PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I would strongly urge anyone who has the chance to see him to do so. He really hasn't lost much vocally, and it was an amazing show. There were floor seats available when I bought mine (cheap seats) and I was all "no! I don't need expensive seats, as long as I'm in the building, I'm fine!" HELLS NO. Next time it'll be the very best seats, those people were rocking out and having an amazing time, and Elton is quite interactive with the crowd!

Then I just kept getting annoyed by everything on my commute home. I haven't been this crab-assy in ages.

But I had a shot of vodka and I've got a loud, raucous CD blasting on the stereo, which helps.

I approve of your prescription for crabby-ass-ness.

So it's been TRYING to rain here for hours. There was a full storm on the other side of town that I drive thru but here, it drops about 6 drops every 10 minutes. Monsoon, ur doin it wrong

I approve of your prescription for crabby-ass-ness.

So it's been TRYING to rain here for hours. There was a full storm on the other side of town that I drive thru but here, it drops about 6 drops every 10 minutes. Monsoon, ur doin it wrong

:( I love rain, and when heavy rain is forecasted and we only get a few sprinkles, I'm so disappointed.

Bryan Adams is on this dvd, too. Sharing vocals on Sad Songs. It's not one of my favourite songs, so it's okay...but mostly the guest vocalists on this dvd need to be bitch slapped. Billy Joel on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in particular.

Tara needs to move here. I guarantee if she spent any length of time listening to Canadian radio, she would be sick of Bryan Adams, too. :lol:

IMPOSSIBLE. :shifty: I can never tire of Bryan. NEVER.

I have that version of Sad Songs, but I'm afraid to listen to it. I don't know why.

Didn't Robert Downey Jr. do an Elton John video around the same time?
Yes. It was a lovely, low-key video too.

:shifty:

*runs away*

Okay, I have some work issues I need to discuss/get some opinions on.

Not that I'm afraid people from work are stalking me on here, I'm still paranoid about posting about work in any sort of detail, and I'm wondering what the best way to deal with things would be. Zoo Confessionals? I don't even know how much that is frequented these days. In here under spoilers? Arg.

Might be a dumb question, but what good does having it under spoilers do you? I think this forum can be read whether or not you're a registered member; can unregistered guests not view posts under spoilers?

Okay, I have some work issues I need to discuss/get some opinions on.

Not that I'm afraid people from work are stalking me on here, I'm still paranoid about posting about work in any sort of detail, and I'm wondering what the best way to deal with things would be. Zoo Confessionals? I don't even know how much that is frequented these days. In here under spoilers? Arg.

Do they know your alias? Is there ANY connection between anything you do/use at work and the name "Vintage Punk"? If not, I don't see the harm. Heck, I'm pretty easy to find I think... my user name is based on my license plate on my car.

Might be a dumb question, but what good does having it under spoilers do you? I think this forum can be read whether or not you're a registered member; can unregistered guests not view posts under spoilers?

I could be wrong (very likely!) but I've always assumed that under spoilers would be more difficult/impossible for google bots to pick up. Am I incorrect on that??

Oh, a google bot thing. I don't think that would make things any more hidden from sneaky internet ways, to be honest.

Well, like zu said - you never mention the name of your workplace, and it's not even clear you're Canadian, so unless someone might make a connection between your user name and your real name, what are the odds that someone would know this is you?

If you're really that concerned about the merest hint of being detected, then you're probably better off not talking about it at all.

But I suppose at this point, you've probably already passed that option, because you have been talking about your work.

It's good to be concerned and cautious, of course.

Do they know your alias? Is there ANY connection between anything you do/use at work and the name "Vintage Punk"? If not, I don't see the harm. Heck, I'm pretty easy to find I think... my user name is based on my license plate on my car.

I think if someone were really motivated to find it, they could connect my main personal email account to Interference.

That said, my former supervisor knew I have an online presence, and used to say all the time that I should blog about work experiences. Ha. Yeah, I don't think that would be wise...

your user name comes up when I searched and I still see all of your uploaded videos.

The trouble I'm having is being able to see ANY videos, or anything at all that uses Adobe Flash. Which means I also can't upload pics to photobucket except one at a time, and all kinds of stuff that uses Flash on our computers. Like quick copy and paste! UG!!

My favorite Elton songs:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rocket Man
The Bitch Is Back
I'm Still Standing (it's cheesy but I love it)
This Train Don't Stop There Anymore

.... it's listed as "There" on my CD, but isn't it "Don't Stop HERE Anymore"???? Weird.

The only non-greatest-hits CD of his I own is Tumbleweed Connection, which is great.

Rocket Man has been one of my absolute favorites since I was like 11 years old when it came out. I went out and bought it. I was a huge Elton fan, and I remember he was the first artist that I eagerly awaited a new album to come out, waiting outside Tower records for them to open when I was 14 years old. :cute:

He has some amazing full albums! You should get more of his early ones and listen through. They are like U2 albums in that most his early ones are all so good, every song.

Where is he now? I know he was thinking about grad school, but then was thinking about going back to FOX, or he did? He's bounced around a bit. What city did he end up in? I should probably just get Facebook...

I have the EJ Dream Ticket 4 dvd set, but only ever watch the first disc, the NYC show. What is your set called?

Bonus - just started, on mine, Kiki Dee makes and appearance for Don't Go Breakin' My Heart, yay!

Today in the grocery Don't Go Breaking My Heart came on the music they play! I actually was singing along. My friend and I may have have dueted that in high school. :shifty:

Oh and Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters. :drool: That's the song I used to entice my kids to become Elton fans years ago when as kids they really only knew his Lion King stuff. And it worked. :D

The trouble I'm having is being able to see ANY videos, or anything at all that uses Adobe Flash. Which means I also can't upload pics to photobucket except one at a time, and all kinds of stuff that uses Flash on our computers. Like quick copy and paste! UG!!

oh....that sucks. Can't offer any suggestions as I'm clueless on that stuff.

:eek: I thought maybe you were banned again :shame: :flirt:

Wow, there's been a party in here tonight! :)

I'll echo the love for Elton John. :up: My favourites are Crocodile Rock, I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues (if that's the name - I'm so bad with song names) and I'm Still Standing. Oh, and Benny and the Jets. Hell, I love most of his stuff! :lol:

I've been in a pity party mood tonight, and I'm sick of it. I'm trying hard to snap out of it, but it's not very easy.

My Elton CD is just Greatest Hits 1970-2002. It's a good collection, save for the Mona Lisa song being missing. Really, I would have happily taken that over frickin' Island Girl.

Ha, I liked "Island Girl" as a kid. I remember my dad made a tape once for me that was full of '70s songs, after I saw one of those infomercials for music from that decade, and that song was on there.

I also like(d) "Crocodile Rock", too :reject:.

And I like "Get It On (Bang A Gong)". It's just got a great beat to it.

oh....that sucks. Can't offer any suggestions as I'm clueless on that stuff.

:eek: I thought maybe you were banned again :shame: :flirt:

:shifty:

I'm cutting myself off at two tonight. Gonna shoot for another 6am workout. :crack:

You guys and your 6AM workouts. It blows me away! All i wanna do at 6 AM is sleep.
smileyu2bonosleepingkaf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom