PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comet, Mike's Hard Lemonade does nothing for me - I mean I like the taste but it might as well be non-alcoholic. I will be having some gin and tonics later with some friends though.

Because some of us are usually able to let the bullshit go in one ear and out the other? And because there are other people not in Pleba I enjoy interacting with? (I enjoy answering rhetorical questions. :wink: )

The main U2 talky forum is heavily irritating, but I enjoy spending a lot of time in the music and TV/movie sections.

I hang out here and in a few of the sports threads in Put 'Em Under Pressure *g*

Comet, Mike's Hard Lemonade does nothing for me - I mean I like the taste but it might as well be non-alcoholic. I will be having some gin and tonics later with some friends though.

Ha! Yeah I have no idea. I can drink lots of hard liquor like tequila, gin and vodka and feel nothing. Seriously nothing! But beer and these Mikes? :drunk:

Big news!!!!!!!!

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse me while I freak out here. YAAAAYYYYY!!!! :hyper:

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!

I haven't been around here too much lately so I missed your posts regarding this. What type of job did you get?

Elton and Billy Joel used to do a thing where they toured together, I recall-do they still do that every now and again? 'Cause I'd like to see that concert, I bet that would be fun.

The last time the two of them came to TO I saw the show - great show, but if I had to pick one of them to see individually I'd pick Billy Joel :) Elton was fairly serious (except for the joke about being half Cdn now because of his husband *g*), Billy was having fun and joking around :lol:

For example, he claimed the original line from She's Always A Woman was
She can ruin your face with her powerful thighs
instead of "she can ruin your faith with her casual lies" :giggle:

I know they have since then, but not lately? He seems to tour a ton, with his regular Vegas appearances, and then travelling. There were a few Ontario dates announced for later this year, but I didn't hear about them till the day they went on sale, and by the time I checked, they were sold out. :( I signed up for his website/email notifications after that. I seriously adore him.

I got my ticket a few years back in a ticketbastard drop the afternoon of the show - don't give up hope! :)

For Thora: Larry APPROVES! :up:

larry2-7-05.jpg

larrysigningu2byu2.jpg

Larryapplaud3602010.jpg

See Larry celebrate:

larryswingzootv.jpg

larrylemons.jpg

Congrats! :D

larrybonocutetie.jpg

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!

I haven't been around here too much lately so I missed your posts regarding this. What type of job did you get?

It's an office job for a non-profit organization. It's something I've never done before, but it sounds like an exciting challenge. It's a one year contract (maternity leave). I would hope it lasts longer, since this is the woman's first child, so she might decide to stay at home, but who knows. They're really growing and expanding, so I might even be able to move into a different job after the year is up, if the woman comes back after her leave is over.

The office is really close to where I live, the hours are good, and the pay is FABULOUS!! More than I've ever made before, which is a huge blessing. I'll be able to save a TON, which is so awesome.

I'm very happy!! :)

It's an office job for a non-profit organization. It's something I've never done before, but it sounds like an exciting challenge. It's a one year contract (maternity leave). I would hope it lasts longer, since this is the woman's first child, so she might decide to stay at home, but who knows. They're really growing and expanding, so I might even be able to move into a different job after the year is up, if the woman comes back after her leave is over.

The office is really close to where I live, the hours are good, and the pay is FABULOUS!! More than I've ever made before, which is a huge blessing. I'll be able to save a TON, which is so awesome.

I'm very happy!! :)

oh yay! Sounds really great! When do you start?

First and foremost...

Big news!!!!!!!!

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse me while I freak out here. YAAAAYYYYY!!!! :hyper:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY! :dance: :dancing::happydance::cabbagepatch::yippie::applaud:

Ah, that's wonderful news, Thora, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations :hug:! When do you start?

WTF weather seriously, was 20ish C a long time (68 ºF) and today 4C (39 ºF)

:|

It's been hovering in the upper 90s, close to 100 degrees F today. Trade?

The last time the two of them came to TO I saw the show - great show, but if I had to pick one of them to see individually I'd pick Billy Joel :) Elton was fairly serious (except for the joke about being half Cdn now because of his husband *g*), Billy was having fun and joking around :lol:

Hahahahaha, OMG!

Great, now I'll think of that line instead when I hear that song now.

But that's interesting, that Billy was the more entertaining one for you. I bet he would put on a good show, though.

Thanks everyone! :) There's a brief sort of description on the previous page. If you want more specific details, I'm happy to share those in a PM.

I go in next Thursday to do paperwork and get a few things set up, but my official start date is July 9th. So I have a week and a bit to just relax, do nothing, and enjoy not having to stress out any more about money and searching for a job!!!!!!

You guys are the best. :love:

:ohmy:

:tsk:

:lol::lol:

I totally ordered a pizza tonight to celebrate. :lol: I have plenty of good and delicious food that I could have spent an hour + cooking, but I deserved a treat, dammit. :yes:

Pizza sounds good. We've got frozen ones here, might pop one in, can both eat pizza to celebrate your news :D.

Thanks everyone! :) There's a brief sort of description on the previous page. If you want more specific details, I'm happy to share those in a PM.

I go in next Thursday to do paperwork and get a few things set up, but my official start date is July 9th. So I have a week and a bit to just relax, do nothing, and enjoy not having to stress out any more about money and searching for a job!!!!!!

You guys are the best. :love:

Nice! Good to have a week to prepare yourself and enjoy your last bits of proper freedom and whatnot. And you can take the week and start thinking about what you're going to do with your coming paychecks, see if there's any fun things coming up that you can treat yourself to :D!

I knew it would happen for you sooner or later. It's great to have you happy and sharing good news :hug:.

I had a bland steamed tilapia and Velveeta mac and cheese. Hey, I took over my husband's training session because he didn't feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom