuff...

Back
Top Bottom