PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Thora, I was about that age too. I LOVED the first act but was a little lost in the 2nd half. But then I saw it in high school and LOVED the whole thing. Since then, I've seen it 3 more times. :love:

Happy Friday, everyone.

I'm feeling the need to limit my Interference time again. I'm finding myself arguing with people about weird stuff again. :crack:

I'm feeling the need to limit my Interference time again. I'm finding myself arguing with people about weird stuff again. :crack:

Same here. :crack: And I don't usually get involved with arguments or debates. However I'll just back out before I limit my Interference time :lol:

I guess it depends what sort of classes you have together... anything romantic? If you did drama you could wind up having to do a kissing scene or something... :wink:

I have no classes with him. And drama at a chemistry study? :lol: That would be very odd.

Next period I have two classes with him. Should be fun. :D Saw him today a few times, talked and laughed and we walked to the trains together. Still got poked a lot lol. Can't say I mind it!

:wave: Happy St Patrick's Day to all of you too!

Breakfast/lunch at the pub was great! I had Kilkenny Irish Red ale (which they'd colored green of course) and a bowl of Irish stew. That was awesome beer, I hadn't had it before and I liked it a lot! Our timing was perfect getting there at 11 there was no crowd at all. By the time we finished it was packed with a wait to get in the door! It was a good day :D Hubby is cooking corned beef and cabbage, carrots, and potatoes now. It smells sooo good.

(And I wore a Green Day shirt. I wanted to wear U2, but don't have a green U2 shirt :( )

You got green ale? :lol: How cool! Kilkenny is pretty cool, though I can't find much of a difference between it and Murphy's Irish Red. That food sounds good. :drool: Mann I miss Ireland!

:tsk: you should've gotten a 360 tour shirt then. My Brussels t-shirt is green. :D

I'm trying my hardest to not go into discussion with people anymore, not just on here but also in real life(I love arguing and love being right, in case you hadn't noticed yet:wink: ). But sofar it's not going that great. :lol:

You got green ale? :lol: How cool! Kilkenny is pretty cool, though I can't find much of a difference between it and Murphy's Irish Red. That food sounds good. :drool: Mann I miss Ireland!

:tsk: you should've gotten a 360 tour shirt then. My Brussels t-shirt is green. :D

Oh I did get a few 360 shirts!. But no green ones. Lemme see, mine are black, white, and grey. :hmm: I think that's all.

My favoritest of them :drool: my pervert Bono shirt.

bonoshirtmine-1.jpg

and I have the white and red angel one (the first angel version)

You and BVS should start an Interference debate team!

:wink:
:lol: I guess we both are the ones most fond of debating yeah.

Oh I did get a few 360 shirts!. But no green ones. Lemme see, mine are black, white, and grey. :hmm: I think that's all.

Ah, right, they're from the 2010 tour. :D They're pretty. I got black, grey, navy, army green I think. :hmm: got the symbols, Dublin, Breathe lyrics and the Brussels one. :)

Yours looks like Bono is grabbing your boobies! :lol:

:lol: I guess we both are the ones most fond of debating yeah.

Ah, right, they're from the 2010 tour. :D They're pretty. I got black, grey, navy, army green I think. :hmm: got the symbols, Dublin, Breathe lyrics and the Brussels one. :)

Yours looks like Bono is grabbing your boobies! :lol:

Exactly :shifty: :combust:

GG, are you feeling better?

Surprisingly, yeah. I've not been this hungry in weeks! :lol: That's usually a sign of me being sick, I lose appetite(I usually eat a lot, fast metabolism etc). And I barely ate the last two weeks, first becasue of the flu, then because it hurt to eat. And now I just had an extra dessert and am still feeling like I barely ate anything.

:D And my throat isn't hurting anymore, my lungs are starting to get better too and my sinuses are nearly empty again. Long live antibiotics! :yippie:

How are ya?

Glad you're feeling better! :)

I'm okay. Nothing exciting going on. Still no word on our stupid concert and the U2 cover thing, if we can move it to April or not. :(

I'm glad too, it was really starting to interfere with my life!

When are you going to get the final word on that concert issue? your bass player was going to try something right? Hope it gets sorted!

Time for me to call it a night. :yawn: Another thing I love now, finally able to sleep through the night again without waking up every hour coughing my lungs up or having a dry sore throat.
:love: Antibiotics :love:

Well, supposedly, the "mellow" acts are supposed to be doing their gig next Friday ... but I haven't heard boo about it. It's entirely possible I'm just not on any email strings because I wasn't scheduled to do anything for the show, but it's weird that it's been quiet on all fronts.

Part of me wonders if it's already being changed, and a committee vote isn't needed. I'm not going to bug my friend the bass player, though. He's got a lot going on and I don't want to be a pain in the butt.

Me bugging him isn't going to make it happen or not, unfortunately. :lol:

I'll ask him next week, because then I can lump it in with a "... I haven't heard anything about the show on Friday, what's going on?" ;)

G'night!

ZOMG.

Remember when we were all watching that Les Miz thing on PBS the other week? I'm totally crushing on Alfie Boe (the dude who played Valjean).

I'm watching videos of him on YouTube - there are a bunch with him and Matt Lucas, the guy who played Threnadier (sp?). SO FUNNY.

YouTube - Alfie Boe warbles a bit.

First of all, this is both amazing (that voice!) and hilarious.

Second of all, read the little text blurb:

I've been staying at my friend Matt's house and as I'm not paying rent, he insisted I sing a song by way of compensation. He lined up a karaoke version of 'Nessun Dorma' and this is what happened. I would like to apologise to Mr Pavarotti and Matt would like to apologise to anyone offended by his moobs.

:lol: I immediately knew I had to share that here, as I've never heard anyone else say the word "moobs."

*snerk* Was that the 25th anniversary one? I saw it listed on the tv guide thing on the hotel tv while flipping channels... I need to get the dvd of the 10th anniversary, Mom has it on videotape - Colm Wilkinson as Valjean, Alun Armstrong as Thernadier, Lea Salonga as Eponine... and at the end, when they're doing the final version of Do You Hear The People Sing they have a parade of Valjeans from all different countries that come up to the stage and sing a bit of it in their own language :heart: Sounds really cool in Japanese and German!

*snerk* Was that the 25th anniversary one? I saw it listed on the tv guide thing on the hotel tv while flipping channels... I need to get the dvd of the 10th anniversary, Mom has it on videotape - Colm Wilkinson as Valjean, Alun Armstrong as Thernadier, Lea Salonga as Eponine... and at the end, when they're doing the final version of Do You Hear The People Sing they have a parade of Valjeans from all different countries that come up to the stage and sing a bit of it in their own language :heart: Sounds really cool in Japanese and German!

I looooooove the 10th anniversary DVD! :drool: That encore is amazing.

The 25th was good, but not nearly as good as the 10th, because the 10th has Michael Ball instead of a fricking Jonas brother. At least Eponine was good, and Lea Salonga was still in it, playing Fantine.

Colm Wilkinson is Colm Wilkinson (bow down before the master), but hot damn am I crushing hard on Alfie Boe and his glorious voice right now.

YouTube - Alfie Boe Bring Him Home

Here's the encore with the 4 "main" Valjeans - gorgeous:

YouTube - Valjean Quartet - "Bring Him Home", Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert

And the final encore, with the original cast, including glorious Michael Ball being awesome:

YouTube - Les Misérables (The 25th Anniversary Concert) - "One Day More (Encore)" [LIVE] HQ

Back
Top Bottom