PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, quick glance I could see how people might be fooled.

But you'd think that people lining up to see U2 would recognize Bono vs NOTBONO as soon as he got within two feet of them.

I don't know how that security thing would work. Did he just walk up, all "Hey, it's me, Bono! I'm here to mingle. Provide me with protection, please."

Did he roll up in a limo? One would think that security people would know what time the ACTUAL BAND was ACTUALLY ARRIVING, since this would be relevant to their interests.

I don't think line/ticket security had any fracking clue about band movement. "Need to know basis" blah blah blah

Yeah, I can't say that I know what wrist he wears stuff on, or details about the rosary. (I am, however, embarrassed to admit that I didn't notice the lack of scruff.)

I have a big fear of someday getting fooled by this guy. :reject:

Who would've thought I'd be good with kids. Ha. Little one sat up crying in his bed, while we agreed with his mom that he'd call me if something was up. He wouldn't stop crying, wouldn't tell me what was up. And I figured it out. /proudofself/ He had an earache, he's had a couple of those over the years, so I gave him his medication for it, and sat with him downstairs a bit(Seinfeld was on but he doesn't understand English anyway) and then he wanted to go back to bed on his own. :cute: Still the cutest little boy evar.

Is this the son of the
teacher you used to (still do?) have a crush on?
I'll delete this comment if you want me to.

No...no. I don't need to give credence to this. U2! U2! U2! U2!

You ARE allowed to be obsessed with more than one thing. It's okay.

What would you do if I created one? :whistle:

lol!!!!! I dare you!!!!

Comet, can you view Your Tube videos directly from You Tube, despite your problems? If so, let me know, and I can make you a playlist of essential Foo Fighters songs you can go there and watch. :) Sorry you're having all this trouble. :hug: That happened to me once, where I couldn't see any that were linked to, and then it suddenly went away after a few weeks.

My kids are into the Sherlock series. That's the Benedict Cumberbunberbatchersomething one right? :hmm: I've watched some of them and just can't get into it. I don't know why, it just gives me the mehs.

Comet, can you view Your Tube videos directly from You Tube, despite your problems? If so, let me know, and I can make you a playlist of essential Foo Fighters songs you can go there and watch. :) Sorry you're having all this trouble. :hug: That happened to me once, where I couldn't see any that were linked to, and then it suddenly went away after a few weeks.

Aw thanks! But I did a system restore to a few days ago and now everything works! I'm pretty sure it had to do with an adobe Flash update because it states right on their site it doesn't support my system which is SO DUMB. It's not like I have an old computer or anything.

I'm going to go back to the thread where you posted them before when I get time to watch them. :)

My favourite is...well, too many to list. But pretty much side one of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, among many others.

Comet, I'm curious to hear if you know any of those Foo Fighters songs - you must!

I promise, we outside of PLEBA aren't all bad :p. But I understand wanting to stay in the comfy confines of one of the calmer areas of the boards, too.

As for the latest Bono news...I'm pretty much just trying to avoid all news that doesn't involve anything definite, like a breakup announcement (NOOOOOOO) or a new album release or some other musical project I might want to check out. I honestly don't know what to make of any of the other stuff going on now, so no comment.

:yes: Eric Clapton = awesome.

Indeed.

I want to go listen to a few songs by him now.

Nice song. Rather pretty :).

Ooh, cool, not too much longer!

I'm watching an Elton John dvd, where Mary J Blige is singing "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues." One of my many favourite EJ songs. :(

I heard that song last night. Definitely one of his best.

And agreed on the mention of "Your Song", and I love "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", too. He's great.

Edited to add: Speaking of older music, for some reason I'm really in the mood to listen to this right now:

Walter Egan - Magnet & Steel - YouTube

I like this song.

I saw Elton a few years ago. Parking was a nightmare, and I was scared we'd miss the beginning. We rushed, and as we were approaching our seats, the opening of Love Lies Bleeding/Funeral For a Friend started. OMG. I had tears. And chills. And more tears. And the rest of the night was just as amazing. Can't wait to see him again. Definitely in my top 5 live acts.

Awwww. Neat.

My dad always picked "Funeral for a Friend" as his personal favorite Elton John song.

Elton and Billy Joel used to do a thing where they toured together, I recall-do they still do that every now and again? 'Cause I'd like to see that concert, I bet that would be fun.

Bryan Adams is on this dvd, too. Sharing vocals on Sad Songs. It's not one of my favourite songs, so it's okay...but mostly the guest vocalists on this dvd need to be bitch slapped. Billy Joel on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in particular.

Tara needs to move here. I guarantee if she spent any length of time listening to Canadian radio, she would be sick of Bryan Adams, too. :lol:

My favourite is...well, too many to list. But pretty much side one of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, among many others.

I tried that at karaoke the last time I was out, as I'd always wanted to give it a shot. I swear there were two lines before each chorus that completely stumped me, like "what the fuck is this? how does this part go???" Ha.

I'm so pissy right now. It's our busy time, my boss is out the rest of the week, I thought I was on top of everything going on, planning on taking Friday off ...... and just realized that I'm likely not going to be able to take Friday off due to an important document being due on Friday.

Okay, fine, I can take Monday off instead, no big deal. I didn't have anything planned for Friday.

But I DO have Thursday night plans. My big night of drunken karaoke buffoonery with my old college friend and the Les Miz people in town. At this point I'm going to hope for the best and see if there's any way I can have this doc done by end of day Thursday, but if not, FUCK IT, I'm going out Thursday and coming in to work slightly hung over and definitely tired, even a little late if need be.

I am NOT missing this even though it won't start until late. UGH I'M SO PISSED. I'd turn the finalization over to my cohort, but she does not have a good eye for detail and I cannot let myself let her have final sign-off on this doc. argh argh argh

I guess I could still take the day off and take care of the sign-off from home. It's better than dragging my ass in to work. I can review it on my home computer, I guess.

ARGH ARGH ARGH

Then I just kept getting annoyed by everything on my commute home. I haven't been this crab-assy in ages.

But I had a shot of vodka and I've got a loud, raucous CD blasting on the stereo, which helps.

Awwww. Neat.

My dad always picked "Funeral for a Friend" as his personal favorite Elton John song.

Elton and Billy Joel used to do a thing where they toured together, I recall-do they still do that every now and again? 'Cause I'd like to see that concert, I bet that would be fun.

I know they have since then, but not lately? He seems to tour a ton, with his regular Vegas appearances, and then travelling. There were a few Ontario dates announced for later this year, but I didn't hear about them till the day they went on sale, and by the time I checked, they were sold out. :( I signed up for his website/email notifications after that. I seriously adore him.

Comet, I'm curious to hear if you know any of those Foo Fighters songs - you must!

Same here. There are just way too many awesome Elton songs. I think Elton, U2, and Green Day are the only concerts I've been to and could sing along with nearly every song. I say nearly because I don't know Elton's newer stuff, but when I saw him in the 70's or 80's for sure! (My brain is failing me at the moment when I saw him the first time. :reject:)

I'll let you know when I listen to the Foo Fighters! :D

Then I just kept getting annoyed by everything on my commute home. I haven't been this crab-assy in ages.

But I had a shot of vodka and I've got a loud, raucous CD blasting on the stereo, which helps.

Courtesy of my sig: It'll take you a couple of vodk-er and tonics
To set you on your feet again. :wink:

Sorry about your plans, though. That blows. :( They'll just have to deal with you sleepy for a day!

Oh you gotta be kidding. I suddenly only have the blank white screen again for all you tube videos. :mad: Aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!! :scream:

:sad: Ug.

:sigh: Gotta go make dinner. I'll be back later.

Cori, have you heard from/of Mike lately? I sent him a drunken PM last year rambling about how I think I might have a thing for older, cynical, Jewish men (Larry David, Donald Fagen). He never replied. LOL I don't think he's been on here since then, though. Not sure if you have him on FB?

That was me earlier. One whole department was bumming me out/making my life hell.

I went to boxing class and learned how to jab and cross hit. That helped a bit.

I know they have since then, but not lately? He seems to tour a ton, with his regular Vegas appearances, and then travelling. There were a few Ontario dates announced for later this year, but I didn't hear about them till the day they went on sale, and by the time I checked, they were sold out. :( I signed up for his website/email notifications after that. I seriously adore him.

Agh, so frustrating when that happens. That's a shame, but hopefully you'll get a chance again down the line :).

:hug: to Cori. That really sucks.

But I'm with you, I'd go out Thursday night anyway. Whatever you decide to do Friday, I think it'll probably be less irritating to deal with if you have fun memories from the night before to think of to pass the time.

Cori, have you heard from/of Mike lately? I sent him a drunken PM last year rambling about how I think I might have a thing for older, cynical, Jewish men (Larry David, Donald Fagen). He never replied. LOL I don't think he's been on here since then, though. Not sure if you have him on FB?

Yeah, he took a break from FB for a while, but came back. I'm pretty sure he's gone from this place for good though, after a few breaks. Seems like he's doing well.

He probably didn't get that PM - he's been off the site for a while. So don't feel too neglected. :wink:

I realized I forgot to name my favorite Elton songs. I have a bunch.

My favorite cover of an Elton song is Sinead O'Connor's version of Sacrifice, which is frickin' gorgeous.

I'm bummed that Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters is nowhere to be found on the two-disc best of set I have. WTF, you couldn't bump one of his lesser 80s songs for that classic?

My favorite Elton songs:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rocket Man
The Bitch Is Back
I'm Still Standing (it's cheesy but I love it)
This Train Don't Stop There Anymore

.... it's listed as "There" on my CD, but isn't it "Don't Stop HERE Anymore"???? Weird.

The only non-greatest-hits CD of his I own is Tumbleweed Connection, which is great.

Yeah, he took a break from FB for a while, but came back. I'm pretty sure he's gone from this place for good though, after a few breaks. Seems like he's doing well.

He probably didn't get that PM - he's been off the site for a while. So don't feel too neglected. :wink:

I realized I forgot to name my favorite Elton songs. I have a bunch.

My favorite cover of an Elton song is Sinead O'Connor's version of Sacrifice, which is frickin' gorgeous.

I'm bummed that Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters is nowhere to be found on the two-disc best of set I have. WTF, you couldn't bump one of his lesser 80s songs for that classic?
Where is he now? I know he was thinking about grad school, but then was thinking about going back to FOX, or he did? He's bounced around a bit. What city did he end up in? I should probably just get Facebook...

I have the EJ Dream Ticket 4 dvd set, but only ever watch the first disc, the NYC show. What is your set called?

Bonus - just started, on mine, Kiki Dee makes and appearance for Don't Go Breakin' My Heart, yay!

He's down in the LA area. He was here in Seattle for a temporary gig for a few months a year or so ago, but he was so busy we never got to meet up. (Or he just really didn't want to hang with me, but I like the first answer better.)

Now he's down there doing ...... uh ...... something along the same lines of his usual gigs, I think.

My Elton CD is just Greatest Hits 1970-2002. It's a good collection, save for the Mona Lisa song being missing. Really, I would have happily taken that over frickin' Island Girl.

My favorite Elton songs:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rocket Man
The Bitch Is Back
I'm Still Standing (it's cheesy but I love it)
This Train Don't Stop There Anymore

.... it's listed as "There" on my CD, but isn't it "Don't Stop HERE Anymore"???? Weird.

The only non-greatest-hits CD of his I own is Tumbleweed Connection, which is great.

I remember This Train for Justin Timberlake, who rocked the video. :up:

I'm Still Standing is awesome, so there!

Besides GYBR side one, my faves include Someone Saved My Life Tonight. I love so many of his songs that favourites are interchangeable, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something important.

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word was never a favourite of mine till I heard him do it live. Omg, I had chills, it was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom