PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Before he even gets to the "He's like the son I might have had..." I want to watch it again, but I think it might kill me.

And totally unrelated, I just had an awesome time playing dominoes and scrabble with my son. :love: His scrabble words are awesome: execute, viking...

I have no classes with him. And drama at a chemistry study? :lol: That would be very odd.

Next period I have two classes with him. Should be fun. :D Saw him today a few times, talked and laughed and we walked to the trains together. Still got poked a lot lol. Can't say I mind it!

:ohmy: :giggle:

There must be a way to incorporate drama into chemistry... re-enact all that bonding, perhaps? :angel:

Bono's grabby-hands... :tsk:

*L*

:lol: at Bono's face in the second picture

And Edge looks like he's going for a sneaky arse-grab...! :lol:

Lea Salonga as Fantine... her I Dreamed A Dream would absolutely fucking *ROCK* :heart: When I get random snippets stuck in my head the way you do, it's always her voice for On My Own :love:

My test for a Phantom is Music Of The Night, my test for a Valjean, Bring Him Home (though I've not heard anyone other than Colm Wilkinson sing it before now, really) - he passes with flying colours :heart::heart: Definitely a worthy successor :love:

A Jonas brother singing Empty Chairs At Empty Tables?? BLASPHEMY! :madwife: (He didn't butcher it, did he?)

:hyper: Wooot omg I thought it wouldn't work. I managed to fix my friend's old Nintendo(NES, original 1985 console). :yippie: I had almost given up all hope after I took it apart, cleaned everything and fixed a few things and it still wouldn't work. Then tried the other game cartridge and that one worked! :love: I'm now playing Mario Bros, the original.

/nerd

Drea, the Jonas Bro wasn't terrible. HIs voice just didn't have the richness you're used to in that role. But I didn't want to club him either. :shrug:

Yeah, he wasn't bad by any stretch, and Empty Chairs was definitely his high point. But he lacked oomph, and also only has about one facial expression.

:hyper: Wooot omg I thought it wouldn't work. I managed to fix my friend's old Nintendo(NES, original 1985 console). :yippie: I had almost given up all hope after I took it apart, cleaned everything and fixed a few things and it still wouldn't work. Then tried the other game cartridge and that one worked! :love: I'm now playing Mario Bros, the original.

/nerd

That's awesome!! I loved the old Nintendos :D

Do you have Duck Hunter?? That was my favourite.

Yup, got Mario Bros 1/Duck Hunt combination cartridge, including the Nintendo Zapper! :love:

Just tried to play it, man I so blew. :lol: I forgot how hard that game actually was!

Carefully closing up all the compartments but one metal part is really really hot and smells of burn. :uhoh: Gotta look up what it is first before I close it up completely. But it works right now, so I'm happy!

That's awesome, GG! :up: I've always wanted to find an old NES and play the old Mario games again. :love: I spent HOURS playing that when I was a kid! :lol:

Well, my run this morning was shitty. We went to a lake to run the trails there, and I tweaked my ankle. Ouch. :sad: I'm booking an appointment to go get it looked at, because it's been in pain a lot lately, and I think the tendinitis has flared up again. :sigh: At least there's a month until the race, but I'm feeling very discouraged. Stooopid ankle. :fist:

/nerd

Gg that is so cool! I've been dying to play some of those old games again! Especially Mario. Great memories!

So I just got some really good news. I finally heard about one of the families I know in Sendai. They're alright at the moment, but still things are bad. Their home is badly damaged, and they only just got some power back and were able to answer email. The hardest thing to hear though is they have now run out of food. :( They still haven't heard from the other family we know in Sendai though so that's not good. I guess it wasn't the best news I've heard in a while, but it was good finally hearing something from them.

:wave:

fast run thru catch up/.....

GG- so glad you 're finally feeling better!:hug:
Ali- feel better!!:hug:

Cori-- tweeking travel plans/no show date :hug:s

Thora - ouch! good luck with easing your ankle back into good shape!:hug:

VP :hug: on general principles

zu- awwww great scrabble words from little Z! :hug:

I love Scrabble!
Very funny... my mom used to beat me at it about 60% of the time. I have the better vocabulary, but she had been doing cross-word puzzles for decades, so she had the better visualizing of the board! :grumpy: :lol::heart:mom :sigh: *sniffle*
how's the poetry slam thing going?

drea-- had to give up on seeing UF-- spent too much money on unexpected stuff during the week.....

Hmm.... well-wishing to everyone else/all!
see you during the week!:heart:

Glad to hear you heard from the family, comet. I hope they'll be okay too. :( I totally agree with the helpless feeling. I just wish there were more I could do to help.

Thanks dazz. :hug:

Despite the frustration of this morning I've had a really lovely Saturday. I went grocery shopping and ran into friends at every single store I went to. :lol: I looked like shit, but everyone was nice enough not to comment, or in the guys' cases, I'm sure they didn't even notice. :lol: Been catching up on The Big Bang Theory, and am almost done season 2. I noticed that MTV was airing an Adele concert, so I'm watching that right now. :love: Holy fuck do I ever love her! The MTV hosts of this are so dumb, and one girl has bangs that are COMPLETELY covering her eyes, which is annoying me, but the music is making up for it.

Tonight for dinner I'm going to be making potato bacon soup. :drool: Anyone want to come over? :wink:

It was only a 30 min show, and there were commercials and talking for the majority of it. What a disappointment! :sigh: She only sang 3 songs. They were awesome, but still! SHOW MORE music!! Bah. I know there are plenty of YT videos out there, but I was hoping for a bit more. Shouldn't have expected that from MTV, though. :lol:

MTV has music now? :ohmy:

Comet, I'm glad you've heard from one of the families at least! :hug: I hope the other one is okay too, and they're able to get food and everything. It must be horrible, I know that helpless feeling too. :slant:

Thora, hope your ankle comes good in time for the race. :hug:

GG, yay for old skool games! The first gaming thing I ever had was my old grey Gameboy... *L*

I've spent so much money since pay day... :reject: Needed shoes for the hen's night and the wedding (still don't have wedding shoes), plus (cheap) jewellry for the hen's, and all this make-up stuff that I've never bought before (do you really need foundation AND face powder??), and I have to get stick-on nails yet too, cos mine are too short. Argh. *L*

I'm so over shopping. :crack:

</tomboy>

Sitting in the hotel across from the triathlon site. In bed in my tri suit with timing chip on my ankle- lol!

Comet, glad to hear you got some good news. Here's hoping for more.

Ali, I think we'll need some pics of you all dolled up.

Y'day we found this store, we thought it was just a candy store but it was like a WAREHOUSE of all thongs candy!!! It was awesome.

Alright, race time approaches. See y'all on the other side!

Good luck, zu! Sending good racing vibes your way. :hi5:

So my landlords live upstairs (I live in the basement suite), and for the most part their noise doesn't bother me. But this morning their son decided to get into a fight with his parents at 6:45am, and stand right above my bedroom while yelling at them at the top of his lungs. :crack: Good lord. Finally he eventually shuts up, but I couldn't go back to sleep. What teenager is up at that hour on a Sunday anyway?! :tsk: :lol: Oh well. I'll definitely be having a few naps today.

funny-pictures-cat-comics.jpeg

Sooo typical. :giggle:

Possibly belated good luck, Zu! :hug: :hyper:

The hen's night has a dress-up theme, and I'm going as Morticia Addams... I'm pale, but not THAT pale, so make-up seems to be necessary. Sigh! Plus I got a new dress to wear to the wedding (a miracle in itself), and my fashion-savvy friends assure me that none of my current shoes go with it. Maybe they're secretly working for the shoe industry... :hmm:

At least I made up for all this girliness by buying a box set of old-Dr-Who episodes about Daleks. :lol:

But yes, I'm sure there will be photos...

Possibly belated good luck, Zu! :hug: :hyper:

The hen's night has a dress-up theme, and I'm going as Morticia Addams... I'm pale, but not THAT pale, so make-up seems to be necessary. Sigh! Plus I got a new dress to wear to the wedding (a miracle in itself), and my fashion-savvy friends assure me that none of my current shoes go with it. Maybe they're secretly working for the shoe industry... :hmm:

At least I made up for all this girliness by buying a box set of old-Dr-Who episodes about Daleks. :lol:

But yes, I'm sure there will be photos...

That's gonna be a must see then. :D

:uhoh: Shoes that go with dresses? Hell in a box I tell ye!

Back
Top Bottom