PGP - Waiting for the future to begin.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's great, Russty! :heart: And I'm glad to hear you and your dad had a moment like that, Elvis records or no. :hug: But the record collection itself is awesome! :cool:

Coming home is always such a relief after a trip like that! :yes:

Drea you will be happy to know I came home with yarn to knit socks as well as a copy of Interweave Summer 2005, Knit.1, Yarn Harlot, and Knitting Rules. My mom also let me steal some of her silk scarves for my art quilts. She tried to get me some ties, but my dad wasn't going for it. hehe I swear he is retired, but he still swears he is going to wear them. Goofball! :lol:

Russty Cat said:
Drea you will be happy to know I came home with yarn to knit socks as well as a copy of Interweave Summer 2005, Knit.1, Yarn Harlot, and Knitting Rules. My mom also let me steal some of her silk scarves for my art quilts. She tried to get me some ties, but my dad wasn't going for it. hehe I swear he is retired, but he still swears he is going to wear them. Goofball! :lol:

:lol:

Just as a bit of trivia, that exclamation point on the Knitting Rules cover? So not Stephanie's idea :wink: Apparently authors have no control over their covers *snerk* I haven't got my hands on it yet - unless you count her bringing it to SnB the night she got her copy in the mail :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
That's great, Russty! :heart: And I'm glad to hear you and your dad had a moment like that, Elvis records or no. :hug: But the record collection itself is awesome! :cool:

Coming home is always such a relief after a trip like that! :yes:

There really is no place like home. :wink: Its so nice to know there are crazier people in the world then us. :lol:

My dad really has changed. One night I wasn't feeling real well and I kept getting up to get medicine and ice packs he kept offering to help and asked if there was anything he could do. I said not really, but it was nice to have some moral support. He said well if I was a horse he would take me out back and shoot me. :lol: I was laughing for a while and it did help me forget about the pain. He went on for a while with other jokes. Like how if the pain meds didn't work we could try main lining Herion or smoke some crack and he was sure my brother would know how to get some. This was really funny to us, since my brother is currently on so many drugs he looks like a walking pharmacy. I love that my dad has the same sense of humor that I do. Its heartless and cruel sometimes, but it helps in a warped way. :heart:

Russty Cat said:

I love that my dad has the same sense of humor that I do. Its heartless and cruel sometimes, but it helps in a warped way. :heart:

:yes: It makes all the difference in the world sometimes :laugh:

:hug:

How was everyone when they saw all your body art?

Drea said:

Define "behave" :lmao:

Girl you didn't warn me that your "rock star boyfriend" was a freaking madman on the guitar! :lol:

OH MY! I obviously have not been doing Mike "The fucking God of rock!" McCready justice. Does it help if I say he has made me weep before because of his playing? Like full on weeping like a child! In public! With no shame! :lol:

How was the show?! I'm dying to see him in person again! I just found out while I was down at my parents that my older brother may have Chron's Disease like Mike. I swear it was so hard to not say that my Rock Star Boyfriend has that! I figured they would think I'd finally totally lost it. I did tell my baby brother, but he knows that I have mad love for Pearl Jam.

Drea said:

:lol:

Just as a bit of trivia, that exclamation point on the Knitting Rules cover? So not Stephanie's idea :wink: Apparently authors have no control over their covers *snerk* I haven't got my hands on it yet - unless you count her bringing it to SnB the night she got her copy in the mail :wink:

I thought it seemed a bit different for Stephanie! :lol: I had been waiting to get her books cuz they never seemed to have them here. My mother who knows I'm a book whore hooked me up with 20 books! Yes count them 20! She gave me books on worship music with a cd, knitting books, art books, books on how to deal with living a life with illness, and some fiction stories that she enjoyed. I :heart: my mom when it comes to her enabling ways. hehe

TheEdgeOSCEra623.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s31.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s5.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s9b1.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s9c.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s19b.jpg

TheEdgeOSCEra6s19g2.jpg

Some Edgie love for Russty :sexywink:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: It makes all the difference in the world sometimes :laugh:

:hug:

How was everyone when they saw all your body art?

Well it seems they were all instructed not to say anything about it. My mother didn't want them upsetting me. She told my older brother that if he started anything with me there would be heck to pay. Someone forgot to mention all of this to my baby brother who also has many tattoos. He walked in, hugged me and then said "Okay show me the ink." :lol: So I'd been there for like 5 minutes and I showed the whole family everything. They were all pretty okay with it and my baby brother said that they were really cool and though my artist was very talented. After a few days my dad asked about the guitar on my arm. I explained it to him and he just smiled. Later on I heard him whispering to my mom in there room. He said that he knew my mother didn't agree with the tattoos, but that he thought they were really nice and that I seemed so much happier and that it was okay with him as long as I was taking care of myself.

Russty Cat said:

OH MY! I obviously have not been doing Mike "The fucking God of rock!" McCready justice. Does it help if I say he has made me weep before because of his playing? Like full on weeping like a child! In public! With no shame! :lol:

How was the show?! I'm dying to see him in person again! I just found out while I was down at my parents that my older brother may have Chron's Disease like Mike. I swear it was so hard to not say that my Rock Star Boyfriend has that! I figured they would think I'd finally totally lost it. I did tell my baby brother, but he knows that I have mad love for Pearl Jam.

Ah yes, you weren't around for my post-show squeeing :lol: Show kicked ass, even if at times I felt like someone at a U2 show who only knew the Joshua Tree album and Elevation *g* And they played Black :drool: :combust: :faint: There may or may not have been something resembling tears during that song :shifty:

Drea said:

Ah yes, you weren't around for my post-show squeeing :lol: Show kicked ass, even if at times I felt like someone at a U2 show who only knew the Joshua Tree album and Elevation *g* And they played Black :drool: :combust: :faint: There may or may not have been something resembling tears during that song :shifty:

I'm so glad you had such a good time! I swear all I've heard is that they are just on fire this tour! You can't go wrong with Black and I swear tears every damn time for that song. Its like a knife to the heart. :wink: God July can't come fast enough!

Molly I was thinking of you when I was telling my parents about how cool Seattle was. I told them they have to visit. And of course go eat at Dick's. :lol: Food speaks volumes to my dad. :wink:

See ya in a bit Bri. :wave: :heart:

Nighty night Drea :hug: :heart:

:hug: Thora :hug: Molly Sorry I feel like I swooped in and took over. I was just so excited to see all of you and I swear my brain is trying to go way to fast. :heart:

SG is there any way you could search for the PGP thread where Drea post about the concert? I think it would be a week ago Tuesday. I hate not being premium. :madwife:

Russty Cat said:
SG is there any way you could search for the PGP thread where Drea post about the concert? I think it would be a week ago Tuesday. I hate not being premium. :madwife:

yep I can do that :)

give me a couple minutes :wink: I'm working on Ch 22 at the moment, but I can search the archives at the same time

:hug: Thora thanks for understanding. I'll try to calm down the nuttiness for now. :wink:

Thanks SG! :hug: I can't wait for chapter 22. :hyper:

Thanks SG! You saved me a ton of time.

And it is rather nice to just be happy for once. I've been so excited to get home and work on stuff. This trip really made me realize how glad I am to be where I am in my life. It was hard to see all the people I left so many years ago, but glad to know that they are doing okay. I swear I was even considering cleaning the house. Either I've totally lost it or I'm happy. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom